Def Jam Executive VP Commits Suicide...

Guest DN Braund

Guest DN Braund
shakirstewartnewsstory.jpgDef Jam Executive VP Shakir Stewart committed suicide earlier today (11/1/08).Gyant broke the news on his GyantScoop blog and sources close to Stewart have confirmed his death, but couldn’t provide further information. Stewart earned his stripes as an A&R at Def Jam Records, signing stars like Young Jeezy and Rick Ross before being promoted to Executive VP at the company earlier this year. Though his promotion came several months after Jay-Z’s resignation, Stewart asserted he wasn’t the God MC’s replacement. Stewart is also credited for signing Ciara, among others, in his pre-Def Jam days. Stay tuned as this story develops.
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=28908

Guest DN Braund
u cnt critisize what u dnt know tbhGod knows why he did it but RIP same way
Suicide though, really?Nothing can be so bad you can take your own life, f*ck that
No point trying to rationalize something if you've never been there.
exactly what im sayinits nt really a rational thing either

I met dude twice, very cool but weird guy. I'm 99.9% sure he had wifey problems tho, I say this cos he was TOO on to this chick I know, talking about how they should be the new music industry power couple, and please note he'd just met her, and just some sh*t that had me like does a normal person say this, basically I think he had depression, but you know when man fronts it cos its not some sh*t you should have considering where you are in life...Dread cos I know he got kids too.R.I.P