hold on... DIZZY RASCAL ON NEWSNIGHT

Seymour Cake

All I'm going to say is anyone that gets interviewed by Jeremy Paxman & doesn't get verbally sliced up & made to look overly dumb is bless.Most intelligent politicians don't want it with Jeremy, he'll have up most people who come on newsnight.
EXACTLY.He was nervous and it showed, apart from a few funny comments he held it down.talking how he did @ a job interview = fooltalking how he did to your mum = fooltalking how he did to your work colleagues = ok apart from formal meetingstalking how he did on newsnight = okits all about your social situation at the time, and he did nothing wrong.
I have to disagree.Cringe factor was off the scale, He was grinning like he was high or something and talking toPaxman as if he was some 'man from da ends'... 2008 Chicken George justlaughing and joking unable to be serious... his brain bouncing around hiscranium unable to keep still due to skunk damage!!!And the HIGH TOP rockin Lord Abbott must have been thinking "what are you playing at jeremytalking to that disaffected youth I'm all the black representation you needI rock the high top to show that 'I'm still down'!?!"BBC knew what they were doing. Showing two polar extremes of black attitudes in he UK, reinforcing that we are not to be taken seriously when it really counts.(through lean off demeanour he was rocking, only part agree with what he was getting at) just remember the ethnic majority watching the show, who are your managers/judges/lawyers/bankers/police running this country and so on, only reinforces to them we are not to be taken seriously.Ps I agree Paxman will mash up more or less anyone on the spot. Still no excuses for Dizzee acting the fool.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a different perspective, my mum told me bout this before she left for work and she wasnt impressed, at all. Young people arent the target audience for Newsnight, so if the question is should he have put on a better face because of who he is representing to that middle-class, broadsheet reading, non-bathers coz it wastes water audience, then I'd have to agree with the majority on this one. He should have been more articulate, but most importantly more controlled

All I'm going to say is anyone that gets interviewed by Jeremy Paxman & doesn't get verbally sliced up & made to look overly dumb is bless.Most intelligent politicians don't want it with Jeremy, he'll have up most people who come on newsnight.
EXACTLY.He was nervous and it showed, apart from a few funny comments he held it down.talking how he did @ a job interview = fooltalking how he did to your mum = fooltalking how he did to your work colleagues = ok apart from formal meetingstalking how he did on newsnight = okits all about your social situation at the time, and he did nothing wrong.
I have to disagree.Cringe factor was off the scale, He was grinning like he was high or something and talking toPaxman as if he was some 'man from da ends'... 2008 Chicken George justlaughing and joking unable to be serious... his brain bouncing around hiscranium unable to keep still due to skunk damage!!!And the HIGH TOP rockin Lord Abbott must have been thinking "what are you playing at jeremytalking to that disaffected youth I'm all the black representation you needI rock the high top to show that 'I'm still down'!?!"BBC knew what they were doing. Showing two polar extremes of black attitudes in he UK, reinforcing that we are not to be taken seriously when it really counts.(through lean off demeanour he was rocking, only part agree with what he was getting at) just remember the ethnic majority watching the show, who are your managers/judges/lawyers/bankers/police running this country and so on, only reinforces to them we are not to be taken seriously.Ps I agree Paxman will mash up more or less anyone on the spot. Still no excuses for Dizzee acting the fool.
I really wouldn't take it that seriously. Most people will see it as one idiot rapper who doesn't know how to behave, not a representation for black men all over Britain.

C/sLike I said before, I don't think most people know how serious Paxman is on this interview game.

I think the bbc are damned if they do and damned if they don't tbhIf they got a black fella on there who was in a pop group then people would say 'this doesn't represent the black youth of suburban England'
Yeah but look at the Beeb though, Eastenders for examplethe black guy "GUS" says it all really.BBC are out of touch. and try to keep us happy by just giving a lil music slot on 1xtra. Why don't we have something like the BBC Asian network, (discussing current affairs and culrtral things as well as celebrating there music.)We are more than just musicians, rappers and singers.

I think the bbc are damned if they do and damned if they don't tbhIf they got a black fella on there who was in a pop group then people would say 'this doesn't represent the black youth of suburban England'
Yeah but look at the Beeb though, Eastenders for examplethe black guy "GUS" says it all really.BBC are out of touch. and try to keep us happy by just giving a lil music slot on 1xtra. Why don't we have something like the BBC Asian network, (discussing current affairs and culrtral things as well as celebrating there music.)We are more than just musicians, rappers and singers.
LOL at using Gus as an example. You're lost. Why should 1 character on a TV show represent the entire black population, how is that even possible? He's a decent guy anyway, would you prefer he listened to grime and grinded? And I swear there used to be a black doctor on there anyway.And 1Xtra is a BLACK music channel, the reason you "just" have one channel is because blacks only make up 2% of the population, whereas Whites make up 90% and Asians about 5.

I think this applies to all youth culture of any race. We always feel that they are out of touch with the young and it's always been that way. In 40 years time no doubt we will all be out of touch. I accept it may be even more obvious in the way they portray black people tho.

LOL at using Gus as an example. You're lost. Why should 1 character on a TV show represent the entire black population, how is that even possible? He's a decent guy anyway, would you prefer he listened to grime and grinded? And I swear there used to be a black doctor on there anyway.And 1Xtra is a BLACK music channel, the reason you "just" have one channel is because blacks only make up 2% of the population, whereas Whites make up 90% and Asians about 5.
People forget this ALL the time. Or should I say people dont know this.

LoL at me being lost (that s ur opinion fair enough)I know you know what i'm getting at though. Just had to use that as blunt example of stereotyping and uncle tomfoolery shown to the masses; to save me typing off essay up in here. (ps as for the doctor don't let me get started on him, lolanyway u hit the nail on the head, whites rep 90% of the country. for that 2% we make up. And what the media chooses to show about us the majority see it all in full 100% glory >>> reverting back to MR RASCAL on newsnight.

Guest WAVESURFER

The only really embarrassing thing about this interview was all that Russell Simmons/KRS1 bullshit about hip-hop & blah blah blah. I hate that sh*t.Apart from that, he came across quite well. Just seemed like an affable young guy.I'd rather see that than some surly youth giving one word answers to every question.

just because a man is keepin it real doesn't mean he shouldn't know how to articulate his thoughtsi maintain that i think he was jus lean up an thats why he was goin on like that, nothing got to do with where he comes from, hes a grown man and when he is being interviewed on a serious issue he should speak like a grown man
i see wot ur saying but Paxman and newsnight in general is pretty intimidating. u seen wot he does to some politicians. I would have been exactly the same when put in that position, he's not a politician and i doubt very much he had a team of spin doctors tell him wot to and wot not to say, which is wot most ppl on there have.

All I'm saying is if Dizzee would of come off with some shakespearean English you would be asking why he didn't keep it 'real' and calling him fake. You can never please everyone and I respect him for being positive.
Who is saying to sound articulate you have to speak shakespearean English? You can sound intelligent without sounding like you grew up with the Queen.

All I'm saying is if Dizzee would of come off with some shakespearean English you would be asking why he didn't keep it 'real' and calling him fake. You can never please everyone and I respect him for being positive.
Who is saying to sound articulate you have to speak shakespearean English? You can sound intelligent without sounding like you grew up with the Queen.
C/S max!

The only really embarrassing thing about this interview was all that Russell Simmons/KRS1 bullshit about hip-hop & blah blah blah. I hate that sh*t.Apart from that, he came across quite well. Just seemed like an affable young guy.I'd rather see that than some surly youth giving one word answers to every question.
[Giggs]Dun know :mellow: [/]