What Got You Into Grime

Numero001

Simple really, what made you like grime?State events or the first time you realised Grime was the one for you. Names of Producers, beats or artists you practically worshipped at the time.Post vids of tunes to help jog memories.Whatever you feel like, just what got you into GrimeIf this has been done, lock and delete

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Flava Dave

my boy played me a nasty crew set on Deja went i went 2 his back late 2001jus loved the rawness n the fact that it was our own version of hip hop n it was jus hypeang tight Kalim each n every

followed garage till the endfelt fully depressed wen PAUG splitden my bredrin said listen to this - Roll Deep @ Sidewinder, think it was jus Wiley, DIzzee & Flow Dan (cant really remember), sh*t was on loop for a week (them times wen a set consisted of 5 different versions of Pulse X, 5 different versions of Eskimo, 5 different versions of Go/Ho, I luv U and that Jon E Cash tune that got remixed ten times as well)den i got one 2002/3 Roll Deep set, heard SALT BEEF like two or three tunes inDAT sh*t WAS A WRAP

natural progression from the dark garage scene zed bias el b pay as u go so solid slimzee etc
ye DARK GARAGE was wot i was into coming off the end of garage's peak as mainstream were milkin and morphing the lighter side. production on the darker side soon got more focus and more of a push then it was just a progression.grime just came into that, but the dark sound was around for a while. whatever way grime went after that, the prefrence for me was always the dark garage sound which reflects the rise and fall of my intrest in grime. i was always on hip hop from early so there was a time where i was backin the progression of grime into that whole mixtape phase but i liked the whole dark garage thing more and seein that almost vanish from grime was definately a hard hit and over time it outweighed the appreciation i had for the hip hop emulation.

just followed it from garage really, hearing pulse x for the first time, then pulse y, then pandora's box, it was so simple yet energetic, with nice bass, slimzee tapes with ppl like maxwell d, wiley, dogzilla swear even doogz as well. Turning Jon E Cash- War up full when everyone else was bumping sum swag pop-hip hop and getting bare :huh: faces.