Elzhi new album - The Preface

Em Dott

Has anyone heard this yet?I had a quick skim over and I look forward to taking a long extensive lsiten.I never worry about Elzhi not delivering with rapping. Beats sound on point as a good amount of sounds like Black Milk beats.A few tracks from Euro Pass are on there as well.

I feel since detroit deli elzhis flipped his style and sounds like a poor mans royce; however i will check this out cause back in them cess villa times i thought he was grimey
WHAT?!That's blasphemy.Elzhi is one of the sickest rappers skillwise and has been for a good while. I don't see him slipping at all. Detroit Deli wasn't his best display of talent. His solo tracks and tracks on his solo projects are very much on point.

Superstition, you need this in your life.
I've had this in my life for a little while now man, but nice of you to think of me B) sh*t like this is what nourishes my faith in hip-hop. Good f*ck*ng music, no bullshit, no hype, just inspired beats and a talented muthaf*cka blacking out on the mic.Brag Swag is unfathomably vicious. That sh*t invades my body, causing my head to nod forcefully and conjuring involuntary screwfaces. D.E.M.O.N.S is retarded, the beat is perfection and that second verse is breathtaking. The way this guy writes and flows his sh*t is spectacular, even to a seasoned hip-hop aficionado. When I hear him breathlessly dispatching them heavyweight bars and blowing right into the next one I feel to thump my chest and scream at the ceiling. My feelings on Motown 25 are documented, sh*t is just f*ck*ng white-hot ignance. Didn't like the mixdown on this version though, the vocals are quieter and the beat doesn't bang as hard, but it's simple tings to swap it out. Transitional Joint is niceness of course. Could've done without all the miscellaneous dudes on the Fire remix though- beat is far too much heat to waste on mediocrity, but once again it's a simple swap issue.All told, I think I marginally prefer Europass to this, but I've been bumping a mix of the best of the two releases for a couple months now. I'll up it soon, so you man can get on board.And Jubez, Elzhi ain't a poor man's anything. I can agree that he's similar to Royce, in the sense that he's a f*ck*ng incredible rapper. But he's grimier than ever these days. And the idea that he's Royce Lite is very misguided - in terms of skill, these dudes are pound-for-pound equals. Okay, maybe Royce is a little more heavyweight. But critiquing Elzhi for that, is like condemning a novel coz it's not as good as The Count of Monte Cristo. And with that said, Royce doesn't have an album as good as Europass.

Superstition, you need this in your life.
I've had this in my life for a little while now man, but nice of you to think of me B) sh*t like this is what nourishes my faith in hip-hop. Good f*ck*ng music, no bullshit, no hype, just inspired beats and a talented muthaf*cka blacking out on the mic.Brag Swag is unfathomably vicious. That sh*t invades my body, causing my head to nod forcefully and conjuring involuntary screwfaces. D.E.M.O.N.S is retarded, the beat is perfection and that second verse is breathtaking. The way this guy writes and flows his sh*t is spectacular, even to a seasoned hip-hop aficionado. When I hear him breathlessly dispatching them heavyweight bars and blowing right into the next one I feel to thump my chest and scream at the ceiling. My feelings on Motown 25 are documented, sh*t is just f*ck*ng white-hot ignance. Didn't like the mixdown on this version though, the vocals are quieter and the beat doesn't bang as hard, but it's simple tings to swap it out. Transitional Joint is niceness of course. Could've done without all the miscellaneous dudes on the Fire remix though- beat is far too much heat to waste on mediocrity, but once again it's a simple swap issue.All told, I think I marginally prefer Europass to this, but I've been bumping a mix of the best of the two releases for a couple months now. I'll up it soon, so you man can get on board.And Jubez, Elzhi ain't a poor man's anything. I can agree that he's similar to Royce, in the sense that he's a f*ck*ng incredible rapper. But he's grimier than ever these days. And the idea that he's Royce Lite is very misguided - in terms of skill, these dudes are pound-for-pound equals. Okay, maybe Royce is a little more heavyweight. But critiquing Elzhi for that, is like condemning a novel coz it's not as good as The Count of Monte Cristo. And with that said, Royce doesn't have an album as good as Europass.

Need to check this, been bumping europass on the ipod since it dropped. TBH tho while he is skillful I mostly listen cos he always picks sick beats, sometimes it sounds like he is forcing the multi's and saying stuff for the sake of it rhyming and sounding technically good.