BUSKERS

spiderman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on every circumstancemy moodmy timemy change where my change is etclike 2 day i was going thru elephant thinking 'it is cold blad'and i see 1, so i gave him 30p i had, save the other 60 for my ribenahe proper blessed me and everything, thought nuffing of it then saw another 1 45 secs laterand without thinking i gave him the restits not no big money, but i do do this quite a bit, just thought 2 myseolf i dont care how much of a wasteman u are, no 1 aint sitting down on that cold hard concrete in the blitz for fun

not all buskers are homeless.i kno der poor, otherwise why would they be doin it....but for f*cks sake, i PAID for my ipod and i PAID for my headphones so i could listen to music of my choice, so why pollute my ears and basically try WASTE my money by nt lettin me use my ipod properly...then havin the cheek of doin it so i GIVE YOU money.certain times i just feel to break their instruments.

Guest WAVESURFER

If they're playing a squeezebox, violin, or reggae on an electric guitar, I'm extremely happy to go along with it.If they're playing an acoustic guitar, I'm 99.9% certain to be offended by it, cause they're usually playing Snow Patrol covers or other such nonsense.I saw one guy with headphones on rapping a load of gibberish really loud into the street from a shop doorway one time, but this was at like 3am, and I think he'd officially crossed the line from "busker" to "crackhead".Also, several times I've seen middle-eastern looking people (mainly women) violently strumming an acoustic guitar without even attempting to make it sound tuneful or rhythmic, while "singing" aggressively in their language. Noone was giving them any change.

u guys need to meet the guy in canterbury who dresses up as the pope, presses play on the "demo" button on his keyboard and then PRETENDS to play it. Joke is you'd think he was mental but one time i see him in costa coffee discussing politics with another busker.

a little off topicBut I remember one time in KFC, this little boy came in begging every1 who was sitting down eating for food and moneyHe then asked this one bre sitting 2 seats away from me and all I heard him shout was "F**k off"....the boy ran downstairs so fast.....everyone just looked at the bre shockedhe didnt feel no way about it, he then turned to his girl who was also shocked and said "how can he come up to me asking for my food which I paid for?"was deep in a way tho

If they're playing something I like, I'll drop them some change. If I'm not in a hurry and I'm really feeling it, I'll stop and listen for a little while, occasionally chat to them between songs. Once after a particularly sh*t day at uni, I was in Kings Cross, and in the tunnel to the Thameslink platform, I passed a rasta playing the blues on a slide guitar. I had my saxophone with me, and since I didn't really feel like going home yet, I asked him if I could join in. He was up for it, so I assembled the horn and we jammed for like 20 minutes. He complained when I left, because more people were giving change while I was there :lol:

a little off topicBut I remember one time in KFC, this little boy came in begging every1 who was sitting down eating for food and moneyHe then asked this one bre sitting 2 seats away from me and all I heard him shout was "F**k off"....the boy ran downstairs so fast.....everyone just looked at the bre shockedhe didnt feel no way about it, he then turned to his girl who was also shocked and said "how can he come up to me asking for my food which I paid for?"was deep in a way tho
i wa on the train to corydon once and sum guy got on the train and gave a massive speech to the whole carriage about how he was skint and he needed money and he was gonna come round and if we had sum change we should give it to him. i was like f*ck off! although i didn't say that out loud, just avoided eye contact.

guys singing oasis songs on the underground get massive airsomeone playing something nice/unexpected will defo get some change tho. like others have said, the more unique the better chance u got of gettin my attention.like Superstition i jammed wit a busker just the other night actually, he was on guitar & harmonica, i was droppin them one away lyrical miracle bars. exchanged a couple 16s and wished each other well.

im not talkin about them begging for money, thats sumin else....the issue im talkin bout here is just straight sound pollution.i dont wanna hear that crap drowning out my headphones. certain times i feel like i shud just switch off my ipod to save battery wen i pass them, cos i cant enjoy listenin as much wen there playin der sh*t. its nuffin amazing wot der doin, and they normally play the most generic thing. fair enuff its a talent that they can play those instruments, but its not even about the content of the music, its just the fact that its in my face...its like the kid on public transport playin tunes off his fone, but scaled up cos its louder.

im not talkin about them begging for money, thats sumin else....the issue im talkin bout here is just straight sound pollution.i dont wanna hear that crap drowning out my headphones. certain times i feel like i shud just switch off my ipod to save battery wen i pass them, cos i cant enjoy listenin as much wen there playin der sh*t. its nuffin amazing wot der doin, and they normally play the most generic thing. fair enuff its a talent that they can play those instruments, but its not even about the content of the music, its just the fact that its in my face...its like the kid on public transport playin tunes off his fone, but scaled up cos its louder.
cheer up u grumpy twatthe thought of never again hearing someone randomly playing a tune on the street makes me feel cold.

cheer up u grumpy twatthe thought of never again hearing someone randomly playing a tune on the street makes me feel cold.
meh. everyone looks f*ckin pissed off in public transport anyways, it doesnt lift anyones spirits.seriously tho, nobody else finds it an issue wen their listenin to headphones as they pass a busker?

meh. everyone looks f*ckin pissed off in public transport anyways, it doesnt lift anyones spirits.
that's because modern day society has made us scared of each other, afraid to look another passer by in the face and say hello. don't promote that fam.