Lupe Fiasco Thread

MrJibbles

• 4 weeks later...
what up ya'll...Lupe here...first lemme make a few things very clear.1. I love the fansite alot i think its dope...i feel flattered that i have so many people interested and in support of my music and the messages that i try to stand for...and not just me but for Hey Champ and the crew and damn near anybody who even resembles me...you gives give them shine and i commend you for that.2. I DONT LEAK MY OWN RECORDS!!! I'M NOT A FAN OF LEAKING RECORDS OR OF DOWNLOADING!!! My entire first album leaked and possibly cost me from going platinum my first time out as the final estimates of how many people actually downloaded that album illegally was well over half a million. So how do u think i feel that everytime i come to this site where my "fans" are i see you putting up links to download my records???...I dont care about the other sites. I care about where my real fans are supposed to be active. If you come across it and you like it and keep it to yourself thats all cool with me but to make it where as other people are able to download it in a public forum is honestly an insult to me. Especially because of how much i love you guys. that sh*t is kinda like a slap in the face.3. FAKE SHORE DRIVES "UNRELEASED" RECORDS COME FROM MY OLD PRODUCERS WHO HAVE MY OLD HARD DRIVES. I DONT AGREE WITH THAT sh*t OR CO-SIGN IT AT ALL ITS THE REASON I STOPPED DOING MIXTAPES AND I TOLD ANDREW THIS WHEN WE MET IN CHICAGO AT THE COCA-COLA TOUR SHOW AND HE THOUGHT I WAS GONNA BE ALL PISSED BUT IT WAS ALL LOVE AND I TOLD HIM I KNOW WHERE HE'S GETTING THOSE RECORDS FROM AND HE AINT GOT WORRY ABOUT ME HE GOTTA WORRY ABOUT ATLANTIC OR ARISTA OR THE PUBLISHERS OF THOSE VERY "UNCLEARED AND UNCLEARABLE" SAMPLES.Everytime i get the urge to do something new for my fans I go online and see "new unreleased lupe" from 6 years ago and i shrug and just say f*ck it. Things like that f*ck up the real plans and the mood. You dont just throw out bunch of records for the sake of having a bunch of records out. I dont operate like that as an artist. Some records aren't even meant to come out.4. When we were talking about who should have first rights to new sh*t when we do officially "leak" something the only two sites that came up was LupEnd Blog and Nahright. Thats big whether you know that or not. You have a direct relationship with the artist you rock with who puts your name in the hat for everything that involves him online.5. Someone hacked my email. I was about to fire my entire staff and cut off relationships over shining down leaking last night. Bun B hit me and was like "the records dope" and i was like "what record?" nobody even has it. the only possible explanation is my email chain with the mix studio (which is air tight...the studio that is) was hacked and thats where the record came from.Lastly, the album is f*ck*ng ridiculous. I dont like to brag or sh*t like that but the album is sooooo f*ck*ng crazy at this point 95% done. and its all balls to the wall fire. I have the experience and the freedom now to make what i think will be the best received album of my career.Lupe in the club??? Blasphemy!!!!We're Not Losers...___________________-alright...y'all probably know what that means...no more leaked tracks on here. I also never wanted to insult anyone...I just didn't know better...so...I'm sorry for that...won't happen again.And Lupe...I really appreciate that you took the time to clear things up and also that you considered to give us the first rights to your new material. That really means a lot to us.http://lupefiasco-lupend.blogspot.com/
And from Matthew Santos.MSSD.pngMSSD2.png

i love this song, matthew santos hooks are always on point"We're trapped, and moving round in circles like it’s chap stickAnd that's the same encircled way of thinking that we chat withWe'll rap this, around your head like a bandanna’s fabulousUsed to wrap his hat's with" definately my favourite part he did come off quite like a child throwing a tantrum in his statement though, still definately looking forward to the album

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

New mixtape coming November 25th. Lupe getting back on he's grind.Just a couple recent tracks from himSay Somethinghttp://usershare.net/ahjystq8vk2aAll The Way Turnt Uphttp://usershare.net/p3sbvit0xfifSolar Midnighthttp://usershare.net/f4tfuf8ejlm4Firehttp://usershare.net/z2o058h968s9Time will tell about the album. Heard he was saying at a gig "Got 4 more to go" so make of it what you will.

• 2 weeks later...

“The last six months, it’s been like, ‘I gotta really, really go out there and show that I’m nicer than all of them,’ ” Lupe said. “It’s like, ‘All right, so be it. If it takes three more albums to do it, then so be it.’ That’s what I got left with Atlantic. Three more after Lasers. I’m already done with two. The mixtape is coming Thanksgiving. It’ll be another mixtape after that and an album after that. It’s really to get that status and lock it in and [and have people] be like, ‘Look at this positive dude, the underdog. The positive one who came and murdered all these dudes. And he’s there, and he’s good.’ ”Lupe said he isn’t concerned about what he has to do — he’s going to prove he’s the best.“I’m finnin’ to house every single mode and arena I can get into,” Fiasco promised. “If y’all had somewhere where it’s live performances, I’m finnin to have the best live performances. If it’s mixtapes, I’m finnin’ to have the best mixtapes. If it’s albums again, it’s gonna be the best verse. If it’s the best dressed, I’m going hard as well.”Lupe said the yet-untitled mixtape will be him going in over other MCs’ beats. “I got four days to figure it out,” he said about the title. “I’ve been dabbling with some names. I don’t know yet.”Concerning the production, Lupe said he’s not going to let any original production go.“Why waste it?” he said. “I still got my plan. I’m not finnin’ to diverge off my plan and my career and how I wanna roll my music out.”33870227.jpg