Sign in to follow this  
MrJibbles

Something We Already Knew About Triple H

This was sent to Powerslam magazine, by a current wwe writer:“When I first started working as a writer in the WWE, this is the creative format that was used: we all pitched ideas to our respective show’s head writer and then they would e-mail a draft of the show to the full writing staff, Vince and Stephanie on Friday night. This would allow all of us to read the shows before the marathon Saturday conference calls that would begin at 9am and continue, on some days as late as 5am. But there was one additional person, who would receive the shows: HHH. His position as a member of WWE creative was never established, yet he had to get a copy of the show, lest we incur both his and Stephanie’s wrath. Curiously enough, HHH would never participate in any of the conference calls. His changes would be passed on to Stephanie. She would declare in a firm voice on the Saturday conference calls, ‘Hunter doesn’t like that idea, and this is what he wants to change it to.’ Then Vince would always say in a nice, soft tone, which was unusual for him: ‘Hmmmmm. What do you all think of that?” Brian Gewirtz, the notorious Stephanie and HHH lackey, would always be the first to reply, without a moment’s hesitation, ‘I think that’s a brilliant idea, Steph!’ in his Eddie Munster voice. Then every other writer, with the exception of one or two, would chime in saying variants of ‘I agree’ and ‘good idea’, etc. Then Vince would say, ‘Well, if there’s no disagreement, make the changes, Brian.’ Same routine, over and over, whenever it involved a change suggested by HHH. It seemed like a work to me: Stephanie firmly declares HHH’s idea, Vince acts neutral towards it and asks for our opinions, and then Gewirtz quickly kisses Stephanie’s ass, prompting everyone else to agree.“This routine would never change, except those weeks when we had a triple-header work marathon (Sunday PPV, RAW on Monday, Tuesday taping of SmackDown): we would work on the RAW scripts during the day of the Sunday PPV.In those instances we wouldn’t e-mail the scripts to HHH --- we would hand-deliver them to him. Normally, the head writer of the show would give it to him, but occasionally that job fell to me. I remember being nervous the first time I delivered the script to the McMahon dressing room where HHH would dress (he would never use the locker rooms with the rest of the boys). When HHH answered I told him the RAW script was ready for his review.On the first occasion, he grabbed the script, flipped through it but did not read it, and asked me point-blank: ‘Am I f—king going over?’ This first time that I delivered the script to him, he did indeed win his match, so I said yes. Then he politely gave the script back to me without reading it and said, ‘That’s all I needed to know,’ and walked back into the McMahon locker room. A few months later when Gewirtz had another weekend off, I delivered another RAW script to him on a PPV Sunday. And it was the same routine. He nonchalantly flipped through it and said, ‘Am I f—king going over?’ This time, however, he was to lose his match via disqualification. He would keep his title. I said to him, ‘Well, sort of.’ Then HHH froze. He said, ‘What do you f—king mean, sort of?’ I said, ‘You lose the match via DQ, so you still keep the title.’, ‘What page?’ he growled. After I told HHH the page number this occurred on, he ripped that page out, threw the rest of the script to the floor in a rage, and slammed the door in my face. Needless to say, the next day during the agents’ meeting, the script had somehow changed and now HHH won his match – cleanly. This was hardly an isolated incident.“Ultimately, it’s not HHH’s fault or even Stephanie’s fault, really. WWE is Vince’s company: no one challenges him or what he says must happen. I spent a lot of time with both HHH and Vince together --- in some cases, five hours a day, especially when we had to take Vince’s Challenger Jet from Connecticut to somewhere on the West Coast. And the fact is that Vince has no objectivity when it comes to HHH. When any of us writers come up with an idea, Vince would say things like: ‘That’s great! Why am I even paying these guys?’ and then laugh, while pointing at all of us strikers. In stark contrast, when Shane McMahon would sit in on some agent meetings, his ideas would be shot down by Vince. Vince was at his most human when interacting with Shame, in that he would yell at Shane like any dad yells at his son, but the yelling was always to try and make Shane better. With HHH, though, Vince would never publicly disagree with him. And with Stephanie by his side, he would accept whatever trash HHH spewed. After all, Vince would do anything for his baby girl. She would incessantly whine to him about putting HHH over, so Vince would do that for her . . .”A WWE official interviewed for this article told me that HHH’s power is so indomitable backstage that, “If HHH tells a joke, everyone has to laugh. If you don’t laugh, you will be noticed and called out. It happened to me once, and Stephanie said, ‘What’s the matter: don’t you have a sense of humour?’ “ Let’s be frank: it hardly takes insider testimony to determine that Triple H has continually benefited from the sympathetic booking. While others are presented as vulnerable and occasionally silly, WWE for nearly nine years has ensured that the HHH character is always strong, dominated and smart, even when he plays heel. There are so many examples, stretching from the month Stephanie was appointed head writer in 2000, that it’s easy to come up with a list of incidents:2000: Triple H pins Kurt Angle at Unforgiven to abruptly end the extremely over HHH/Stephanie/Angle love triangle storyline.2001: Steve Austin, the wrestler who did more to make Vince McMahon a billionaire than any other, is demoted to the position of HHH’s heel associate in April and May. ‘Stone Cold’ and ‘The Game’ had never been close: this only drives the wedge deeper. Meanwhile, ‘The Game’ squashes rising star Jeff Hardy to remind everyone of his overwhelming superiority.2002: Undisputed champion Chris Jericho plays the demeaning role of Stephanie’s poop-scooping butler and Triple H’s punching bag on road to WrestleMania X8, after ‘The Cerebral Assassin’ vetoes the original plan that Jericho and Stephanie are to have an affair behind his back. Jericho predictably loses the Undisputed title to HHH in a ‘Mania match which could not hope to follow The Rock Vs Hollywood Hogan, but is placed in the main event spot at Hunter’s request, so the image of him holding both title belts closes the show. At Unforgiven in September, HHH pins Rob Van Dam, another rising star. Sharp as a tack, RVD already knows what HHH’s game is.2003: Triple H denies underdog Booker T a victory at WrestleMania XIX after degrading him with racist innuendo for weeks. In their match, heel HHH hits the Pedigree and waits 23 seconds before making the winning pin on Booker. Add ‘The Book’ to the list of people who resent Triple H.2004: New World Champion Randy Orton is portrayed as a cowardly babyface, who dumps the title to heel Triple H at Unforgiven, just four weeks after winning it.2005: HHH triumphs in the Elimination Chamber match at New Year’s Revolution, winning the title from --- yes! --- HHH, who had vacated it in November, so he could regain it and pad his own title record. (This is his fifth World title, by the way.)2006: HHH and Shawn Michaels smash five careers with their senseless slaughter of The Spirit Squad. Meanwhile, HHH decides that no younger talent, who might potentially benefit from the association, are allowed to join him and Michaels in the reformed DX.2007: HHH is pinned by Jeff Hardy at Armageddon in a textbook example of how to technically lose a match while burying your opponent . . .My sources also confirm the widely held belief that Levesque uses his influence to impede or sabotage careers of wrestlers he’s not even facing. Two WWE writers whom I spoke to for this feature --- who naturally insisted on anonymity before they would talk honestly about Triple --- offered specific examples. The first writer claimed that Tripper’s venomous attacks contributed to the exit of Mick Foley and Billy Kidman from the WWE roster. He told us HHH disparaged Foley whenever he appeared for the company, and diminished his value in the eyes of the McMahon family. “Foley is an out-of-shape nobody,” HHH was reported as saying “Funaki puts more asses in seats than Foley does. He should pay us for coming on our shows.” Meanwhile, HHH’s derogatory appraisal of Billy Kidman at an agents’ meeting resulted in Kidman’s relegation to former broadcast Velocity and eventual release from his contract in July 2005 (Kidman was later rehired as a trainer in Florida Championship Wrestling.) The second writer sagely noted that fans can learn much about the real HHH from the few televised moments when he has let his guard down. “Triple H is on tape in the Bret Hart documentary claiming he knew nothing about the Montreal double-cross that was planned against Bret.” Said this WWE writer. “He looked right into Bret’s wife’s eyes and says he knew nothing about it, yet many times since he has bragged about knowing what was going to happen beforehand. Something of a character flaw, don’t you think? All you have to do is listen to some of the promos he cuts on other wrestlers he does not like or feels intimidated by, such as the promo he cut on Chris Masters on RAW in October 2006 (in which he mocked the steroid-free Masters’ dramatic muscle mass loss) . . . He also once cut a promo on John Morrison (then Johnny Nitro) by calling him something to the effect of ‘Johnny Oversell’ --- not exactly the way to ‘put over’ your fellow wrestlers to help build the business!”

used to like him circa corporation and first three championship days but i cant respect people like this.

That article doesn't even mention how he basically put down MVP and Shelton Benjamin during the angle running up to the Championship Scramble at Unforgiven this yearHim coming off as the cocky-'smark' style character making MVP n Benjamin look like chumps

You can tell he has this ting on lock.He was a wasted guy pre "The Game" tbh.He used to suck up to HBK, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and even X-Pac.In WCW he was a nobody.Thouh, since Vince and writers decided to push him, he then mashed Stephanie and married her, he has WWE on lock.Many people say hes the best, though he is not, just has wrestling on lock really.Alot of wrestlers hate him and the kliq anyway, ALOT of wrestlers do.He's still sick though!