Car Breakdown Disasters

LuLu

My car has died on me, RAC are gonna be here within the hour, so hopefully i should be good to go by midday.It got me thinkin, Have you lot had any Breakdown disasters ? ie, breakin down in the middle of nowhere or breakin down in the middle of a high street, having to wait agess for help etc................. share your tales.

My car has died on me, RAC are gonna be here within the hour, so hopefully i should be good to go by midday.It got me thinkin, Have you lot had any Breakdown disasters ? ie, breakin down in the middle of nowhere or breakin down in the middle of a high street, having to wait agess for help etc................. share your tales.
Yes.I was driving through Coventry on my way back from Blackpool and my acceleration pedal snapped off.. I made the car roll into the 'free pickup' service on the motorway because I did not have a License, Insurance let alone any break down cover.Some pikeys picked me up and took me back to their yard. Some proper 'Snatch' pikeys as well. They tied my pedal back on with some string but it meant that the revs would be high all the way home.I didn't give a sh*t as long as I got home and I did.Thank you Pikeys.

When i first started driving i broke down in a busy highstreet. i pulled over next to a police station and i was blocking this alleyway. then this wagon with sirens on came down the alley and i was blocking them in, they had to get out and push my car onto the pavement. when the RAC finally came, he lifted the bonnet, and the lid was off my water tank, i had left it off when i filled it up. i was well embarrassed

saw thread title....for some reason I pictured Lulu would be the one who made this thread lmaoand to answer the question...yes.....yes I haveso much so that RAC wrote to me and said that ive been abusing their policy lol and that the next time I call them out I will have to pay :|pisstake

I've broken twice in bait situations...1. on my way to work busy rush hour period on a busy dual carriageway, gearshaft popped out. Was cruising at 40mph. pure revs and no go! car was still going at speed as was going downhill, then road goes back up hill. Car couldn't make it up the hill had to stop in the middle of carrigeway in the outside lane. The shame as I had to stick on hazards call AA and endure angry drivers lookin at me like WTF u punk!. I caused a massive tailback of traffic and someone baited me up on local radio informing of broken down car causing servre jams...lol Not good at all.2. at a give way junction pulling out onto a main road. Clutch cable snapped! (so no clutch) had to get out a push my car back onto side road, with busy traffic and people tryna cuss. Even had one dumb yout shout out sh1t car mate and sped off!! VEX!! which i could do nothing about. Humbling exp...

I've broken twice in bait situations...1. on my way to work busy rush hour period on a busy dual carriageway, gearshaft popped out. Was cruising at 40mph. pure revs and no go! car was still going at speed as was going downhill, then road goes back up hill. Car couldn't make it up the hill had to stop in the middle of carrigeway in the outside lane. The shame as I had to stick on hazards call AA and endure angry drivers lookin at me like WTF u punk!. I caused a massive tailback of traffic and someone baited me up on local radio informing of broken down car causing servre jams...lol Not good at all.2. at a give way junction pulling out onto a main road. Clutch cable snapped! (so no clutch) had to get out a push my car back onto side road, with busy traffic and people tryna cuss. Even had one dumb yout shout out sh1t car mate and sped off!! VEX!! which i could do nothing about. Humbling exp...
LOL, I feel it for you. I hope this sh*t never happens to me boy.

back in the day my golf broke down on the way to luton carnival on the motorway, i was in slow moving traffic because of a accident, and you could see everyone from the ends just looking at us bussing up, i had nuff steam coming out the engine, i felt so shamed.
Think I drove past you still. Pre-revenge for u seein my dead ped in Napa.My first whip was a dead F reg white Astra. Two weeks after passing I'm getting brave and fancy a long-ish drive.Me and my boy scooped a couple girls and flew to Bicester Village to hit some shopping. On the way back the head gasket blew. True wasteman stylee. Struggled back to Watford at 30 mph down the A41. Took TIME!Ever since I've always bought car still within warranty - thus including AA/RAC cover.

about a month ago i was giving my mate a lift from reading to northhampton to pick up a motorbike he had brought through ebay, got there fine it was about a 70 mile trip and i was lucky in a weird way that my accelerater cable desided to snap just as we got back to reading or i would have been f*cked if it happened on the motorway or in northhampton

saw thread title....for some reason I pictured Lulu would be the one who made this thread lmao
lol i swear to god, i have no luck with cars, im offically cursed.it was just a flat battery, he got some wires from the rac van, then put them in my car engine and then told me to go and drive 10 miles and that would do the trick.had to fill some RAC questionaire on some fancy notepad thing.