The North London Derby, KO 8pm, Sky Sports 2

TF S4DK

Arsène Wenger has revealed that Denilson will be back in the squad to face Tottenham.The Brazilian had started every Premier League game before Sunday but missed the trip to Upton Park with a back problem. The Arsenal manager also confirmed that Bacary Sagna and Kolo Toure are both fully fit and available for selection on Wednesday night."Denilson is back in the group after a little inflammation in the back," said Wenger at Tuesday's pre-match press conference."Sagna was back in the group at West Ham and Kolo is back too but you will have to wait and see the selection tomorrow night."
In busy periods like this, the bench can play a vital role according to Arsène Wenger.Arsenal fans had a perfect example on Sunday at Upton Park. When Emmanuel Adebayor came on with 23 minutes to go the game was in the balance. By the end he had registered an assist and a goal as the visitors went home with a hard-fought three points.Wenger had rotated his squad for that game and has promised to do the same when Tottenham visit Emirates Stadium on Wednesday. However, the Frenchman knows the eventual matchwinner may not be in the starting line-up.“We will rotate a bit because we play many, many games at the moment,” said the Arsenal manager. “It is a period where rotation and the quality of your bench are important.“We saw that against West Ham when Diaby and Adebayor came on.”That win was heartening because, as Theo Walcott told Arsenal TV Online afterwards, the side had showed they could do the dirty jobs as well as play flowing football. Speaking at his pre-match press conference, Wenger said that sort of psyche is crucial right now.“We are in a period now where the squad mentality is vital,” he remarked.“But I am very confident because we have a very strong united spirit in the dressing room and we want to do well.“We have shown that in recent games. We won at Fenerbahce, we won at West Ham, we also beat Everton in a convincing way.“Now we want to keep that going against Tottenham.”
Arsène Wenger left Emmanuel Adebayor out of his starting line-up on Sunday because he wants to protect the Togolese striker from burn-out.Adebayor came off the bench with 23 minutes remaining at Upton Park and assumed the mantle of matchwinner, providing the assist for Julien Faubert's own goal before wrapping up a 2-0 victory over West Ham with a cool finish on the counter-attack.The 24-year-old's eighth goal of the campaign summed up his importance to Wenger's team but the Frenchman's determination to keep Adebayor fresh means he can expect to take the occasional breather as Arsenal chase silverware on four fronts."Last year I overused him," admitted Wenger."Now we go into a period where you play every three days. When there is a little breather in the championship you play a game in the Champions League."[That's why] I want to rotate a little bit. I have a small, compact squad but it is full of quality and I can only show that by trusting the players who are young but have quality."

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsène Wenger has revealed that Denilson will be back in the squad to face Tottenham.The Brazilian had started every Premier League game before Sunday but missed the trip to Upton Park with a back problem. The Arsenal manager also confirmed that Bacary Sagna and Kolo Toure are both fully fit and available for selection on Wednesday night."Denilson is back in the group after a little inflammation in the back," said Wenger at Tuesday's pre-match press conference."Sagna was back in the group at West Ham and Kolo is back too but you will have to wait and see the selection tomorrow night."
In busy periods like this, the bench can play a vital role according to Arsène Wenger.Arsenal fans had a perfect example on Sunday at Upton Park. When Emmanuel Adebayor came on with 23 minutes to go the game was in the balance. By the end he had registered an assist and a goal as the visitors went home with a hard-fought three points.Wenger had rotated his squad for that game and has promised to do the same when Tottenham visit Emirates Stadium on Wednesday. However, the Frenchman knows the eventual matchwinner may not be in the starting line-up.“We will rotate a bit because we play many, many games at the moment,” said the Arsenal manager. “It is a period where rotation and the quality of your bench are important.“We saw that against West Ham when Diaby and Adebayor came on.”That win was heartening because, as Theo Walcott told Arsenal TV Online afterwards, the side had showed they could do the dirty jobs as well as play flowing football. Speaking at his pre-match press conference, Wenger said that sort of psyche is crucial right now.“We are in a period now where the squad mentality is vital,” he remarked.“But I am very confident because we have a very strong united spirit in the dressing room and we want to do well.“We have shown that in recent games. We won at Fenerbahce, we won at West Ham, we also beat Everton in a convincing way.“Now we want to keep that going against Tottenham.”
Arsène Wenger left Emmanuel Adebayor out of his starting line-up on Sunday because he wants to protect the Togolese striker from burn-out.Adebayor came off the bench with 23 minutes remaining at Upton Park and assumed the mantle of matchwinner, providing the assist for Julien Faubert's own goal before wrapping up a 2-0 victory over West Ham with a cool finish on the counter-attack.The 24-year-old's eighth goal of the campaign summed up his importance to Wenger's team but the Frenchman's determination to keep Adebayor fresh means he can expect to take the occasional breather as Arsenal chase silverware on four fronts."Last year I overused him," admitted Wenger."Now we go into a period where you play every three days. When there is a little breather in the championship you play a game in the Champions League."[That's why] I want to rotate a little bit. I have a small, compact squad but it is full of quality and I can only show that by trusting the players who are young but have quality."

Kudos to Cesc saying Spurs can't even beat our women's team :lol:Come on Arsenal
:D when was thislink?
Fabregas also took a pop at Spurs when he teased them about playing Arsenal’s ladies.He told lads’ mag Loaded that Vic Akers’ all-conquering women’s side would give the White Hart Lane men a tough game.Fab said: “They would do really well. I’m sure they would get a point!”

Kudos to Cesc saying Spurs can't even beat our women's team :lol:Come on Arsenal
:D when was thislink?
Fabregas also took a pop at Spurs when he teased them about playing Arsenal’s ladies.He told lads’ mag Loaded that Vic Akers’ all-conquering women’s side would give the White Hart Lane men a tough game.Fab said: “They would do really well. I’m sure they would get a point!”