Estate Agencies & Banks

Jodie

Does anyone here work or used to work in an Estate Agency or Bank?or do you know anyone that does/did?I'm now looking for a full time job and get away from my current job and i've heard some pros about working in them 2 places from a few ppl, so all i wanna know from anyone here what it is like.Pros? Cons?

Jodie, the 2 worste hit with the UK Economy are the housing market & the banks so tbh you may aswell stick with the job you have at the minuteMost places will be lookin to let jobs go in these two sectors rather than take people on
I cnt stay at my place no more. i just cant do it, its literally killing me.we have stocktake this weekend. :angry: someone kill me now and put me out of my misery.

i used 2 work for one recentlythought it was sh*t coz there was no company car, so i had 2 use my owntheres still money 2 be made in lettings, dont get it twistedbut can u get straight 2 the point with no f*ck*ng around?to be an estate agent u gotta be on top of things to make moneyif u can ALL the time then ure good

Guest TimeBomb
yea i got an estate agent down east, illl check 2moro if theres any room for another employee, not the best time for property tho.
wot u own one?
yea me and my boi, sounds big but beleive me profits aint saying much these days.

Guest TimeBomb

yea sounds better than it actually is, i tried work in there for bit and werent for me at all, ill see how things go but may just leave it to him n concentrate on other sh*t.Still if anyone looking to rent down walthamstow/ leyton area holla

My friend is an estate agent...its demanding at times she said. Obviously its a sales driven job so you gotta b on point all the time. Her company hasnt been dramatically affected by this whole credit crunch malarky, she said some of the things they say in the papers is a bit extreme to what it really is.

Estate agents are recruiting alot these days. Even with the current climate. I receive E-mails regularly for positions here and there.The commission is sweet but some jobs are commission based only. Which is looooong!Bank pay aint that bless as it looks. Both jobs are sales driven and if u can't perform its goodbye. They aint really stable jobs. Most people I knew in similar job roles have f*cked off to another sector.. But its up2 you.

Jodie, the 2 worste hit with the UK Economy are the housing market & the banks so tbh you may aswell stick with the job you have at the minuteMost places will be lookin to let jobs go in these two sectors rather than take people on
I cnt stay at my place no more. i just cant do it, its literally killing me.we have stocktake this weekend. :angry: someone kill me now and put me out of my misery.
Well it is more difficult to get a job in banks and estate agents but not impossible.You need to have the necessary qualifications though 5 GCSE's A-C (including maths and English language preferably).Preferably some A'Level education also.

May aswell forget an estate agents right now.Banking still has potential in the retail sector - People still need to use a bank day to day so they will always have room for cashiers and customer service staff.. But you gotta count on others leaving their jobs to create a vacancy.I used to work in a foreign exchange as a cashier. The potential to earn on top of your salary is nice - All them code 10's (bring me in or I'm keepin the card and gettin the £50 reward for stoppin a fraud). Its jokes handling thousands of pounds of cash in all different currencies.The cons would be the armed robberies, sometimes the fresh guys on a C10 gettin MAD when u pie it and take their card and passport. And the calls at 4am when the alarm goes off and you have to let the police in to check the building.

May aswell forget an estate agents right now.Banking still has potential in the retail sector - People still need to use a bank day to day so they will always have room for cashiers and customer service staff.. But you gotta count on others leaving their jobs to create a vacancy.I used to work in a foreign exchange as a cashier. The potential to earn on top of your salary is nice - All them code 10's (bring me in or I'm keepin the card and gettin the £50 reward for stoppin a fraud). Its jokes handling thousands of pounds of cash in all different currencies.The cons would be the armed robberies, sometimes the fresh guys on a C10 gettin MAD when u pie it and take their card and passport. And the calls at 4am when the alarm goes off and you have to let the police in to check the building.
lol sounds like jokes