Adebayor ruled out for the next three weeks

TF S4DK

Emmanuel Adebayor is likely to be out of the Arsenal side for three weeks.The striker picked up a nasty ankle injury at Stoke on Saturday following a tackle from Ryan Shawcross. He misses tonight’s game with Fenerbache and will also sit out most of November.Like Adebayor, Theo Walcott was also stretchered off at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday. The England winger was fouled by Rory Delap in the final moments and fell awkwardly on the same shoulder that had undergone surgery in the summer of 2007. However he could be back for Manchester United’s visit to Emirates Stadium on Saturday.William Gallas may return then as well. The French centre back has been missing for a week after damaging his hamstring against Tottenham. Thankfully the other casualty from Saturday, Bacary Sagna, has recovered from his ankle problem.“Adebayor will be three weeks,” confirmed Arsène Wenger at Tuesday’s press conference. "Walcott could be days or weeks. It is the shoulder he had the surgery on. We don't know about Gallas yet but Sagna will be back in the squad.”
Don't panic, don't panic, don't panic, cos...
Wenger - Vela is one of the best I have seen Suspension and injury may have robbed Wenger of his first-choice strike duo but he is sure he has ‘the answer’ in Carlos Vela. The Mexican burst onto the Arsenal scene with a superb hat-trick in last month’s Carling Cup victory over Sheffield United and the absence of Emmanuel Adebayor and Robin van Persie could hand him further first-team opportunities in the next few weeks. Wenger is aware that Vela must adapt to the physical nature of the Premier League but the Frenchman is certain that he has enough quality to fill the void. “Vela is one of the answers,” said Wenger at Tuesday’s press conference. “Carlos is an outstanding striker, he will be a top goal-scorer and is one of the best finishers I have seen. “He is 19 years old and playing at a top, top club. We don’t believe that he needs to improve his finishing or his technical quality, we just need him to adapt to the combative side of the English side of the game. “He is responding very well at the moment and it will give him something more and make him a top-class striker.”
oh and...
Nicklas Bendtner is ready to step up to the plate while Arsenal's two top scorers are sidelined.Emmanuel Adebayor suffered an ankle injury during the 2-1 defeat at Stoke City on Saturday and Robin van Persie will miss three domestic games after being sent off in the same game.Arsène Wenger's striking resources will be stretched as a result but Bendtner is confident he can add to his tally of four goals in six starts - beginning with Wednesday night's Champions League game against Fenerbahce."We have them [Adebayor and Van Persie] out so I will be trying to do my best to help us win if I’m playing," said Bendtner. "Whether I am out or not I will try to play the best football I can to get into the team."I wouldn’t say it is frustrating [not being first choice]. As I say I do what I can do and then it is up to the manager to pick the team."I have played a few games and I have done alright. I can only keep doing what I’ve been doing and then it is up to the boss to pick who he wants."

ight be going 2 Arsenal manu game, we better win, i going with thisgirl who got me a ticket and she sa mau utd fan, for the last month or so she has been spoiling my saturdays with updates letting me know that arsenal have either drawn or lost when i have been out and about and she has been in listening to the radio or watching the sky spots news gillete thingy.