The North London Derby, KO 8pm, Sky Sports 2

TF S4DK

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from time in the build up to bentley's goal almunia is standing there with his arms uphe should be saving ithe got a hand to it,put it over the bar or suttinnot in the goalhe had all day to save it
YESbut end of the day. 4-3 93 mins on the clockGET THE BALL IN THE f*ck*ng CORNER. we tried 3 times to get the ball into adebayor instead of going to corner flag n wasting off the clock.stupidness
trustsaid this to JJbut we raaaaarely do thatwenger doesn't promote those sort of thingssame way jenas should have got clamped after he profited from clichy's slipsomebody should have pulled his shirt,clipped his heels or suttintake the yellow and we re-organisebut again, wenger and his arsenal side don't do sh*t like that*thinks back to OT last season when ronaldo and co took the piss near the corner flag last few mins*

Cant even think about the game.. to shockin for words. f*ck Gallas though ruling himself out the Stoke game cos Wenger had a go at him after.. dont want that c*nt to wear the shirt again.
Thats what the papers say...Like I said I think it was one of Gallas' best performances, if Wenger blamed him then boy I hope it was cos Almunia ducked straight away.

William Gallas has ruled himself out of Arsenals' Premier League clash at Stoke after an angry row with manager Arsene Wenger.The Arsenal boss furiously turned on Gallas and his central defensive partner Mikael Silvestre after the Gunners threw away a 4-2 lead to draw 4-4 in Wednesday's dramatic clash with Tottenham.Gallas has claimed he has a hamstring injury, and won't play at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday.Sources at Arsenal have revealed that there was a furious dressing room bust-up after the derby clash at the Emirates Stadium, with Wenger hitting out at his central defenders and striker Emmanuel Adebayor.Kolo Toure is set to replace Gallas, while Wenger is also expected to recall Johan Djourou in place of former Manchester United defender Silvestre.Gael Clichy, who was reportedly almost inconsolable after his mistake contributed to Tottenham's third goal, could also miss out with Wenger fearing an aerial assault against Stoke.With a crunch match against champions Manchester United coming up next weekend, Wenger will be all too aware that his side can ill afford to drop more points.
Arsene Wenger will wield the axe at Arsenal following an angry dressing room bust-up after Wednesday's dramatic north London derby.The Arsenal boss was alarmed as the Gunners threw away a 4-2 lead in the closing minutes to draw 4-4 and furious players were heard arguing after the game during heated exchanges.And with a home match on the horizon against Manchester United, Wenger is set to make a number of changes to the Arsenal team for their trip to Stoke on Saturday. William Gallas and Mikael Silvestre, a new partnership at the heart of Arsenal's defence, have been the players to take much of the blame.An Arsenal source said: 'Everyone was going crazy in the dressing room after the game,' according to a report in the Sun.'There were a lot of raised voices and fingers being pointed. Everyone was blaming each other for Spurs' two late goals and the manager was as angry as anyone has seen him for a long time.'Gael Clichy was reportedly distraught at his role in Tottenham's third goal and questions were asked as to why Arsenal couldn't retain possession in stoppage time at the Emirates Stadium.Striker Emmanuel Adebayor, who scored one of Arsenal's four goals on Wednesday night, has summed up the anger at the club following Tottenham's unlikely recovery.'I am tired of saying that we cannot drop any more points and then we end up dropping more points.'It was not even against a top-four side but against Tottenham, who are bottom of the league.'But it is best not to say too much right now because there would be a lot of words that we aren't supposed to use to each other. It is best to go home, have a rest, learn our lessons from this match, then get together and tell the truth.'We need to let our nerves calm down and then we will all have to accept the criticism.'Gallas has been ruled out of the match at Stoke with a hamstring injury, with Kolo Toure set to take his place, while Emmanuel Eboue struggling to be fit with a knee injury.Silvestre, Clichy, Sami Nasri and Denilson will be among the Arsenal players watching their backs, with Wenger running out of patience after more carelessly dropped points.Abu Diaby, Alex Song and Johan Djourou could all feature at the Britannia Stadium.
Emmanuel Adebayor has openly criticised Arsenal's collapse against Tottenham that leaves them six points behind leaders Liverpool.Arsene Wenger's players argued among themselves as the harmony that normally holds them together was torn apart by accusations and bitterness over their surrender of a two-goal lead in the 4-4 draw at home to Spurs.Adebayor said: 'Every day we say we are not going to drop points and at the end of the day we end up dropping points. Not even against the top four, but against Tottenham, who are bottom of the League.'To be champions in this way you cannot afford that. It was one of the most difficult games of my life because I cannot understand how we were leading the game by two goals and it finished at 4-4. It is very difficult for me.'Maybe we thought in our heads the game had been won because sometimes it is very easy to give up when you are leading 4-2 with seven minutes to go. Now we have to learn to wait and see the game out. 'I don't know how I am going to sleep. We cannot afford to drop points any more and we dropped two more points. I am tired of saying that.'Sportsmail understands that Arsenal left back Gael Clichy was close to tears as the criticism flew, and he told the whole team that he was responsible for the collapse.The Frenchman's stumble allowed him to be dispossessed by Jermaine Jenas for Tottenham's third goal which set up the amazing injury-time finish with Aaron Lennon scoring a dramatic equaliser for Tottenham.Bentley overtakes: Gael Clichy (right) had a nightmare finish to the gameAdebayor admitted that morale among Wenger's squad has slipped alarmingly because of the failure to beat Hull, Sunderland and now Tottenham in the past month.The Togo striker is adamant that the players have to recover in time for what could be a trying experience away to Stoke tomorrow.Speaking on Arsenal TV, Adebayor added: 'There is a lot of disappointment with the result.'We are down because we thought we did everything to get the three points and only took one. We feel very sorry for ourselves.'The season is still long and we have to keep going. We have to take it easy and learn lessons from this. The nerves will calm down a little bit and everyone has to accept the criticism and keep going.'
Daily Mailboy lot of angry people

The f*ck?Gallas & Silvestre played sick.
sick should rarely be attached to any defender's name who was on the pitch in a 4-4 result.
"That was not a football score, it was a hockey score...in training I often play matches of three against three and when the score reaches 5-4 I send the players back to the dressing room, because they are not defending properly" [on the Tottenham vs Arsenal match, which ended 5-4 to Arsenal]
Different year but the quote more or less still fits.

sick should rarely be attached to any defender's name who was on the pitch in a 4-4 result.
if you watched the game, most of spurs goals resulted from long range efforts.1. the bentley goal. snm2. huddlestone long ranger, almunia pushes it to bent. snm3. clichy slipped, jenas travels and bends a very good shot around almunia. need to see that goal again cant really remember it to tough for defensive mistakes4. modric shot, outside the box. hits the post and falls to lennon. snmthe defense generally played well, its the midfield & almunia to blame imo. no closing down what so ever, the area between the defense and midfield is very vunerable atm, we aint even got a ball winner in there. just generally a weak medfield

if you watched the game, most of spurs goals resulted from long range efforts.1. the bentley goal. snm2. huddlestone long ranger, almunia pushes it to bent. snm3. clichy slipped, jenas travels and bends a very good shot around almunia. need to see that goal again cant really remember it to tough for defensive mistakes4. modric shot, outside the box. hits the post and falls to lennon. snmthe defense generally played well, its the midfield & almunia to blame imo. no closing down what so ever, the area between the defense and midfield is very vunerable atm, we aint even got a ball winner in there. just generally a weak medfield
Watched the full game and sick defending to me doesn't entail your left back slipping in the dying minutes of the game and losing the ball which resulted in a goal. Sick defending would have been one of your defenders reacting to the Modric shot off the post to or Alfie Moon's parry (Bent's goal) to clear.

Watched the full game and sick defending to me doesn't entail your left back slipping in the dying minutes of the game and losing the ball which resulted in a goal. Sick defending would have been one of your defenders reacting to the Modric shot off the post to or Alfie Moon's parry (Bent's goal) to clear.
he slipped, sh*t happens. clichy played well. we were about to start an attack so everyone pushed up which left the back exposedim pretty sure the parry and the shot of the post fell more or less directly to the opposing player.meh anywaydont even know why im backing them

3. Silvestre doesnt close him down or make even an attempt. Like I said good for heading but open play more time he invisible.

Disagree, Almunia is expected to sort out Bent's goal.In both cases I think its Gallas who reacts to both incidents but he just slower (in pace, not in reaction) than both Lennon & Bent, plus the return ball direction in both cases is in the attacking players favour.

3. Silvestre doesnt close him down or make even an attempt. Like I said good for heading but open play more time he invisible.
thought so

Like I've said it would be easy to blame Gallas, really it would, as he been such a c*nt this season, but truth be told, I thought he was excellent, well by his standards anyway.Like I said Clichy had a good game until the slip and the sad part for him is, had Silvestre slipped and Clichy was left to deal with it, he would have.My issues with Denilson still remain, as well as Wenger's subs.and once again I hate Almunia, never tire of saying it.

Guest Robin Van Persie

for the amount of long shots they got goals fromwe should have been closing down/throwing bodies infront of modric & jenas respectively when they closed in on goalour players turn their back on shots or just stand a few yards away 9/10inviting the shot,like say we haven't conceeded enough from outside the box alreadythat applies to silvestre in particular for 1 of the goals

Wenger cost us imoHe took oFf the key players, him doing that sent out the wrong message 2 the players that the game was wonThey relaxed n Spurs came back into itWe outplayed them all game but they've scored 4smhVery dissapointed
I agree with that but really, the guys he sends on should come on with the mentality that they still have a job to do. Not that the job is already done, like the way song jogged on.

Guest LucaPiano
from time in the build up to bentley's goal almunia is standing there with his arms uphe should be saving ithe got a hand to it,put it over the bar or suttinnot in the goalhe had all day to save it
YESbut end of the day. 4-3 93 mins on the clockGET THE BALL IN THE f*ck*ng CORNER. we tried 3 times to get the ball into adebayor instead of going to corner flag n wasting off the clock.stupidness
trustsaid this to JJbut we raaaaarely do thatwenger doesn't promote those sort of thingssame way jenas should have got clamped after he profited from clichy's slipsomebody should have pulled his shirt,clipped his heels or suttintake the yellow and we re-organisebut again, wenger and his arsenal side don't do sh*t like that*thinks back to OT last season when ronaldo and co took the piss near the corner flag last few mins*
Nasri would of clamped Jenas. FACT