This was sick back in the day ALSO 90s garms was nuts.

ReZiW

Richard had tv on smash back den. UK Will Smith they said, multi millionaire by the time hes was 30 they said, platinum selling 'rapper' they said... they were wrong. Wheres the video for that tune he did called 1,2,3,4 get with the wicked.. aint seen the video from the time I see a 10 second clip on tvoh yh, Singled Out was sick. Garms was nutsFAO Davicious and the other old cunts: What have u done with your 80s, 90s garms?

oooh shiiiitthe black girl on the 2nd vid - 1:26 = u kno she spent hours gettin that look. the other girls aint got sh*t on her style game LMAO, sum age 7-8 tank top that doesnt really fit, sum trackies n beat up hi tek crepz = gota love it the days when wat u wore didnt actualy matter even if u was on tv

RB still got his ChoiceFm Radio show on Sundays. He had a few problems when he went bankrupt a few years back. I remember this dating show back in the day when Channel 5 was young. When Blackwood would always be like "you gotta go"edit: his wikipedia entry reads like someone that should commit suicide

aint even gonna liei cannot wait for the 90s parties to kick in next decadei'm a have the game on lockblue suede naf naf jacket, chipie tee, bleu bolts with the tightened turn ups, nike air max 95s no socks no lacesTRUSSSSSS
dont forget to rock some curtains and a BIG gold hoop earring, wicked.
u knoooomight even have to buss out the john lennon sun glasses and maracas

aint even gonna liei cannot wait for the 90s parties to kick in next decadei'm a have the game on lockblue suede naf naf jacket, chipie tee, bleu bolts with the tightened turn ups, nike air max 95s no socks no lacesTRUSSSSSS
dont forget to rock some curtains and a BIG gold hoop earring, wicked.
u knoooomight even have to buss out the john lennon sun glasses and maracas
nah f*ck thatthe glasses with the flip shadesand one of them colourful spike lee tees

90's garms were sh*t unless you were rocking football t's, there was nothing good about wearing a spliffy jacket in all honesty
Dont forget the Karl Kani man... lolClick suits.Bullet hole jeans.ragga bootsStep haircuts.diamond socks... (reversed if ur ghetto)Basketball team jackets Michigan etc...Raiders hoody tops and caps.

Yes I know its been done many times but to counter that thread about urban music flopping, this is to celebrate the time before being in the news solely for crime and gangs all the time and before being classed as "hoodies". When all things urban sold and were considered cool.The days when if a girl was loose you called her a jezzy, if a man got robbed you said he got striped, if something was rubbish you said it was boog/bleeding, if a girl was nice you called her fit/tick, if someone was built you called them henny, shinaton meant headers...Richard Blackwood was quite literally the man, had very popular shows on MTV and Channel 4. Definitely benefitted from urban being cool, like how Russel Brand has benefitted from tight up clothes being cool.Nickelodeon showed urban programs like Sister Sister, Keenan and Kel and Moesha at peak times etc.Adidas Galaxy were top kicks at one point, as were Nike Cortez and the top boys had 110s in different colours (yes Stabilo top boys wore TNs once upon a time)The UK urban music was of a good quality in RnB and there was the emerging scene called garage. This time period spawned both 1Xtra and MTV Base, MOBOs were good back then and generally it was a good time to be an urban youth in the UK. The gangs werent that bad back then (well not in my ends), it was secondary school times, experimenting with gal and learning a lot about life generallyThis is the thread to put up pics of fashonable items/kicks/garms, youtube clips of shows and music and post general memories have when it was cool to be urban. This initial post will just show the videos of songs that did well in chartsRichard Blackwood - Mama Who Da Man (produced by little known producers from Sweden called Stargate that you know hear at least three times an hour on radio or TV with Rhianna, Neyo, Mario or Beyonce laying their vocals over tracks)Damage - Ghetto RomanceAnother Level feat TQ - SummertimeHoneyz - End Of The Line (choongest UK RnB group ever?)Artful Dodger - Moving Too FastI repeat I know its been done before but I'm in the mood for reminiscing and so should you (and those who are on my MSN will be able to guess why, but the tune is big so I'm listening to it)
My opening post's were good back then, boy.