Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Gayle

uk-rap What is up with US Hip Hop - Stale ?

TBH I think its getting a bit stale, aint been hyped for anything since Lil Wayne album.Think 50's will flop, Kanye aint the same since College Dropout, so don’t expect too much from himStill have many old rappers being the forefront of the scene, thus maybe slowing the breakthrough for the new talent e.g. Asher Roth, Wale etcI've just been on UK Rap, most notably the SN1 Camp.With Giggs blowing up so much this year, I have been able to hear other rappers in his crew who I do rate, Kyze, Dubs, Gunner D etc. I would not of heard them if it wasn’t for Giggs.

Boy, youre asking the wrong guy, bruv. I havent followed Hip Hop since 06. I think HH is sh*t, utterly. You will know how much I used to be a guy who was reasonably up-to-date and sh*t but I only recognised a couple names in that XXL Freshman topic.These dudes are boring with their same regurgitated script. The beats arent even good anymore and that was the main thing saving HH in the past few years IMO. Although, I feel artists get too much blame and none is placed on the lack of hit-making producers. When you see tracklistings and producer credits before you download an album, how many can you say actually make your ears wiggle in anticipation? I would say Justice League produce some heat and that's about it.I'm very much on the UK ting right baout now. Its realer to me

most mainstream rap is dull with a few bright sparks scattered here and there imo. been tryna listen to that raw ughh sh*t.