When Managers Go Mad

Captain Planet

When Managers Go Mad: the top 10 foul-mouthed outbursts from football bossesJoe Kinnear’s attempt to make friends with the Newcastle media went drastically wrong on Thursday as the interim manager turned a press conference into a foul-mouthed rant. But it’s far from the first time a boss has lost it - as our top 10 proves:10) Fergie v The Man From SkyAfter a typically theatrical tumble from Cristiano Ronaldo helped beat his team in December 2006, Middlesbrough’s Gareth Southgate labelled the winger a serial diver. Ronaldo, naturally disagreed.But when Sky’s Geoff Shreeves asked his manager for his views, all hell broke loose. Here’s a transcript:Shreeves: I asked him…Ferguson: F***ing (inaudible) bastard.Shreeves: Don’t talk to me like that.Ferguson: F**k off to you.Shreeves: Don’t talk to me like that. Don’t even think about it.Ferguson: Don’t you think about it, you ****. F**k off. Right?Shreeves: Listen, are you going to do the interview in a professional manner or not? Do you want to do it or not?Ferguson: You f*****g be professional. You be professional. You’re the one.Shreeves: I’m entitled to ask… Cristiano gave the right answer.Ferguson: F***ing hell with your answers.Shreeves: Don’t talk to me like that. Go away. If you want to behave civilly, fine. Don’t talk to me like that.Ferguson: F**k off. (door slams)9) Graham Taylor v Rob ShepherdIt was worth England missing out on the 1994 World Cup finals just to see The Impossible Job, the peerless document of Graham Taylor’s ridiculous, doomed campaign. The Turnip’s rant at that linesman inn the fateful Holland match is famous. But this restrained tirade at Today hack Rob Shepherd (now at the News Of The World) is even better.8) Brian Clough v Elton WelsbyHaving recently fallen foul of the great man, ITV man Elton Welsby decided to tread carefully when he was sent to cover Brian Clough’s Nottingham Forest in one of ITV’s live games of the late 1980s.Doing a live piece to camera following the match, Welsby must have been a relieved man when he heard the familiar nasal tones over his shoulder. “Young Welsby,” Clough announced. “Shithouse.” Then he walked off.7) Giovanni Trapattoni v Bayern MunichQuite magnificent work as the future Ireland manager coats his complaining players.6) Kevin Keegan v sanityGo on, it’s worth just one more look…5) Harry Redknapp doesn’t like being hit with a football…And so is this other all-time classic.4) Fergie defends VeronQuestions about a reported airport bust-up between Juan Sebastian Veron and Manchester United team-mates following their 2003 Champions League semi-final exit at Bayer Leverkusen didn’t go down well with Sir Alex Ferguson."People are always going on about f****** Veron. You tell me, what's wrong with Veron?" fumed Fergie."What's this thing about fights and all the rest of this s***? It's absolute nonsense, you know it's nonsense. Absolute lies. On you go. I'm no f****** talking to you. He's a f****** great player. Yous are f****** idiots."3) Giovanni Trapattoni v the Austrian pressNo video this time but luckily we have a translation of coach Trap losing it while at Red Bull Salzburg."Our training is strong," he begins."Is modern. Training wins also. I have 21 trophies. There is blah, blah, blah from you. Fools write who know nothing. Blah, blah, blah, blah."I can understand people paying. No problayma. Let whistle. Is right. Have lost. But run 90 minutes! I am a professional in psychology. We train, make fitness. You people always make qua, qua, qua. sh*t fools!"2) Neil Warnock v the TerriersIt’s halftime in a 1995 match between Shrewsbury and Huddersfield Town, managed by one Neil Warnock. The young manager calms down with a cup of tea in the showers, takes off his sweatshirt and launches into a fearful monstering of his team which includes the classic phrase “You’re in f***ing Latvia!”1) “And you can bring your dinner!”managerial meltdowns don’t come finer than this sensational half-time outburst from Leyton Orient boss John Sitton, during which he sacks a friend, challenges other players to a fight and issues a memorable threat…

Almost pPointless posting this when half of them are referring to vids you haven't posted.