Official US 2008 Presidential Elections Topic...

Guest Flava Dave

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything Obama has tried to steer clear of the race card as much as possible but from time you got fox news referring to mans wife as his baby momma you've got to question whether or not the Republicans have done their part to steer clear of the race issue.You repeatedly make the point that this country is in a bad way and that you hold the current government responsible. So how is that any different from black people in America looking at their economy, their foreign policy and the way black people were treated after Katrina and thinking it is time for change and Obama & the Democrats are more likely to bring that than a long term associate of the current president?
Like I have stressed. I do not believe that Obama has asked for all of this focus on race but I did say that I believe it holds him back and people need to jump off the race bandwagon and support him because they believe in him, rather then just looking towards the record books.I think it is great that in today's society and in this era, a man of any race can run for presidency and I am privileged to be alive to see this. However, as I have said above, I am just disappointed in all the race talk and this has been a little off-putting for me.I am quite conservative in my political thinking so maybe it is natural for me to oppose Obama because I do not agree with the majority of his policies. I do however believe that he will be president of the United States whether he wins this election here or not.I also do not like the talks of 'if Obama loses there will be riots'.This is also off-putting because this is typical democrat action. Riot when they don't get their own way.

Just a quick question to Obama supporters..If Obama was not in this race and it was Hilary Clinton running for President, would you still be backing the democrats and also would you have as much interest in this race asyou do now because Obama is running?Honest question..
your just a obama hater f*ck you
Obama ObamaObamaObama

Because John McCain is more likely to die sooner and not complete his term. Unless of course God forbid Obama gets assassinated. And I don't agree with Republican values. In terms of the two men though I'd rather vote for someone who is going to be voted in and stay in than another man who will be voted in potentially die and then Sarah Palin be in charge. Imagine. But I don't know the ins and outs of it all so that's all I can say without Googling. And I don't care either tbh because either way they'll both be answering to somebody else but just be the 'face'.
I think that Sarah Palin has qualities about her too. I think you are not being fair, in fact, you seem to be quite ageist. Fair play you don't agree with Republican values and I don't mean to put you on the spot but what it is that you don't agree with?
what qualities does Palin have seriously?!? This isn't a beauty pageant, it actually saddens me that a woman using soundbites like 'hockey mom' and ' team of mavericks' can be taken remotely seriously as a potential president of the most powerful country in the world when it is so glaringly obvious she is clueless about the key issues.
I think it is brilliant that she has come through. People may say that she does not have many qualities but she is a working class woman; she has a family and has governance experience.Let me tell you something now, I have governance experience and although it is diminutive experience to what she has let me tell you something now, governance really does prepare you to make decisions and take on tough challenges. People are taking the piss out of her and saying that she does not have a clue about what's going on but in all seriousness, I don't think she was prepared and I do not think that she knew she was going to be picked as McCain’s running mate. Economics is not difficult. Although the tabloids are throwing questions at her left right and centre, she has to adapt to McCain’s strategy just as much as her own and she has not had much time to adapt.I think she could lead the United States but I just think because of her past and the media piss taking her all the time, people have already made up their mind about her.End of the day…Democrats = single parents, homosexuals, pro-abortionists, political correctnessRepublicans = Marriage values, Straight partnership, Pro-Life, Freedom of speechI know which one I pick.

Oh right,just curious because I am watching Newsnight on BBC2 and Jeremy Paxton is asking black people why they are voting for Obama to which all replied 'change' but could not elaborate on a definition of 'change'.One black woman just now said that she has never voted and a next black woman said that her kids can finally vote for someone that looks like them.Earlier on in the programme a black man had said that Martin Luther King's vision was coming true as someone would be picked based on their knowledge and their qualities rather then the colour of their skin.. But this still does not seem to be the case. People are voting for Obama based on skin colour and IMO this is just as bad as rednecks voting for a white candidate just because he is white.
Maybe so, but it is human nature to identify with someone who looks like you. Taking it slightly off course, look at white singers who "sing like a black person". They have always faired better than black singers who are better than those imitating. Why you think that is? They are more marketable. Why do you think that is? Exactly, people can identify with them.Him being "young, gifted and black (that's where it's at)" *busses the grandad skank* signifies change in itself because it is something that has never been there before - especially when he is up against some war vet who looks like somebody else controls his limbs. Dude should be rolling in a wheelchair. Just look at the state of him. We (not me) voted Boris in for change and his policies were a bunch of bullshit, so even if you do listen policies, doesnt mean you cant make the same wrong decision. Give the man a chance, f*ck the old man.And I wouldnt give as much of a f*ck, but when John Kerry and the dude before him ran, I wanted to Democrats to win. Bush is out this year regardless.And I somehow believe this Obama is ahead in the polls is going to bring the white folk out in full force.

People seem to neglect the fact that Obama is, in fact, half-white and was brought up by his white mother, not his black family. How do you think his mother feels about him being constantly referred to as a "black" man?If he was a British politician he would be called mixed race (which is what he is), but this is part of the problem in America I guess.Or is it not politically correct to point that out?

Oh right,just curious because I am watching Newsnight on BBC2 and Jeremy Paxton is asking black people why they are voting for Obama to which all replied 'change' but could not elaborate on a definition of 'change'.One black woman just now said that she has never voted and a next black woman said that her kids can finally vote for someone that looks like them.Earlier on in the programme a black man had said that Martin Luther King's vision was coming true as someone would be picked based on their knowledge and their qualities rather then the colour of their skin.. But this still does not seem to be the case. People are voting for Obama based on skin colour and IMO this is just as bad as rednecks voting for a white candidate just because he is white.
Maybe so, but it is human nature to identify with someone who looks like you. Taking it slightly off course, look at white singers who "sing like a black person". They have always faired better than black singers who are better than those imitating. Why you think that is? They are more marketable. Why do you think that is? Exactly, people can identify with them.Him being "young, gifted and black (that's where it's at)" *busses the grandad skank* signifies change in itself because it is something that has never been there before - especially when he is up against some war vet who looks like somebody else controls his limbs. Dude should be rolling in a wheelchair. Just look at the state of him. We (not me) voted Boris in for change and his policies were a bunch of bullshit, so even if you do listen policies, doesnt mean you cant make the same wrong decision. Give the man a chance, f*ck the old man.And I wouldnt give as much of a f*ck, but when John Kerry and the dude before him ran, I wanted to Democrats to win. Bush is out this year regardless.And I somehow believe this Obama is ahead in the polls is going to bring the white folk out in full force.
the same can be said for white people voting for MCcain just because he's white or republicans voting for him because his a repub. the thing most people are forgetting is that a lot of folks feel this election goes beyond just policies, its about a change in direction of america and lets be honest, where america leads the whole world follows.

People seem to neglect the fact that Obama is, in fact, half-white and was brought up by his white mother, not his black family. How do you think his mother feels about him being constantly referred to as a "black" man?If he was a British politician he would be called mixed race (which is what he is), but this is part of the problem in America I guess.Or is it not politically correct to point that out?
[song from the terraces]Are you Ashman in disguise[/]

LOL.Nah, it's just America has this issue with race, where people are just labelled black if they have the slightest bit of colour in their skin. Just always seemed dumb to me. Same way loads of Americans refer to themselves as "Irish" or "Italian" when they've never even been there.

the same can be said for white people voting for MCcain just because he's white or republicans voting for him because his a repub. the thing most people are forgetting is that a lot of folks feel this election goes beyond just policies, its about a change in direction of america and lets be honest, where america leads the whole world follows.
Well this is it. But only if you back McCain you are a 'redneck'.

LOL.Nah, it's just America has this issue with race, where people are just labelled black if they have the slightest bit of colour in their skin. Just always seemed dumb to me. Same way loads of Americans refer to themselves as "Irish" or "Italian" when they've never even been there.
That's the world over. Was Lewis Hamilton announced "First mixed raced to win Formula 1" on BBC1 news yesterday? Was Paul Boateng referred to as mixed race? When Halle Berry won the Oscar...

That's the world over. Was Lewis Hamilton announced "First mixed raced to win Formula 1" on BBC1 news yesterday? Was Paul Boateng referred to as mixed race? When Halle Berry won the Oscar...
was about to say this

It's stupid in my opinion.I mean in an ideal world nobody would even notice skin colour anyway, but I guess it is what it is.

Yeah, or African American.I was born in England, lived here all my life.. My mum's full Irish and my dad is half Welsh and half Prussian BUT that is them.I am English.Why is it so hard to do this? It's not hard.People just want sympathy.

It's stupid in my opinion.I mean in an ideal world nobody would even notice skin colour anyway, but I guess it is what it is.
And thats the thing white people like you and others dont understand. Just because you and the people around you dont conciously judge [hate] by colour, its human nature to group. Either race, weight, creed etc. we all judge based on these things.

And thats the thing white people like you and others dont understand. Just because you and the people around you dont conciously judge [hate] by colour, its human nature to group. Either race, weight, creed etc. we all judge based on these things.
Very true and that's so we can clearly identify things and place things into boxes.What matters is that every box is respected and given the same rights as one another. This does not mean that you should promote your box but just be yourself and make the most out of life.

Very true and that's so we can clearly identify things and place things into boxes.What matters is that every box is respected and given the same rights as one another. This does not mean that you should promote your box but just be yourself and make the most out of life.
I mean in an ideal world