BUSKERS

spiderman

im not talkin about them begging for money, thats sumin else....the issue im talkin bout here is just straight sound pollution.i dont wanna hear that crap drowning out my headphones. certain times i feel like i shud just switch off my ipod to save battery wen i pass them, cos i cant enjoy listenin as much wen there playin der sh*t. its nuffin amazing wot der doin, and they normally play the most generic thing. fair enuff its a talent that they can play those instruments, but its not even about the content of the music, its just the fact that its in my face...its like the kid on public transport playin tunes off his fone, but scaled up cos its louder.
cheer up u grumpy twatthe thought of never again hearing someone randomly playing a tune on the street makes me feel cold.
meh. everyone looks f*ckin pissed off in public transport anyways, it doesnt lift anyones spirits.
that's because modern day society has made us scared of each other, afraid to look another passer by in the face and say hello. don't promote that fam.
lol im not gonna get into a discussion here about human contact and coldness in society, thats COMPLETELY seperate from the issue im tryna address...............ALL im sayin is they shudnt be polluting public space wid der crap, just as a yout shudnt be playin tunes off his phone bare loud and displeasing people...its the SAME problem and shud be treated in the same way. just cos they get a sympathy vote cos der preforming and der poor, people think its ok but essentially their doin the same thing as the guy playin tunes off his phone and thats imposing their will on ur private space....im NOT by any means sayin we shud be miserable sods commuting, but like i said ppl look as tierd/pissed off as ever on public transport with or without buskers present, so it makes no difference to the MAJORITY.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, i'm jus playin man.but nah, i wouldnt take them away. a lot of people do this out of the sheer love for it.i've got friends who are in a successful jazz quartet, won best jazz album in time out, do nicely paid regular gigs etc. those guys still busk on a saturday morning round south bank every weekend. why? cos thats wot them guys were born to do. thats music famalam.if u heard these guys you'd have a hard time sayin they're sh*t, so remember if u wipe all of them you killin off good music too.c/s the back of the bus phone crew tho. that really is obnoxious behaviour.

im not talkin about them begging for money, thats sumin else....the issue im talkin bout here is just straight sound pollution.i dont wanna hear that crap drowning out my headphones. certain times i feel like i shud just switch off my ipod to save battery wen i pass them, cos i cant enjoy listenin as much wen there playin der sh*t. its nuffin amazing wot der doin, and they normally play the most generic thing. fair enuff its a talent that they can play those instruments, but its not even about the content of the music, its just the fact that its in my face...its like the kid on public transport playin tunes off his fone, but scaled up cos its louder.
cheer up u grumpy twatthe thought of never again hearing someone randomly playing a tune on the street makes me feel cold.
meh. everyone looks f*ckin pissed off in public transport anyways, it doesnt lift anyones spirits.
that's because modern day society has made us scared of each other, afraid to look another passer by in the face and say hello. don't promote that fam.
lol im not gonna get into a discussion here about human contact and coldness in society, thats COMPLETELY seperate from the issue im tryna address...............ALL im sayin is they shudnt be polluting public space wid der crap, just as a yout shudnt be playin tunes off his phone bare loud and displeasing people...its the SAME problem and shud be treated in the same way. just cos they get a sympathy vote cos der preforming and der poor, people think its ok but essentially their doin the same thing as the guy playin tunes off his phone and thats imposing their will on ur private space....im NOT by any means sayin we shud be miserable sods commuting, but like i said ppl look as tierd/pissed off as ever on public transport with or without buskers present, so it makes no difference to the MAJORITY.
Its not really the same as youts who play their music on loudspeaker tho is it. With Buskers, within 10-20 seconds you have passed them so you can carry on listening to you ipod. Sitting on a bus having to hear some crap on a shitty speaker all the way home is not comparable.

lol, i'm jus playin man.but nah, i wouldnt take them away. a lot of people do this out of the sheer love for it.i've got friends who are in a successful jazz quartet, won best jazz album in time out, do nicely paid regular gigs etc. those guys still busk on a saturday morning round south bank every weekend. why? cos thats wot them guys were born to do. thats music famalam.if u heard these guys you'd have a hard time sayin they're sh*t, so remember if u wipe all of them you killin off good music too.c/s the back of the bus phone crew tho. that really is obnoxious behaviour.
ye i know its not even a money thing cos most of them dont even look like tramps to me....i only said "they must be poor, thats why they do it" cos everyone was talking about the legitimately homeless/poor ones....as i said its not even a disupute about the content of the music or their skills, its just the annoyance of them drowning out my headphones.like you said they have gigs and are successful in many other ways, so removing them from busking wouldnt kill off good music imo.

Its not really the same as youts who play their music on loudspeaker tho is it. With Buskers, within 10-20 seconds you have passed them so you can carry on listening to you ipod. Sitting on a bus having to hear some crap on a shitty speaker all the way home is not comparable.
for those 10-20 seconds it is worse lol.its A LOT more louder and in your face. sumtimes their just dancing away to it aswell and its just proper in your face...sumtimes i feel to just bring my own system one day, park up nex to him and just DROOOOWN his noise out of existence and see how he likes it. :lol:

i wa on the train to corydon once and sum guy got on the train and gave a massive speech to the whole carriage about how he was skint and he needed money and he was gonna come round and if we had sum change we should give it to him. i was like f*ck off! although i didn't say that out loud, just avoided eye contact.
Oh my days this story pisses me off, I hear it every couple weeks from random dirty looking dregs of society.The stories always slightly altered though..."Need money to get into hostel tonight" "Im working for a childrens charity" <_< Funniest one I heard though was..."Im not gonna lie to you and tell you I need money for a hostel. Ive just sobbered up and realised Im out of drugs" :blink::lol: I only give money if it entertains me so I gave that guy a couple shekkles

Spiderman u need these in your lifehttp://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/icm.nsf/root/500830Makes buskers detectable by sight only
lol ive got HD 205 and ye wen i take em with me buskers just become small background noise.but wen ive got in ear headphones it disrupts the whole song.i may need to invest in a better pair of in ear ones just for convenience.

yh, i kinda wernt even talking about buskers, just tramps despite the title lolol
LOL @ you feeding peoples drug addictions out of your own pocket
a little off topicBut I remember one time in KFC, this little boy came in begging every1 who was sitting down eating for food and moneyHe then asked this one bre sitting 2 seats away from me and all I heard him shout was "F**k off"....the boy ran downstairs so fast.....everyone just looked at the bre shockedhe didnt feel no way about it, he then turned to his girl who was also shocked and said "how can he come up to me asking for my food which I paid for?"was deep in a way tho
Not deep at allProbably would have done the same thing about mans putting me off my food begging for money

c/s all crew who hate guys playing james blunt sogns on acoustic guitars, they can definitely f*ck off, as for buskers in general i have 2 disagree with u spiderman, music was meant 2 be enjoyed communally/ NOT on headphones, headphones r a necessary evil in london tho because the british are a miserable ppl with sh*t tastes in music so public music rarely works, but i co sign the principle of busking its jsut a shame that only a small minority are any good, and as someone else said if u get rid of busking u get rid of that proportion who r genuinely musical geniuses (ive seen a few)

yh, i kinda wernt even talking about buskers, just tramps despite the title lolol
LOL @ you feeding peoples drug addictions out of your own pocket
a little off topicBut I remember one time in KFC, this little boy came in begging every1 who was sitting down eating for food and moneyHe then asked this one bre sitting 2 seats away from me and all I heard him shout was "F**k off"....the boy ran downstairs so fast.....everyone just looked at the bre shockedhe didnt feel no way about it, he then turned to his girl who was also shocked and said "how can he come up to me asking for my food which I paid for?"was deep in a way tho
Not deep at allProbably would have done the same thing about mans putting me off my food begging for money
CO f*ckIN SIGN.