Bashy Reviews Ironik's Album

Rhymer-2

mesimonupwest021sv5.jpgRight what I am about to say is very truthful. I am very honest when it comes to this kinda stuff; if I think its good I’ll say its good, If I think its sh*t, I’ll say it’s sh*t! As I am also an artist I don’t want anyone to think that I’m hating on this guy cos away from the music he’s a cool brudda but I’m judging the album & this album is poor, very poor!I was actually hoping I’d be suprised but Ironik has failed to do that & not just him but his A&R has not delivered a well rounded product!I was half asleep listening to it & then had to wake myself up, start it again n make sure my ears wern’t decieving me.I am very shocked at the fact his A&R has released an album with 18 tracks all about Ironik loving, falling for or missing a girl! (Excluding one which is about his mum, which is the only track I won’t really take apart because of the subject matter, but I will say this, he should have made more of an effort on it; when I make a tracks for my mum there is no room for errors of half-heartedness) There is no depth in this album whatsoever. I think albums should take the listener on a journey but this does no such thing, instead it stays on the same page from beginning to end. The lyrics are terrible & he finds himself not rhyming at times, on top of that using the same word to rhyme is not really a rhyme & anyone can do it! I can’t even be bothered to quote something!Ironik doesn’t deserve talented features such as Ghetto, Chippy, Ny, Wiley & Stryder nor should they tarnish their perfected art which they have worked at for years. Bless Beats is a producer so giving people with a deal; material, pays so I understand his hustle.Having Elton John on an album should mean you have crossed over & be in Westlife world ’Flying without Wings’. If Dizzee, Sway or myself had that feature we would be out of this world! But he fails to impress on this also!R&B Albums don’t even have this many songs about love!Maybe girls up & down the country will like but that is a MASSIVE maybe! I think every guy will think what I think.It’s sad that labels choose to sign these kind of artists over an artist with depth & something to say (n i’m not talking just me here, there are many others). One thing pissed me off today. Wretch phoned me & said he read in the paper that a journalist wrote Ironik’s track ‘Stay with Me’ was the biggest anti violence tune of the year….Get out of here, which f*ck*ng part!?In a time when there is nuff sh*t going on in the streets & the world we don’t need albums like this!I always support UK music but I feel like I’ve wasted a tenner! My hard earned bumbaclart £10! Pissed!Oh yeah I do like one track on the album by Digga called Broken! The best track on it! (I think Ironik is presenting a new artist)http://itsbashy.wordpress.com/2008/10/02/i...tears-bashview/
Not even gonna waste my time downloading this album

Bashy is my artist. I like that guyBut Ironik probably doesnt care

Traditionally Grime has been made with male audience in mind. From what I`ve heard girls are in love with your songs but the males aren’t as impressed. Does this bother you at all?“Not really, because the girls are the ones that are gonna be buying the music in the long run, and wherever there are girls, there are guys. If I’m doing a concert, all the guys are gonna know that it’s full up with girls, so they are gonna come.”Do you think that is the key to your success then?“Yeah. The ladies market is definitely bigger than the guys market. I don’t even initially make music for the girls, I just make music. If you wanna listen to it you can. ‘Stay With Me’ is a track where anyone can listen to it. I know there are guys out there who have lost their brother’s or their good friends.“You can definitely hear the message in there, so my album will have loads of different type of music on there. I’m gonna have features from lots of people in the Grime scene, for example Chipmunk and Wiley are on the ‘Stay With Me’ remix and we done that for a reason, so that their market can come into it and hear that its not just me sending out a message, it’s people in your own scene sending out that message.”
http://www.pyroradio.com/index.cfm/act/int...w_details/id/61What a joker. I'll never forget this quote

Nice to hear an artist actually say it out loud that Ironik is sh*t. This musta been Wednesday, saw him come into my store with the same jacket on lol.
he had the same jacket on when he was on westwood about a month agomehjackets hard though not even gonna lie

Traditionally Grime has been made with male audience in mind. From what I`ve heard girls are in love with your songs but the males aren’t as impressed. Does this bother you at all?“Not really, because the girls are the ones that are gonna be buying the music in the long run, and wherever there are girls, there are guys. If I’m doing a concert, all the guys are gonna know that it’s full up with girls, so they are gonna come.”
Lol @ thinking guys are gonna go to an Ironik concert to link chicks please say no-one is that desperate? Maybe stand outside to guage them homos inside and chirpse chicks after.25 bumbaclart pounds wasted to hear that weasel and his generic tunes oiiiii nahh

I was afraid Ironik's CD would just be Stay with Me x 23 tracks I am interested to hear Digga's track, he's a real talent IMO Big up BashyAlso the Ironik track about his mum, what's the chances his mum forced him to do that? I'm told his mum has a very large emotional investment in his career so it wouldn't surprise me