Pressure From Parents??

spiderman

i dont think my parents are thaat bad (cos i aint exactly a wayward offspring) but sometimes i feel like their pressuring me a bit. thinking i shud be this and that/i aint doin enuff in certain areas. really pisses me off cos sometimes i feel like their overacting, as if im some kind of failure. really used to get me fired up and cause arguements but these days i just try to discuss it rather than have a shouting match. nt really a constant problem but sumtimes its der.does anyone else feel like their parents pressure them at all in any areas of their lives?

our personalitys totally clash.i could deal with the pressure though, it's when they start talking about / comparing you to your friends that would get me pissed off.
ye this is how i mean, sort of offend u in that sense. rather then positive critiscim it comes off as they aint content with you.what makes it worse is wen u cant even discuss the matter cos they always think ur wrong and never wanna see things from ur side. makes it impossible to avoid an arguement sometimes.

been gettin pressured for the whole of the last 3weeks becos i stoped going 2 college and i anit going backi've already done a 2 year course all completed but this was a new course i was onnow i work part time..... 3 or 4 days a week and i said i wna work part time for another year or until i get my own placewant me 2 either go back on my course or work full timeim doing what i wna do tho

it's when they start talking about / comparing you to your friends that would get me pissed off.
I hated that so much. They stopped when they saw how some of these friends turned out.I've never really been pressured by the 'rents tbh, although my mum tries to make me be a certain a way (like outspoken and extroverted because I'm too reserved). I know she means well and she's doing it for my own good but I can't really change that because it's just not me.

bein the smarter of the siblings + being the youngest does me good still
but they used to pressure me into getting a job. Rightfully so tho, coz I look back now and realise I was a bum and if I was in there position I'da done the same thing. My parents dont really know how much I appreciate them. Shame really 'cause you never know whats around the corner.

it just feels annoying cos im well happy at the moment in life, with who i am and what i do and how i live etc etc....so why cant they be content and why do they feel the need to pressure me. i know they mean well and i appreciate their ideas but theirs only so much pushin u can do, some things seem unreasonable.im just being me at aged 20. aslong as ders nuffin shockingly wrong there shud be nothing wrong with that. we are who we are, and its normal that kids wont meet ALL of parents ideals, we aint perfect to their vision. just gotta accept that, its life.

it just feels annoying cos im well happy at the moment in life, with who i am and what i do and how i live etc etc....so why cant they be content and why do they feel the need to pressure me. i know they mean well and i appreciate their ideas but theirs only so much pushin u can do, some things seem unreasonable.im just being me at aged 20. aslong as ders nuffin shockingly wrong there shud be nothing wrong with that. we are who we are, and its normal that kids wont meet ALL of parents ideals, we aint perfect to their vision. just gotta accept that, its life.
They only want the best for you. If they left you to your own devices and you went the wrong way you'd be bawlin in 20years time when your in and out of rehab or your life is a shambles saying if only.Just take it on the chin

nearly everydaythats why more time when im when im at home i dont leave my room
ye im in my room bare but lol @ how that becomes an issue aswell.i aint avoiding my parents by being der so much or doing it cos i wanna be antisocial or find sum escape from reality or any bullshit like that...but they feel the need to nag and say its wierd and its loserish etc.

They only want the best for you. If they left you to your own devices and you went the wrong way you'd be bawlin in 20years time when your in and out of rehab or your life is a shambles saying if only.Just take it on the chin
lol ye i understand that bit and where their coming from, just dnt agree with their methods. proper brings me down wen normally im pretty content and happy go lucky. sometimes i almost resent that they bring down my positive buzz on life wen they do that.still i do make a bit of effort. i filter out the crap and consider what their sayin and do TRY to listen rather than completely block what their sayin out, but still they dnt really acknowledge that, ill only hear if i do wrong, not if i do any right lol.

nearly everydaythats why more time when im when im at home i dont leave my room
ye im in my room bare but lol @ how that becomes an issue aswell.
im in the same boat as you fam
lol same here. Only time I really come out of my room is when I wanna watch summin on sky cos i dont have it in my room or for food lol. Always telling ive wasted my life cos i took a gap year. Telling me to get a full time job (even when I have a part time one) & as soon as they speak to someone else's parents thats all i get for the next month "well *insert name here* is doing this with their life" "or you could have been doing what *insert name again* is doing if you stuck it it" blah blah