Underground music Moves in circles alie

The Somalian

Me I have been following uk underground music since i was in primary school 1992 times i was always into vinyl and the music. going to renk records down there old office off old street and remember when they moved to shore road going down there getting into hardcore, jungle and all them musics and ever since then i have seen uk music move around in circles who remembers the days of garage I can see funky going down the exact same route with the sound gradually getting darker and darker etcbut hopefully people will look at the history of british underground music and try and put a stop to it we see people try it in garage but they failed and in the long run it killed garage. I can see funky going down that exact routealso dont am i the only one who see comparisons in this statementjungle=grime & DRUM AND BASS=DubstepWas thinking this ramdomly at work today the two scenes very similar but totally diffrent in nearly all aspects as in health etc both stem from garageI dont know where im going with this topic aint slept proper all weekend and im over tired probely will log on tomorrow not remembering making thisbig up logan got my Winter 4 track sampler down roman road today v.happywho is reaching on friday??some proper vibes aint been to a sun city since bagleys 2001OVER 23's ting stillPIED PIPERMARTIN liberty LARNERSUPA DMIKE ruff cut LLOYDDJ PIONEERHOSTS: CREED - CKP - MAXWELL D - DOGTANIONROOM 2 RnB 90`s classics

who remembers the days of garage I can see funky going down the exact same route with the sound gradually getting darker and darker etcbut hopefully people will look at the history of british underground music and try and put a stop to it we see people try it in garage but they failed and in the long run it killed garage. I can see funky going down that exact route
funky is in short a sub genre of HOUSE.music genre that was around before garage and evolved after its inception and then its passing.in terms of the attitude towards the music, i can see ur angle. but it wont go down the darker cos their are plenty of alreay established dark house styles and the music would just fall in with that; with garage it was the case that the darker strain was walkin new grounds and innovating. at most it would be certain heads clockin that side of house if the lighter stuff fizzled out.i cant see it happening any time soon tho.

dont am i the only one who see comparisons in this statementjungle=grime & DRUM AND BASS=Dubstep
if anything i reckon dubstep is more comparable to jungle, now anyways. grime maybe in its early days....but if u look back at jungle as an artform, the way it fused a sound and was so versatile, everything was played together and it just developed and evolved....it was just MUSIC all round....dnb and what is refered to as dnb now (post jungle, etc) has sort of reached a stable point in terms of growth and as a sound. but in the process of that the music become segregated and slightly formulaic...in that sense i dnt think its comparable to either grime or dubstep. grime has gone thru phases of styles as apposed to an expansion.

I swear DnB came from Jungle? Dubstep didn't come from Grime. But early Jungle was about the same speed as Dubstep is now, tunes like Renegade Snares by Omni Trio(which mixes in well with Dubstep), and We RE are bare slow in comparison to what came later.

I swear DnB came from Jungle? Dubstep didn't come from Grime. But early Jungle was about the same speed as Dubstep is now, tunes like Renegade Snares by Omni Trio(which mixes in well with Dubstep), and We RE are bare slow in comparison to what came later.
Really?
ye it was around wen grime was coming around.to be honest before early grime i was listenin to dubstep and i didnt even know it. oris jay/darqwan and el b...those kind of heads, i used to love their dark garage and then where it went to...then grime came and i lost track of dark garage, which became dubstep during the time.

a big boys tune but yhdubstep came from grime at least most of the producers did they just stopped letting mcs spit on itthey just dnt give grime any credit same as evry1 else that takes from it,basically dubstep is the dry,safe suburban version of grime in the same way dnb is to jungle

a big boys tune but yhdubstep came from grime at least most of the producers did they just stopped letting mcs spit on itthey just dnt give grime any credit same as evry1 else that takes from it,basically dubstep is the dry,safe suburban version of grime in the same way dnb is to jungle
that's not true, ppl moved to dubstep from grime when grime lost its dancefloor appeal, i know i did, i was sick of MC - oriented releases released on poor quality vinyl. This had more of the bits in Grime i liked.

what producers? cos as far as i can see the core of about 20-30 producers/dj's never had anything to do with grime.only person i can think of is plastician. maybe lewi white went down that way, but who else really?music is music, its neither safe or dangerous cos its indifferent, why would it have a bias on that subject. a normal form of music is a reflection of society partially, it has people from more than 1 background....just cos a scene has a saturation of one group of people it doesnt mean the music ITSELF is any less or more related to the actions of those individuals, in this case violence or more specifically a ghetto life.ghetto/road/street culture is all around the world and influences many different types of music and lots of different music genres foster people from that background but no one single genre is difinitive of that culture.an example is grime in the uk and gangsta hip hop in america. both 2 different types of music structurally except for the common content of lyrics, but even wen it comes down to the lyrics their are differences in flow, delivery and structure.

yeah, it weren't called dubstep tho, it was just dark garage, it's changed a lot in the past few years.
its just a name which in itself is a limitation.the sound has changed but the basis of it has always been there and was prominant enuff so to say that structurally it was stabilised before grime peaked and fell...their are influences but the influences are equivalent to those from dnb, jungle, techno, house, dub etc.....and dubstep didnt come from any of those genres so you get the point.i think the only thing that could be said is that it found its feet AFTER grimes peak, but it was already mostly there. the garage template applied to both, so the structure was taken from garage, not from garage to grime then to dubstep.

Really?
ye it was around wen grime was coming around.to be honest before early grime i was listenin to dubstep and i didnt even know it. oris jay/darqwan and el b...those kind of heads, i used to love their dark garage and then where it went to...then grime came and i lost track of dark garage, which became dubstep during the time.
I don't class them tunes as dubstep, I used to listen to Oris Jay especially and although his sound didn't fall in line with a lot of the tunes being produced at the time I wouldn't say his sound was different enough for it to be classed as a different genre.

what producers? cos as far as i can see the core of about 20-30 producers/dj's never had anything to do with grime.only person i can think of is plastician. maybe lewi white went down that way, but who else really?music is music, its neither safe or dangerous cos its indifferent, why would it have a bias on that subject. a normal form of music is a reflection of society partially, it has people from more than 1 background....just cos a scene has a saturation of one group of people it doesnt mean the music ITSELF is any less or more related to the actions of those individuals, in this case violence or more specifically a ghetto life.ghetto/road/street culture is all around the world and influences many different types of music and lots of different music genres foster people from that background but no one single genre is difinitive of that culture.an example is grime in the uk and gangsta hip hop in america. both 2 different types of music structurally except for the common content of lyrics, but even wen it comes down to the lyrics their are differences in flow, delivery and structure.
when copy and pasting,try to proof read it to only include relevent dataanyway i am talking about the music itself not the lifestyles of the individuals who partake in participating in said genres or wat have u plus bare man crossed over they changed ther name but watever dubstep is like prog grime its ok but pretty boring imo plus i hate the sh*t mcs they have now and evrything has to have some cockney film sample give me a f*ck*ng break sh*t is deadly boring to methat is all

Really?
I don't class them tunes as dubstep, I used to listen to Oris Jay especially and although his sound didn't fall in line with a lot of the tunes being produced at the time I wouldn't say his sound was different enough for it to be classed as a different genre.
ye still it was very garagey...but it was the first steps.probably wen skream n benga started proper makin beats was dubstep goin from a few good sources.either way, before or after grime, i dont think it was an INTEGRAL part of dubstep breakin thru. its nt as if skream n benga and them were makin grime beats before dubstep.

when copy and pasting,try to proof read it to only include relevent dataanyway i am talking about the music itself not the lifestyles of the individuals who partake in participating in said genres or wat have u plus bare man crossed over they changed ther name but watever dubstep is like prog grime its ok but pretty boring imo plus i hate the sh*t mcs they have now and evrything has to have some cockney film sample give me a f*ck*ng break sh*t is deadly boring to methat is all
wot copy and pasting, i just wrote that off the top of my f*ckin head lol.name names. seriously i wanna know who?from time you say this your opinions discreditted slightly.even if ur nt sayin EVERYTHING as in literally, just together what you said about it just sounds like u havent heard enuff of it/had a limited exposure. just sounds like u been listnin to too much caspa n ruskoi was the same still, thought it was boring etc.

there is a lot of samey sounding sh*t u have to wade thru to get to the decent stuff but it's out there.
or just go to a rave with a nice big bill and with a weighty system.i spent probably about a year only hearing selective bits just using the internet as my source and for a while i couldnt be bothered to filter thru cos there was just too much music that didnt stick out for me at the time. so i missed out on half the sh*t that was probably available.then i went thru a period where i made an effort and found more n more stuff i liked, listened to more radio and that and just herd more n more. eventually hit a rave with a full line up and thats wen i herd the majority of the variety that was there and i got the sound properly. now i listen to waaay much more music in general but dubstep mostly i hear so much that im gettin new tunes everyday and before i can rinse sumin to the bone ive got loads of new tracks that ill start rinsing. between that and raves and im still hearing more n more new sh*t being churned out (and IMO it upholds some quality control aswell), its just really active.

there is a lot of samey sounding sh*t u have to wade thru to get to the decent stuff but it's out there.
or just go to a rave with a nice big bill and with a weighty system.i spent probably about a year only hearing selective bits just using the internet as my source and for a while i couldnt be bothered to filter thru cos there was just too much music that didnt stick out for me at the time. so i missed out on half the sh*t that was probably available.then i went thru a period where i made an effort and found more n more stuff i liked, listened to more radio and that and just herd more n more. eventually hit a rave with a full line up and thats wen i herd the majority of the variety that was there and i got the sound properly. now i listen to waaay much more music in general but dubstep mostly i hear so much that im gettin new tunes everyday and before i can rinse sumin to the bone ive got loads of new tracks that ill start rinsing. between that and raves and im still hearing more n more new sh*t being churned out (and IMO it upholds some quality control aswell), its just really active.
The longer you DJ for the less records u buy, i remember when i first got decks i was buying all the sh*t i could get my hands on, but after a while u begin to slow up, and become more selective about wot u buy. Regardless of how many sets u hear, how many raves u attend and how many mixes u download there are only so many wobble tracks u can put up with.

The longer you DJ for the less records u buy, i remember when i first got decks i was buying all the sh*t i could get my hands on, but after a while u begin to slow up, and become more selective about wot u buy. Regardless of how many sets u hear, how many raves u attend and how many mixes u download there are only so many wobble tracks u can put up with.
ye ye thats all true.....but thats partial quality/money control. it definately happens i can agree to that.what i was sayin tho, not to u specifically about how much tunes ur gettin/hearing and makin more use of other routes than internet...i was sayin in general the music is such that its nt as easy to get exposed to everything and the amount of tunes in every different catogary is so much that it almost deflects ur focus (i.e if u hear a few deep soft beats and think there swag u mark off any thing of that style, but their is probably stuff of that type u would like). so it just reinforces a selective hearing experience.