DS Lite Gets a new design

Questionmark

Checking my email and i see this in the news section... kinda funny since i was readin lots of rumours about this:TOKYO (AFP) - Japanese video game giant Nintendo Co. said Thursday it will launch a new version of its popular DS handheld console with a built-in camera and audio player next month.(Advertisement)The new console will have a similar design to the DS Lite, but will be slimmer and have slightly larger screens, Nintendo president and chief executive Satoru Iwata told a press conference.The dual-screen machine will go on sale in Japan from November 1 with a price tag of 18,900 yen (178 dollars), followed by launches in overseas markets some time next year."We want everyone to have their own individual machine," said Iwata."For those households who already have a DS that they share among family members, I want them to have one for each member."Nintendo has long dominated the market for handheld machines with its Game Boy and DS series.It has sold more than 20 million DS consoles in Japan alone since the series was launched about three years ago, helped by the popularity of "brain-training" and other games aimed at broadening its appeal.The Kyoto-based company is also now enjoying strong sales of its Wii home video game console, which is known for its innovative motion-sensitive controller and is aimed at people who normally would not play video games.Also announced was a new Mario & Luigi RPG and a new Wario Gamehttp://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference20...mov/ds.html?n10

medium_2906363625_a0ea07d289_o.jpgmedium_2906363567_09efc3e647_o.jpgdsi_close.gifdsi_box.gifScreen-Size-Comparison.jpg
During the Nintendo Fall Press Conference earlier today, all company president Satoru Iwata could offer on the state of the DSi's global rollout was that it'd leave Japan "sometime" in 2009. Fortunately, Nintendo of Europe are a little more forthcoming, telling GI.biz that they're aiming to have the handheld ready to launch in Spring 2009. Note they say "aiming", which in conjunction with it being NoE is far from confirmation of a concrete release, but a target date's better than no date at all.