hold on... DIZZY RASCAL ON NEWSNIGHT

Seymour Cake

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s great that Obama got in, but remember it is politics. He has a lot to prove, and hopefully the same people that voted for him will stay with him throughout the good and the bad times. I just hope the youth that voted for him and the artists that backed him don’t get played like a lot of UK artists did when they backed Blair years ago.Jeremy Paxman: Do you consider yourself to be British?Dizzee Rascal: Course im British, wot…….you know me.What is the correct answer for this? should he have kissed Jeremy’s arse? please someone let me know. Dizz held it down in this interview, you ask a sarcastic question, you get a sarcastic answer, the Political game is a bigger circus than the music industry. Dizzee was sincere, accurate, unfazed by the Political process, and entertaining, which is why they put him on at primetime TV. As for the other woman, she was just burnt she didn’t get as much airtime.All this talk about Dizzee didn’t represent Black folk properly?????, or Why didn’t they get a Black Poltician?????? WTF There was a Black Politician on the screen next to him!!!! You didn’t pay attention to that? That says it all, why are you moaning? Doesn’t this make you the biggest hypocrite?Yes Obama is mixed race, yes Hip-Hop did get Obama the youth vote, yes one man cannot make a difference it takes the masses, yes anyone of us could run for Prime Minister, I’ve always said that. If your willing to lie, backstab, cheat, go to war, and you work hard……YOU could be Prime Minister.So I don’t get why people are mad at what he said…..is it because he wasn’t kissing arse, or because he said it with swagger, please let me know. Politicians are no better than any other MC, except they know how to sell themselves better within 60 secs because that is all they get. Politicians use their airtime to sell themselves or their party. As for Black Politicians in the UK……..that arguement doesn’t make sense to me. I haven’t heard any Politician Black or White take a stand for the real issues that affect the streets of the UK inner cities, who is speaking out on knife crime, gun crime, or Education issues? that arguement is irrelevant. If more people took an interest in building their communities rather than forming facebook hate groups on their lunch break against the few people that are actually making serious moves, maybe the UK would be in a better place.
Semtex Blog
Well it wasnt going to be from a neutral perspective, and although Semtex is right with Dizzee didnt say anything wrong, it was the fact that he "said it with swagger" (bullshit, what swagger?). He came across childish, immature and out of his depth. Like they say, its not what you say but how you say it. You can be the smartest guy with thoughts but lack the delivery a people wont take notice.How many times have you heard Rappers called boring based on delivery but shown lyrics or heard a cover and thought "Rahh, I didnt realise the lyrics were that good". Even look at the current PM Gordon, people always say "Ah he's just an accountant", so that was the porblem, the "swagger" and arm waving like mans barring. Man took NewsNight for BET Cypher
its actually those who try and come across as serious who flop. he said it how he best could. it was newsnight not question time. the fact that he was chosen, and a thread this long is being discussed, with blogs in response popping up, shows that the BBC did well in choosing dizee not some black Politician only a few of u would even know.

its actually those who try and come across as serious who flop. he said it how he best could. it was newsnight not question time. the fact that he was chosen, and a thread this long is being discussed, with blogs in response popping up, shows that the BBC did well in choosing dizee not some black Politician only a few of u would even know.
c/s tbh in 2008

It’s great that Obama got in, but remember it is politics. He has a lot to prove, and hopefully the same people that voted for him will stay with him throughout the good and the bad times. I just hope the youth that voted for him and the artists that backed him don’t get played like a lot of UK artists did when they backed Blair years ago.Jeremy Paxman: Do you consider yourself to be British?Dizzee Rascal: Course im British, wot…….you know me.What is the correct answer for this? should he have kissed Jeremy’s arse? please someone let me know. Dizz held it down in this interview, you ask a sarcastic question, you get a sarcastic answer, the Political game is a bigger circus than the music industry. Dizzee was sincere, accurate, unfazed by the Political process, and entertaining, which is why they put him on at primetime TV. As for the other woman, she was just burnt she didn’t get as much airtime.All this talk about Dizzee didn’t represent Black folk properly?????, or Why didn’t they get a Black Poltician?????? WTF There was a Black Politician on the screen next to him!!!! You didn’t pay attention to that? That says it all, why are you moaning? Doesn’t this make you the biggest hypocrite?Yes Obama is mixed race, yes Hip-Hop did get Obama the youth vote, yes one man cannot make a difference it takes the masses, yes anyone of us could run for Prime Minister, I’ve always said that. If your willing to lie, backstab, cheat, go to war, and you work hard……YOU could be Prime Minister.So I don’t get why people are mad at what he said…..is it because he wasn’t kissing arse, or because he said it with swagger, please let me know. Politicians are no better than any other MC, except they know how to sell themselves better within 60 secs because that is all they get. Politicians use their airtime to sell themselves or their party. As for Black Politicians in the UK……..that arguement doesn’t make sense to me. I haven’t heard any Politician Black or White take a stand for the real issues that affect the streets of the UK inner cities, who is speaking out on knife crime, gun crime, or Education issues? that arguement is irrelevant. If more people took an interest in building their communities rather than forming facebook hate groups on their lunch break against the few people that are actually making serious moves, maybe the UK would be in a better place.
Semtex Blog
Well it wasnt going to be from a neutral perspective, and although Semtex is right with Dizzee didnt say anything wrong, it was the fact that he "said it with swagger" (bullshit, what swagger?). He came across childish, immature and out of his depth. Like they say, its not what you say but how you say it. You can be the smartest guy with thoughts but lack the delivery a people wont take notice.How many times have you heard Rappers called boring based on delivery but shown lyrics or heard a cover and thought "Rahh, I didnt realise the lyrics were that good". Even look at the current PM Gordon, people always say "Ah he's just an accountant", so that was the porblem, the "swagger" and arm waving like mans barring. Man took NewsNight for BET Cypher
I'm not sure if he did the best, and it's not even an act serious ting, more an act normal ting. Would he speak like that in a job interview? Doubt he's ever had one in his life but you get the pointAnd yeah the Beeb deffo did their job.

lol watched it AGAIN, the guy was just stumbling all over the placei could tell he didn't do himself justice, he wanted to come across a certain way but couldn't do it properlyso he just stumbled and some bullshit just started coming outta his mouthmartian man can run the country? lol thing is, every knows what hes tryna get at but still he couldn't do it properly thats why he was getting laughed at and sh*t

Not being able to string a sentence together or articulate yourself isn't a race issue.He should have fixed up and taken it seriously.It's not an issue about being something you're not.It's about not making yourself look like a total moron when you could have clearly contributed something better.

f*ck trevor phillips, does he think i didnt see his article when he said obama couldnt win, and the other one when he claimed obama was one of the 'safe' black people which is why he is getting quite popular, only to turn out that in reality obama is probably more black than these so called other waste black 'leaders' black british politicians/elite are so useless..arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. cnat ever take that fool seriously.. he licks his finger and puts it out the window ...THEN has something to say

f*ck trevor phillips, does he think i didnt see his article when he said obama couldnt win, and the other one when he claimed obama was one of the 'safe' black people which is why he is getting quite popular, only to turn out that in reality obama is probably more black than these so called other waste black 'leaders' black british politicians/elite are so useless..arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. cnat ever take that fool seriously.. he licks his finger and puts it out the window ...THEN has something to say
Yeah, this mans a heediyut. Always chatting some sh*t thinking he's reppinDisclaimer: I havent read this yet, so he could be chatting sense

QUOTE (Dizzee Rascal)It’s positive, I think.. it’s positive because… he’s mixed race as well, so he’s in the media.. media symbol of unity and I think you know what? Hip hop played a big part in this as well.. cause I don’t think he could have won it without hip-hop. Hip-hop is what encourage the youth …to umm get involved in voting and making the place better and he’s the first President to embrace it.also i aint re-listened to it but i like to think hes said hes an 'immediate symbol of unity' tbh (no ebonics 101)i honestly dnt know wat ppl are complaining about that they didnt interview bashy insted?? wtf

QUOTE (Dizzee Rascal)It’s positive, I think.. it’s positive because… he’s mixed race as well, so he’s in the media.. media symbol of unity and I think you know what? Hip hop played a big part in this as well.. cause I don’t think he could have won it without hip-hop. Hip-hop is what encourage the youth …to umm get involved in voting and making the place better and he’s the first President to embrace it.also i aint re-listened to it but i like to think hes said hes an 'immediate symbol of unity' tbh (no ebonics 101)i honestly dnt know wat ppl are complaining about that they didnt interview bashy insted?? wtf
i thought he said immediate aswell

also i want to congratulate paxman for almost subliminally beginning to start mistakenly recognising the core reason for all this countrys social problems,he may not say it out loud fully till its to late in 2012-15 but at least hes on the right path,the path towards righteous thinking,hope he gets there one day though,hope evry1 does one day