iPhone

Mr. Gayle

anyone kno wat files play on the iphone and how i convert movies i got now ?
Videora FTW.When is the new iPhone coming out (I'm hearing June/July)? Is it a new one or is it simply a new version you can update to?
hurd june too http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7949557.stm
While the demonstrated features will give the iPhone more utility, they weren’t fantastically innovative. The major announcements were for features that owners clamored for since the iPhone made its debut.Among the thank-heaven-they-got-around-to-it features is a landscape keyboard, which makes the virtual keyboard larger in every key application, like search, messaging and notes.Another longed-for feature, cut-and-paste, will be added. The feature will let users highlight text with a tap, drag it, deselect it by shaking the phone, or to copy and paste it into another application. So now you can highlight a link in Safari and paste it in an e-mail message. And as of the update, notes made on the iPhone will sync with the desktop computer, whether Mac or PC.In addition, much-awaited push notification will be available, so developers can send alerts with sounds, text or a badge on the application in the main menu.MMS will be added, which means that photos, contacts and audio files can be sent with the messages application.Later-model (read: 3G) phones will also have stereo Bluetooth after the software update, which allows for wireless stereo headsets to connect to the iPhone and the iPod Touch.A little more exciting is the addition of peer-to-peer Bluetooth connections, meaning there will be head-to-head gaming, and for people who missed beaming a virtual business card from your old Palm, this is almost certain to add that capability.An improved search function will scan across all core applications, making it easier to find if that phrase you are trying to recall came from mail, notes or messages.Although these features are great additions, it has to be said that many are already available on other phone operating systems.Developers might be a little more excited because new ways for them to charge for services are being added to the phones.One is subscription services, which will let developers set up recurring charges through the Apps Store. Another is the ability to charge for software add-ons. For instance, Sims players can buy a virtual stereo that will play your iTunes library within the game.The developer beta is available today, so prepare for apps that want to up-charge you when you get your free update this summer.

Haven't really read the thread btw, but1. I've heard it will be better off purchasing the iPhone, if you don't already have it, next year. (Compatability issues... But I'll be buying regardless).2. There's about 3 new iPhones that are being released. The iPhone nano, the other is a bump up to 32GB (I think due to HD), and the last directed for India/China. 3. Copy and Paste FTW4. Also heard about the matte casing like Supreme said. Very nice. Would personally prefer 32GB. (Regularly having to remove soo many photos/music with 16). Although the iPhone nano will be significantly cheaper.................

Haven't really read the thread btw, but1. I've heard it will be better off purchasing the iPhone, if you don't already have it, next year. (Compatability issues... But I'll be buying regardless).2. There's about 3 new iPhones that are being released. The iPhone nano, the other is a bump up to 32GB (I think due to HD), and the last directed for India/China. 3. Copy and Paste FTW4. Also heard about the matte casing like Supreme said. Very nice. Would personally prefer 32GB. (Regularly having to remove soo many photos/music with 16). Although the iPhone nano will be significantly cheaper.................
i was thinkin to wait a while too. but even if u do wait, give it a few months then somthing will change or a new one will come out again, its apple. they bring sh*t out all the time......im not too bothered about the size cos im not gona put all my music and sh*t on it. cos then i dont think they even make a ipod now that could cover that amount of sh*t. the matte cover would be nice tho so no marks n that...but oh well.... f*ck it. the amount of researching i have done this weekend about the new one....to save me wasting money now... hasnt really changed my mind.. all the new sh*t will be changed on the update in summer...im on it.. end the month. im sold.

Most of those features are down to the new OSI payed for an apple developer membership so I could download the new OS on my iPhone yday but I don't know how to install it on the phone
lol. not needed.download the OS, probs be on warez-bb or something.open up itunes.where it says restore, hold shift and click it.a navigation box will appear.locate the os, it shud be in ipsw format, so if u downloaded it in a rar, extract it.double click it, it will install.

I'm on 2.2 with the old 2.1 baseband preserved.But I have been told that to unlock I need to have the new baseband.Slightly confused I am.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-likel...e-june-8-2009-3Apple (AAPL) will probably show off its next iPhone on June 8.That's the first day of Apple's 2009 Worldwide Developers Conference, which is when we expect the company to unveil its new iPhone and show off the final version of its iPhone 3.0 software.More important: Will Apple CEO Steve Jobs present -- or at least make an appearance -- at WWDC? His medical leave is not scheduled to end until "late June," so maybe not. But we wouldn't be surprised if Steve made a cameo, either to show off the new iPhone or to announce that he was retiring as CEO.WWDC will take place June 8-12 at the Moscone West expo hall in San Francisco. Assuming Apple's new product keynote is on Monday -- same as last year -- that's June 8 that the company will probably show off the new phone.As with last year, there is no guarantee the phone will ship on June 8. It's possible Apple won't start shipping new phones for several days or weeks. Last year, there was a four-plus-week gap between the iPhone 3G announcement and its first day of sales.We don't expect a radical new phone with a significantly different design or feature set. Rumored new features include faster graphics and Internet capabilities and video recording. It's possible Apple will cut the price on the current iPhone 3G to $99, with the new phone taking over as Apple's high-end offering.

was talking to someone earlier about him having had the first iphone then when the 3g one came out he (i think) was able to upgrade pretty much straight away even though his contract wasnt at its upgrade date yet. did anyone else do this ? he didnt explain much so i dont know much about it. were people able to just upgrade to the 3g iphone without their contract being up yet ? if so was there a set amount of time they had to have been on the contract for the first iphone before they could upgrade to the 3g one ?

was talking to someone earlier about him having had the first iphone then when the 3g one came out he (i think) was able to upgrade pretty much straight away even though his contract wasnt at its upgrade date yet. did anyone else do this ? he didnt explain much so i dont know much about it. were people able to just upgrade to the 3g iphone without their contract being up yet ? if so was there a set amount of time they had to have been on the contract for the first iphone before they could upgrade to the 3g one ?
I didnt do it but yeah they were offering upgrades. If you were on thr £45 a month or higher tariff, you could get a free 8gig or pay for the 16gig.The catch is you have to start a fresh 18 month contract.