C.Ronaldo

Davicious X

Ronaldo earns FifPro awardUnited ace named World Footballer of Year by peersBy Rob Parrish and Lucas Brown Last updated: 27th October 2008 Ronaldo: FifPro award winnerRelated linksTeamsManchester UnitedPlayersCristiano RonaldoAlso seeFive Prem stars in FifPro XI Ronaldo - I deserve awards Photos Manchester United midfielder Cristiano Ronaldo has been named the 2008 FifPro World Footballer of the Year. The Portugal international was integral to the Red Devils' success last season, scoring 42 goals in all competitions as the Old Trafford outfit lifted the Premier League and UEFA Champions League trophies.FifPro is the world-wide umbrella organisation for all professional footballers, with players from more than 40 associations involved in the voting process.Ronaldo was part of the FifPro XI and held off the likes of Lionel Messi, Fernando Torres, Xavi and United team-mate Rio Ferdinand to claim the individual accolade.Fellow Premier League stars John Terry and Steven Gerrard were also voted into the all-star XI by their colleagues.AmazingThe prodigiously gifted ace was part of the 2007 FifPro team, but missed out on the main award as AC Milan's Brazil international Kaka took the honour.He told the FifPro official website: "To be recognised by my fellow professional players worldwide coming from over 50,000 players is amazing."I would like to thank my team-mates and coaches and everyone involved at Manchester United and the national team, as well as my family and friends for their support."Thank you also to FifPro for this award and for your work in protecting the interests and welfare of players around the world."Ronaldo is among the leading contenders for the Ballon d'Or and Fifa World Player of the Year awards, and has already stated he feels he 'deserves' both honours.

beat me to itengland and spain reppin hard (even though england did not qualify for the euros but had around 8 players in the eruopean cup final)FifPro World XI: Goalkeeper: Iker Casillas (Spain/Real Madrid) Defenders: Sergio Ramos (Spain/Real Madrid); John Terry (England/Chelsea); Carles Puyol (Spain/ Barcelona); Rio Ferdinand (England/Manchester United) Midfielders: Steven Gerrard (England/Liverpool); Xavi (Spain/Barcelona); Kaka (Brazil/AC Milan). Forwards: Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona); Fernando Torres (Spain/Liverpool); Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Manchester United)

Done told man from early Sergio Ramos best RB in the world.Iker is THAT goalkeeperRio best CBRonaldo best player of all timePissed for Villa that Valencia had a shite season last year oterwise he would be therewhy would any smh @ that team, apart from propbably John Terry being thereEdit - And Gerrard ahead of Iniesta???