Semi Untethered Jailbreak now available

News

Jailbreak iOS 5

Jailbreak 4.3.5

Jailbreak Downloads

Jailbreak 5.0 Video

Semi Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak Now Available Through Cydia

Freddy October 22, 2011 60

Repo owner BigBoss has just released a package into Cydia which allows the user to have a semi tethered jailbreak, removing some of the dangers of a tethered jailbreak. This means that if you run out of power, or if the device shuts down for any other reason, your device will be able to reboot with limited functionality. When you reboot semi-tethered, both Safari and Mail will be disabled, along with any other jailbreak apps or tweaks you have installed. Below is a tutorial on how to semi untether your iOS 5 device.

1. Jailbreak your iOS 5 device using Redsn0w’s tethered jailbreak and boot tethered.

2. Navigate to the Sources menu in Cydia, and add the source: “http://thebigboss.org/semitether”.

3. Open the source, and there should be one package titled “SemiTethered”.

4. Install the package and reboot your device.

5. Your device is now in a semi tethered state, and you will have to boot tethered using Redsn0w so use the disabled features.

• Upvote 1

im thinking to do a tethered jailbreak.

anyone else on tethered?

yeh my i4 is tethered jailbreak, i cant actually live without tthe tweaks i use, iphone is dry imo without them.

trust, just the little things such as notification icons in the status bar improve the phone x10

yeh im running tethered, safe for the semi tethered info

sbsettings and manual correct are must haves, and mywi, and my3g,

iphone >

ios5 is sick

no more annoying text popping up in the middle of the screen and u have to press cancel

that swipe down thingy with all the notifications >>>

just straight update

but you will lose errrting. (all jailbroke shit)

i've always had my iphones jailbroken from day one, ever since i got my first iphone I jailbroked straight away.

but now im running IOS5 on my white iphone4, and I dont feel to jailbreak anymore. most apps are only 69p, and I dont use that many either.

just straight update

i've always had my iphones jailbroken from day one, ever since i got my first iphone I jailbroked straight away.

but now im running IOS5 on my white iphone4, and I dont feel to jailbreak anymore. most apps are only 69p, and I dont use that many either.

yep yep

i jailbroke my iphone and it was tethered i thght fuck this shit and unjailbroke

long ting having to reboot your fone from ur pc just to have some apps that are generally under 2 quid

just straight update

even music? pictures?

Not gonna update in that case as the music on my iphone is not on this laptop, it's at home and i'm abroad so can't even back it up... can i?

just straight update

even music? pictures?

Not gonna update in that case as the music on my iphone is not on this laptop, it's at home and i'm abroad so can't even back it up... can i?

just straight update

even music? pictures?

yeah i dont think you will be able to sync properly because all your photos and music isn't on your current computer.

but give it a go, just try to back it up.

but when you properly back it up and update it, you DEFO don't lose your photos or music. Only Cydia, all your jailbroken apps, and any tweeks.

but theres no untethered jailbreak at the moment for ios5, so I personally wouldn't bother.

by the way I tried SO MANY times to downgrade from ios5, but apple was not having it. They don't sign the previous firmwares anymore, so when you try to downgrade it, it always says "Error 3159".