Money & Friends

Totty

Anyway my so called bredin of 4 years or so is acting like an idiot. Well I lent this guy £200 in February as he was going through financial difficultites - paying rent/utitlies bills e.t.c, now it's September the guy is pretty much dragging his feet in paying me back the money i lent him. I sent him a text earlier today explaining that I need the money back this week due to certain circumstances, the guy pretty much airs my text message and doesn't call me back or anything. A couple hours later I wind up on his facebook profile, then i look at his status, which reads: "I can't deal with certain heads right now, so just f*ck off"(blatantly talking about me).It's actually sad cos I'm the type of guy that doesn't mind helping people, whether it be financially or whatever, but I just feel sometimes heads just try and take my kindness for some sort of weakness. I don't really want 4 years of friendship to go down the drain due to money, but running to facebook(which is f*ck*ng neeky) to try and send for man is not on. boy i dunno if i should cut this guy off as a friend once i get my money back.Has anyone else been through something similar???

Guest Flava Dave

ppl will say money n friends dnt mix, but it jus depend on what ur like n what their likewith my closest friends i know i could lend one of them a bag n theyd giv bk 2 me wen their good n ready n if they cnt theyd tell man, no duckin the situationu helped man out at a time of need least man can do it say he aint gt it or whateverbt me i love these moments, coz it shows exactly what type of person ur dealing with

money and friends is an ugly look unless yr very tight nhu shud of start reeling that in sooner and sort out some sort of incremental repayment plan if the lump sum is too unrealisticthe guy dont have the money and u kind of put him on the spot suddenly so its not gunna work out ideally rlywether u choose to continue the friendship is yr call but in future dnt lend him money

money and friends is an ugly look unless yr very tight nhu shud of start reeling that in sooner and sort out some sort of incremental repayment plan if the lump sum is too unrealisticthe guy dont have the money and u kind of put him on the spot suddenly so its not gunna work out ideally rlywether u choose to continue the friendship is yr call but in future dnt lend him money
Forgot to mention that he actually spent mad p on some jewelery for his girl a couple weeks ago. The fact of the matter is this guy has had enuff money to pay me back, but is just spending the p elsewhere on needless things.

Forgot to mention that he actually spent mad p on some jewelery for his girl a couple weeks ago. The fact of the matter is this guy has had enuff money to pay me back, but is just spending the p elsewhere on needless things.
well u probly wont get it back as fast as u need it unless u apply some pressure but if the guy doesnt honour his debt to you as a priority its worth considering the value of his friendship http://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/index.php?show...t=0&start=0

I dunno about this, a lot of people say itBut if its me, I wouldnt ask for or expect the money backc/s social though this guy obviously has 0 funds, then you have 'put him on the spot' and he aint got sh*t to give you, not so much that he has KNOW money, but the fact that he is clearly sh*t with it, since in the start he needed to borrow money off of you anywayYou should have foned him though, Im guesisn you text to avoid the awkardness of 'you cool fam? yea yea..im good...so urr...got my money?' n cuz it was only via text he coudl easily air it whereas a call he would have to explain himselfThe female-facebook status is our of order/embarrasing though, for more than one reason n it shows he tryna boy you, if he don't have the money then fair enough but aint no reason to try take you for Mr. Potatohead, though before you ovveract, talk to man on a level, he could be in a semi-serious situation atm and its just bad timing that you need the cash backAlternativelywheres_my_money.jpg

Guest ChoccyLog
This to me is an ultimate disrespect.You need to lay down the law and let him know he's boying it.

tbh my circle of friends are good.if i lend someone money i normally get it back as soon as they're able to raise the funds.plus they don't duck and dive prior, will always let me know if things are tight etc.but there's always that minoroty out there that dont give a damn.my girl leant her friend a couple bags for a deposit on a house.told my girl that she'd pay in installments or pay it all off by a certain date, either way the money would be returned, swiftly.roll on 5 MONTHS the chick still didn't pay back, was avoiding phone calls, asking her mum to lie for her and what not.i nearly got involved but thankfully the girl saw sense and returned the money........through PAYPAL.... lol some joke ting.

I've been in pretty much the same situation before. Almost lost 2 bredrins because of it.Lent them both money, and because we were boys I neevr pressured them into giving me back the money soon. They proceeded to drag their feet and always seem to no have money. Last straw was when I found out they had both bought 2 cars on different occasions together yet hadn't even cleared the money I was owed. Then I got a letter from Student Loans Company saying I owed them £300 and they were sending bailiffs to collect it, so when I bumped into these guys I snapped and was talking to them vex. Can you believe they had the cheek to say "So that's what it is yeah? Money over your boys?!". I got the money back from one of them, but the other went to jail before I got it back. I talked to them man and showed them it's never money over boys, but they took the piss and we were cool, but it isn't like it was before.I learnt from then and there and a few other situations with lending friends money that it's not worth it unless they are paying it back within a week without question. They don't suffer when you end up in problems. I never lend friends money anymore. They need to learn to be better with it.

ppl will say money n friends dnt mix, but it jus depend on what ur like n what their likewith my closest friends i know i could lend one of them a bag n theyd giv bk 2 me wen their good n ready n if they cnt theyd tell man, no duckin the situationu helped man out at a time of need least man can do it say he aint gt it or whateverbt me i love these moments, coz it shows exactly what type of person ur dealing with
Co-sign all.citizenkane.gif

sh*t like dis pisses me off.I hate these cunts, made the mistake of lending an EX good friend of mine some p, took man MONTHS to get it back. Dont av it, bareface harass him till he pays it back. Sending on facebook = LMFAO, them pussyoles indirects.You lent him that in good faith, trying to help out your boy and this how he repays you.Straight cut him off aswell once you get the money back, dont need waste like this surrounding you. Like dave said, times like this show you how some man really go on, so look at it as a blessing in disguise and cut that motherf*cker straight off.

c/s