RAM

Captain Planet

Please don't move this til' I get at least a few decent replies, thankyou.I've got a Dell Dimension 4500 with 2Ghz processor power but only 256MB of RAM.I need to upgrade that sh*t If I want to do my music technology coursework on it and also if I want to play FM09 (They've released the specs, demo is out Sunday AM).How much is about 1 gig of RAM these days?Also can someone tell me what happens if I exceed my 1gig limit of RAM cos I've got 2 slots ant I want to put 512 in each if it's cheaper.

Since you have a dell you will need to buy dell RAM, which is slightly more expensive.

Since you have a dell you will need to buy dell RAM, which is slightly more expensive.
Yh this looks promising however...http://www.offtek.co.uk/product.php?manuna...medium=GoogleDF
Get a 1 gig module or 2 512mb modules.Llow pushing anything less than a gig at the moment.

Guest Swiftie
Not entirely necessary, if he grabs DDR PC-2100 from Kingston he'll be aight.& his PC can support upto 2GB so two banks of 1GB and the mobo is fully maxed

Guest Swiftie
My only fear is if the difference between 1 gig and 2 is actually visible when running apps.Anybody think PC world will shot some good stuff btw ordering online is longgg.
Well you might notice an increase of speed but it wont be immense.If you do go PC World just ask for DDR-266 otherwise known as PC 2100.Make sure they don't sell you DDR2

Guest Swiftie
cant you just buy external hardrive for £60thats like 600 gb
LOLWTFVista can use ReadyBoost enabled flash drives to increase RAM though FYI
Be slightly worried if he was running Vista on 256MB tbh..

cant you just buy external hardrive for £60thats like 600 gb
LOLWTFVista can use ReadyBoost enabled flash drives to increase RAM though FYI
Be slightly worried if he was running Vista on 256MB tbh..
init it must be f*ck*ng slow im feeling to upgrade my ram myself i got a 256 an a Hp computer