when grime becomes rap / hip hop

shaian

ok.. i admit im not a big grime fan as such. but if i hear a tune thats good its good. regardless . but a lot of 'grime' artists i hear.. unknown as well as known.. seem to be rapping now.... either on hip hop or on grime beats....but people still class them as grime....there really a line between the two anymore is there? my question is tho... what do the grime heads who listen to grime more then they do hip hop / rap.. think about it....(if this topic is sh*t or been done or im jus chattin sh*t... air and lock it mods..)

Disgusted by it.The appeal of grime to me was that it was a fresh sound and although hip hop was clearly an influence to some producers like Low Deep & Rapid they managed to bring a fresh sound to the table whereas now most producers aren't even taking elements their almost making carbon copies. I think eventually their will be a resurgence of the real grime sound after this hip hop avenue has been exhausted, can't wait for that time.

Guest DN Braund

just a whole load of sheep and no innovationone man does a mixtape everyone else doesone man gets signed everyone else tries to get signedone man does electro everyone else does electroone man does funky house everyone else does funky houseu see where im goin with itpeople arent doing what they like, theyre doin what they think will be most popularn its f*ckin disgusting

Guest PROFIT2

its true..like i swear that cell 22 post should really have been in the hip hop roombut then you have man like wrecth who i always thought was rap but obviously used the grime scene to further his career it works both ways tbh

just a whole load of sheep and no innovationone man does a mixtape everyone else doesone man gets signed everyone else tries to get signedone man does electro everyone else does electroone man does funky house everyone else does funky houseu see where im goin with itpeople arent doing what they like, theyre doin what they think will be most popularn its f*ckin disgusting
cs

on >

Would any here say the problem with Grime is they never had the foundations to make the impact on the industry the people partaking wanted it to i.e. subject matter and beats werent exactly gonna entice Annie-May from Buckinghamshire skank to? Instead of staying underground and building up fanbases, them man wanted to be stars on MTV Base like So Solid and US acts [iMO]. Had it not grown out of Garage and witnessed the success of their predecessors, you reckon them man would have been happy being like MC's Det/Skibadee and them getting booking in underground raves?

my question is tho... what do the grime heads who listen to grime more then they do hip hop / rap.. think about it....
they dont listen to grime anymore.unless they aint found anything better, then they just stick to it cos its what they know/got around em.ill hear a few decent tunes comin from whats left of grime but it just ran out of steam time ago.

Instead of staying underground and building up fanbases, them man wanted to be stars on MTV Base like So Solid and US acts [iMO]. Had it not grown out of Garage and witnessed the success of their predecessors, you reckon them man would have been happy being like MC's Det/Skibadee and them getting booking in underground raves?
nah they wanted to be like the 50 cents of england and sh*t, the bait emulation was horrible.safe u wanna make P who the f*ck dont, but dont overjudge your craft. gotta do the work for it really, music aint no joke ting.

the mc and artist talk f*ck*ng pisses me offwanna be an artist make some f*ck*ng great songs end ofguy in grime i would consider an artist is tinie temperbut to be fair grime in its rawest form is still there you got people like maniac/royal-t/waifer/certain dot rotten hype tracks (like grime and bass not making hits)for me now i try and not complain because i see that there is space for all these types of people in grime but its the whole jumping on next ting that pisses me off grime aint established sh*t and we got people jumping into next genres all started with that grindie ting what i never took no intrest in RAW grime needs to be pushed 8 man in a studio fighting over mic to spit a 32 weed going through the room nicely sipping on guiness chung to me that is what real grime is about not about album sales its about hype and energy but yes album sales does put money in the pocketbut to me the focus is all wrongfrom when u have guys who dont want to spit on sets

PT raised a good point to Logan the other day about this - whats he gonna do when its all deadLogan seems proper on the Music but i cant see it still bein about come next year if im honest, the music has nothing to it anymore..ill still check the majority of it in the hopes that ill be impressed and i havent been for time because the fact its all hip hop/house (but sh*t house)The Dubstep that some people from Grime have done is good but that would kill the Dubstep music if they all hopped ship BUT i also think that some who are in the Grime scene who just do it for fun and are decent would be accepted to other scenes easier rather than people like Wiley, Ghetto and that who seem like they wanna try run things cause theyll go to a next scene and act like top dog*realises hes drifted off point*

Guest PROFIT2
Instead of staying underground and building up fanbases, them man wanted to be stars on MTV Base like So Solid and US acts [iMO]. Had it not grown out of Garage and witnessed the success of their predecessors, you reckon them man would have been happy being like MC's Det/Skibadee and them getting booking in underground raves?
nah they wanted to be like the 50 cents of england and sh*t, the bait emulation was horrible.safe u wanna make P who the f*ck dont, but dont overjudge your craft. gotta do the work for it really, music aint no joke ting.
C/S