Official US 2008 Presidential Elections Topic...

Guest Flava Dave

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres the the thing about his election...It will give neoconservatives the greatest motivation ever to come out and say racism no longer exists. And while his nomination may symbol great strides in the attitudes of some whites. You only have to look at the states he lost in (and he lost in them pretty heavily) to start questioning things. I want to believe america has changed, but how do you erase a history of racism purely because you voted in a mixed race president. Maybe im being cyncial (or maybe im developing arguments for my dissertation ;-) )
Oh sh*t :lol: forgot that your dissertation could be chopped to pieces with the result. But on reflection it's actually a pretty easy fix - you're saying there's two Americas, and there is, with the election broadly a representation of it (crudely, the half that voted for him, and the half that didn't). Like you say, you can find evidence in the red states, but especially in district-by-district breakdowns imo.. even from within states which went blue. See the patterns in the Dem/Rep districts.. how they cluster, the different economic & demographic situation in those towns & neighborhoods, how gerrymandering reinforces the divisions, etcBut at least now you can conclude with an optimistic tone
LOL @ superstition's name constantly being in these Obama threads.
What the f*ck are you talking about you grumpy codger, I've posted in one Obama thread

jessie jackson wos calling obama a nigger a few weeks back still
Innit
SMH @ some of you lot, seriously.
Defend him then. I heard about it
I don't know, maybe it's just me. But those comments he made about Obama weren't exactly calculated. They weren't comments that were made with some sort of political agenda. It was emotion. Yes, it was coming from a place of envy and what not, but maybe, just MAYBE, seeing Obama become President, after the struggles Jackson went through, moved him deeply.Like I said, this is the man who had MLK's blood on his shirt, and now he sees this milestone in the progression of American society...

Guest DN Braund

f*ck Jesse Jackson x2some bitch niggaif u got sutin to say say it to mans face like a real nigga does dnt wait till u think ur off tvo yeaf*ck FOX NEWSright wing piece of sh*t

Heres the the thing about his election...It will give neoconservatives the greatest motivation ever to come out and say racism no longer exists. And while his nomination may symbol great strides in the attitudes of some whites. You only have to look at the states he lost in (and he lost in them pretty heavily) to start questioning things. I want to believe america has changed, but how do you erase a history of racism purely because you voted in a mixed race president. Maybe im being cyncial (or maybe im developing arguments for my dissertation ;-) )
Oh sh*t :lol: forgot that your dissertation could be chopped to pieces with the result. But on reflection it's actually a pretty easy fix - you're saying there's two Americas, and there is, with the election broadly a representation of it (crudely, the half that voted for him, and the half that didn't). Like you say, you can find evidence in the red states, but especially in district-by-district breakdowns imo.. even from within states which went blue. See the patterns in the Dem/Rep districts.. how they cluster, the different economic & demographic situation in those towns & neighborhoods, how gerrymandering reinforces the divisions, etcBut at least now you can conclude with an optimistic tone
Its cool really, because economically and socially the country is still really two separate societies so will reinforce it through these two areas. politically im going to look at 2001 elections and this one. And also 95% of african americans voted for Obama and 55% of White males or more voted McCain, so there is an argument in that. Just wrote up another rough proposal which im just taking a read over. its missing so much but i have so much other work to do.

And this woman nearly become vice president.Yet this guy smh!
O'Reilly is such a savage c*nt, how you gonna build up Palin and begin to tear her down in less than 3 months?She is a dunce but everyone knew that, nobody would have been mentioning these things had they won.Ralph Nader is actually a smart guy from what I've read up on him but he got it all wrong with that statement, his point was valid but he couldn't have chosen a worse analogy. deaded himself.