What Got You Into Grime

Numero001

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez not to forget the whole routine of going down to Uptown, asking for all the new bits/ asking for a tune you'd heard on radio, playing them, deciding which you'd get, purchasing, grabbing a copy of RWD and heading home ASAP to mix every single tune you bought with the other ones until all possible mixes were done, then adding them to the rest.Oh yeh, going to independance, that was a big deal, site was like a alladins cave, youth club days everyone would go on, mc's would spit to the clips. The day i actually went to the shop, lmao @ me like "wheres the rest of it" always assumed it was big because of the selection on the site.Those were the f*ck*ng days. I miss this man, i really do.

Moved down from up north late 02. I remember the exact f*ckin moment, driving round in my cousin's shitty Nova, flicking through radio and picking up a pirate at 96ish. Swear i almost pulled the car over, had no idea what was going on in truth.I feel like I missed out on TOO much by not being around people who were into this music to be frank. Remember trying to get my cousin and his boys to come to Eskimo Dance and them giving me looks like I just wanked off a dog. Got them to come round still.