What Newspapers Do You Read...

Guest DN Braund

Guest DN Braund

My mum says that the newspapers people read can tell quite abit about themshe reads The Times, my step dad reads the Daily Mailn i read The Guardian and The Independent.n occasionally The Metro if im on a train

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mum says that the newspapers people read can tell quite abit about them
used to believe this no longer do
I don't think you can dismiss the strength of the link between the papers people read and their views on current affairs.It's no surprise the majority of the nation reads the Sun when you consider the majority of people are more familiar with the life stories of the contestants on X Factor than they are with the reasons behind recession so resort to saying sh*t like 'It's the immigrants'.I check the Guardian, Metro & BBC website for news.

My mum says that the newspapers people read can tell quite abit about them
used to believe this no longer do
I don't think you can dismiss the strength of the link between the papers people read and their views on current affairs.It's no surprise the majority of the nation reads the Sun when you consider the majority of people are more familiar with the life stories of the contestants on X Factor than they are with the reasons behind recession so resort to saying sh*t like 'It's the immigrants'.I check the Guardian, Metro & BBC website for news.
nah i worded what i was sayin kinda wrong still but culdnt b bothered to go into it. i dont mean i think it has no bearing atall or anything like that, but some of the people i chat to that know more than a huge amount of people on current affairs dont read anything but their local paper and the 2 have no relation and some of them read the sun ffs yet they dont have some stupid views. obviously i know you never meant what you read directly controls your views on current affairs but u know what i mean. it can have an impact on their views but i do think some people dont even understand what the f*ck they are reading when they pick up a broadsheet, they just think they do. Someone will tell them not to read like the sun/mirror/notw and when they eventually stop reading that paper and move to a 'proper' paper they arent even understanding what they are reading properly. it dont seem like it but so many ppl cant take in what they read properly bare ppl like to act smart. too many ppl too quick to start reading some big paper yet they are turning straight to the sport (nothing wrong with that bare with me) by the time they get to the serious stuff they are lost. it definately can to an extent but not as much as people think imo. too many people (not saying ppl on here) seem to think reading a bigger paper means they know more and are more informed. lost count of the amount of people that think this kinda way, how can i see someone reading one back in college, ask him to look at it when he puts it down, ask him a simple question about what was inside and he dont even know yet its his paper and he has read the whole thing. next day man walks in with the sun, that kinda thing says alot imo. Im not judging everyone on this but i've seen alot of people with this kinda thinking.

the sun, for entertainmentno point reading a newspaper to actually learn, all biased and chat fraff tbh
If you pick up a decent newspaper, you can learn a lot actually. Sure, you can say that they are biased but that's the whole point. To make the point, quote when relevant and then emphasise your own opinion. Also, you can learn by the different style in writing and the vast and various language that is used.