Rubber lips

Flojo

Aston Villa were last night weighing up whether to make an official complaint to the Football Association as they looked into allegations that Joey Barton racially abused the England Under-21 international Gabriel Agbonlahor during Newcastle United's 2-0 victory at St James' Park on Monday night.Newcastle declined to comment. Barton's agent, Willie McKay, said that he was in hospital last night and added: "I don't want to talk about the situation. I don't know anything about it." Barton is understood to categorically deny the allegations.Villa are undecided over what course of action to take, following a series of high-level meetings at Villa Park yesterday. Those involved the manager, Martin O'Neill, and senior club officials who consulted with the American owner, Randy Lerner, as they examined television footage to see whether there was any substance to allegations that Barton racially abused Agbonlahor in a first-half confrontation which had to be defused by the referee, Steve Bennett.Barton appeared to swipe Agbonlahor in the face, though the FA said it would take no action over that incident, and it is understood Villa are considering their legal position in what is a sensitive issue, coming only three games after Barton resumed his career at Newcastle following a six-match FA ban for his training-ground attack on a team-mate, Ousmane Dabo, during his time at Manchester City. He previously served a jail sentence for affray and assault for an incident outside a McDonald's restaurant in Liverpool.Villa officials have confirmed that the investigation is into matters of a racist nature and Setanta Sports has provided the club with footage of the set-to with Agbonlahor. Villa's legal advisers spent several hours yesterday examining the tapes and are considering employing lip-reading experts.Agbonlahor is being consulted over whether he wants to proceed with an official complaint and O'Neill may be faced with the dilemma of whether to pursue the matter should his 22-year-old striker decline to do so.The FA is awaiting Bennett's report although it is understood he has made no mention of racism in it. An FA spokesman said: "We are aware of the rumours circulating and have had a number of calls on the subject but it is difficult to comment any further on something that has no further substance to it. We take seriously any allegations of racist abuse and will obviously act accordingly if we receive any official complaint from Aston Villa."Agbonlahor's agent, Tim Webb, confirmed that he too was aware of the accusations but had not been in contact with his client about the subject. "I have not spoken to Gabby. It was a day off for him on Tuesday because he has such a hectic schedule with Villa and his mobile has been turned off. I am aware that Villa are looking into the situation," he said.If Villa press ahead with an official complaint it will spell further trouble for the controversial Newcastle midfielder less than a fortnight after he insisted he is a reformed character and wants to put his chequered past behind him. Barton claimed that he wants to be a role model for all young footballers but his return to action has been controversial. Barton has been supported by Newcastle's interim manager, Joe Kinnear, but was the subject of abuse from Sunderland supporters while warming up in last month's derby at the Stadium of Light.Barton said after Monday's game that people were making a "mountain out of a molehill" over his apparent swipe at Agbonlahor. "The referee gave a free-kick and I was debating with him because I didn't think it was a free-kick. I thought it was a foul against me and I had hold of the ball. Their lad came across and barged me in the back. Nothing has gone on. People are making a mountain out of a molehill. Don't forget, with the referee and their assistants around and all the cameras, you know you cannot raise your hands these days, and at no stage have I done that."
when I was watching the game I couldn't believe man had the cheek to flick Agbonlahor's lips cos I know how it could be perceived. Apparently Setanta footage from a next angle shows him saying something along the lins of 'f*ck your big lips'. He doesn't do himself any favours

gabby is the model professional in moments like that, along with young he has to be one of the most fouled players in the premier league and he NEVER reactswas bait from when he threw him to the ground something was going on, i've never seen him do anything remotely vicious/violent like that beforeeven when carvalho tried to break his gabby didnt even say anything to him

gabby is the model professional in moments like that, along with young he has to be one of the most fouled players in the premier league and he NEVER reactswas bait from when he threw him to the ground something was going on, i've never seen him do anything remotely vicious/violent like that beforeeven when carvalho tried to break his gabby didnt even say anything to him
as a villa fan, wot u think your club should do about it ? let it go or file a complaint.

Oh dear, a simple case of making a big fuss over nothing.
The thing is the guy has stubbed a cigarette in a youngsters eye and just come out of prison for cowardly assaulting one of his own team mates, if that isn't reason to keep your arse quiet I don't know what is. Why he's putting his hand on mans lips I just don't know.

The thing is the guy has stubbed a cigarette in a youngsters eye and just come out of prison for cowardly assaulting one of his own team mates, if that isn't reason to keep your arse quiet I don't know what is. Why he's putting his hand on mans lips I just don't know.
You do know Agbonlahor put his hand next to his ear as if "come on Barton, you got something to say?"I know Barton ain't a saint, but Agbonlahor didn't help matters...

You do know Agbonlahor put his hand next to his ear as if "come on Barton, you got something to say?"I know Barton ain't a saint, but Agbonlahor didn't help matters...
Fair enough but why rise to the bait especially when it was so minor and even so it still doesn't justify touching him.If he can't handle a little bit of provocation like that I predict he'll be hitting the headlines for the wrong reasons pretty soon.

barton should know people will be saying sh*t to himi would expect most players in the league will be looking to antagonise him, he SHOULD know better.he is a racist twat and it's his own fault.

as a villa fan, wot u think your club should do about it ? let it go or file a complaint.
we said yesterday we're gonna look into it stillwe got bare games atm, so i dont know if gabby will have to meet up with the fa or something and tell them what happened, but i'm sure if it he did something racist we will report it when he is free to make the complaintwe have always been a multi-cultural club, we would never let anything like this slide

Ok fair enough about the whole cigarette thing but on the topic of cowardly act could someone tell me what actually happened between him and Dabo I really want to know to be honest cause i realise sometimes people will clasify getting into a fight with someone and beating the sh*t out of them as "cowardly" so could someone who knows what actually happened tell me please.

Agbonlahor is a gormless c*nt, Barton should have chinned him and done the DX sign.
lmao, "gormless c*nt" never :lol:
John Carew isn't the only Aston Villa striker familiar with Birmingham's lap-dancing scene. Carew has been fined by boss Martin O'Neill after going to The Rocket Club before their UEFA Cup tie with Ajax. But Gabriel Agbonlahor clearly knows a thing or two about strip clubs. "I don't know what John was doing - there are some miles better places than The Rocket Club," smiled Agbonlahor.
LIGHTNING hat-trick star Gabriel Agbonlahor has scored ANOTHER astonishing treble—cheating on THREE lovers at once and getting them ALL pregnant.
117Agbonlahor_468x312.jpgok, maybe a little gormless------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok fair enough about the whole cigarette thing but on the topic of cowardly act could someone tell me what actually happened between him and Dabo I really want to know to be honest cause i realise sometimes people will clasify getting into a fight with someone and beating the sh*t out of them as "cowardly" so could someone who knows what actually happened tell me please.
they traded words, gabby wrestled him to the floor, in the aftermath of the incident barton put his hands on gabbys lips and flicked his nose up and down, gabby stood there with his usual cockeyed blank stare.

they had a bust up in training over a rash challenge by Barton. After they've squared up Dabo has turned around to walk off and then Barton from behind has hit Dabo.

Agbonlahor is a gormless c*nt, Barton should have chinned him and done the DX sign.
lmao, "gormless c*nt" never :lol:
John Carew isn't the only Aston Villa striker familiar with Birmingham's lap-dancing scene. Carew has been fined by boss Martin O'Neill after going to The Rocket Club before their UEFA Cup tie with Ajax. But Gabriel Agbonlahor clearly knows a thing or two about strip clubs. "I don't know what John was doing - there are some miles better places than The Rocket Club," smiled Agbonlahor.
LIGHTNING hat-trick star Gabriel Agbonlahor has scored ANOTHER astonishing treble—cheating on THREE lovers at once and getting them ALL pregnant.
117Agbonlahor_468x312.jpgok, maybe a little gormless------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
they traded words, gabby wrestled him to the floor, in the aftermath of the incident barton put his hands on gabbys lips and flicked his nose up and down, gabby stood there with his usual cockeyed blank stare.
No i wasn't talking about this incident mate i was talking about the Dabo one, I saw the one on Monday and to be honest it was a whole lot of nothing really everyone knows the guys a racist