OK I have decided to give up smoking,

Bacardi_Up

I have just gone 24hours without a cig and was just wondering if anyone else has any tips for giving up.I have worked hard to lose 3 stone over the past few months so fear weight gain has been something that held me back from giving up before.Any tips to successfully make it through, not gain weight etc appreciated.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just quit a couple weeks ago. Congrats.Erm, I've found that basically the best thing to do is just NOT smoke. The times where I'm with a group of people who are smoking and I want a fag, I just don't have one. It's willpower basically, the cravings go away after a few minutes.Also, take up a sport or something instead (you said you was losing weight so keep doing whatever you're doing) cos that gives you a motivation to avoid smoking. Also you notice how fit you get after just 2 or 3 weeks of no smoke + exercise, made me seriously wonder why I ever smoked.

I just quit a couple weeks ago. Congrats.Erm, I've found that basically the best thing to do is just NOT smoke. The times where I'm with a group of people who are smoking and I want a fag, I just don't have one. It's willpower basically, the cravings go away after a few minutes.Also, take up a sport or something instead (you said you was losing weight so keep doing whatever you're doing) cos that gives you a motivation to avoid smoking. Also you notice how fit you get after just 2 or 3 weeks of no smoke + exercise, made me seriously wonder why I ever smoked.
basically this

From losing weight I have seen how much my fitness improved.I used to get them forehead sweats running up and down the stairs at work but no more. Endurance is alot better etc....I imagine that me without cigs would see significant improvements. Been smoking for about 7 years and been on 20 a day for the last 3 years.Plus I'm a nang singer so can see voice improving as well. lol.

Plus I'm a nang singer so can see voice improving as well. lol.
Do you make music, or sing to yourself?
Sing to myself.But my mates used me as a secret weapon with women round my uni and on holiday in kavos.My mates claim they are my manager to the women and that I was on X-Factor. :lol:

I keep going to my cupboards to eat something.and then go back to my room without eating anything for fear of gaining weight. I need something to distract me.Gonna get my weights and work out a little. Then study. Then play video games.That should get me through.

So many people that are quitting, excuse themselves by saying "I only had _____" and "its been ______" IMO Your aim is to not smoke. If you did, you fail.
Thats what my friend says aswell.She's like "I only had 4 fags today when i usually have 10" and im like :confused: u still havent given up. Your not helping yourself.>>>>>>>>>>Smoking.Will power stopped me from smoking. I just stopped randomly.

I predict the hardest thing will be to resist smoking when drunk.Even my mates who have given up or normally don't smoke at all tend to have a drunken cigarette.

Guest WAVESURFER
I predict the hardest thing will be to resist smoking when drunk.Even my mates who have given up or normally don't smoke at all tend to have a drunken cigarette.
C/S.I never ever smoke while sober. When I'm drunk I just can't get enough cigarettes. It's nuts.