Arsenal v Manchester United, Saturday 8th November, KO 12:45pm, Live on Sky Sports 1

TF S4DK

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on you gooooooooooners.Went to the game today,i have never felt more like a football hooligan in my life.
Ah Lie!I lost my voice, was going nuts & the section I was in (Lower Tier, Orange Quad) had them hardcore fans who NEVER sit down & NEVER shut up. If only the whole stadium was like that.Best game I've been too for a while.Performance wasn't perfect but we deserved the win.

Bendtner can f*ck off. Swear to God. 2-1, counter attack man tries to do some jesus type goal instead of laying off Cesc or Samir.Tit. Next person that calls for Ade's head should shove a pineapple up their ass. Ade would have buried both those headers.
The difference is Bendtner tried his hardest to impact the game & prove his worth, at times like the Spurs game Adebayor plays like its a Monday morning training session and while your right Adebayor probably would've backed them headers, the likelyhood is if he was playing is that he'd have probably been standing next to Clichy & Nasri when they dropped them balls in.

finally watched the game.was impressed with denilson, cesc didnt play great, bendtner is swag technically but he worked hard n made rio look sluggish. gallas done well but we rode our luck tbh
They rode their luck as well tbh, any decent striker would have killed it when they had those gaps in at 2-1.Plus if all chances (sitters) where taken it would have been like 5-2 to us tbh.

Samir Nasri believed Arsenal could win the title even before Saturday’s 2-1 win over Manchester United.The Frenchman chose the perfect moment to bag a brace for the first time as a professional. His strikes on 22 and 48 minutes helped Arsène Wenger’s side reignite a Premier League challenge that was considered – by some outside Emirates Stadium at least - to be faltering. “We are back in it,” said Nasri afterwards. “But we always thought we were involved, even before this game. We know our quality, our strengths and what we are capable of. We can definitely win the title this season.“I know the big rivalry between the top clubs. We were a bit behind Liverpool and Chelsea beforehand and this was a massive game for us. “We could not have dreamed of getting a better result than the one we got. We showed we have got the quality technically that can help us to win big games like that one. “And mentally we proved a point by winning this game against Manchester United. We know the title can be won by the games against the top four. We have shown we can do it and the most important thing is to keep going.“Maybe we don’t have the experience of Liverpool, Man United or Chelsea but we showed how mature we have become after last season.“[Of course] we have only just started the year and you cannot take any conclusions from the games so far. But it was important to win. It is also important to keep this going and keep our confidence for the next games.“This win is a key game for us and, with all the players coming back from injury, we are only going to get better.”
Arsène Wenger did not allow himself to contemplate defeat ahead of Saturday’s crucial 2-1 over Manchester United.The Arsenal manager endured a difficult press conference before the visit of the Premier League champions. But it was not only the media who were doubting Wenger after three games without a victory, bookmakers made his side outsiders to win a home game for only the third time in a decade.Arsenal seemed to revel in their role as underdogs. Samir Nasri scored both goals as Wenger’s team got their title bid back on track. Ahead of the game the manager had refused to be fearful.“I didn't imagine the consequences of a defeat,” said Wenger. “I felt before the game it was important not to think about that - just think that you want to win and deal with what happens after.“I don't know why but I didn't. Part of the preparation is to go in with a winning attitude to build on.“When you analyse the situation retrospectively a fear could come in and that could be dangerous. So we went in positively and after you deal with it. If you open the press or listen to the media you have the feeling that the world will stop if you lose, but it goes on the next morning. “In our job, we can talk, talk, talk. At the end of the day it is what you produce on the football pitch. The answer was right on Saturday. When you don't do that you get criticised. You have to deal with that and show you can take it.”
Cesc Fabregas says Saturday’s superb win over Manchester United was dedicated to Arsène Wenger.Arsenal cast aside all their worries to pull off a wonderful 2-1 victory against Sir Alex Ferguson’s side. Before the game there had been sharp criticism of Wenger in certain sections of the media and, for protégées like Fabregas, it was payback time.“We definitely did it for the manager because he has believed in us,” said the Spanish midfielder. “Apart from Gallas and Silvestre, the rest of the players would have never had the chance to play football so we owe him a lot of things and have to show that on the pitch. “Winners don’t like to look at this [media] reaction. They always try to get better and win the games. The losers could put their heads down, feel sorry for themselves and never come back again. “We have shown we have got character. We were playing against a great team, under a lot of pressure and we are happy.”As Fabregas suggests, Arsenal had to pull off a rear-guard action after Samir Nasri put them 2-0 up just after half-time. An 89th-minute volley from Manchester United substitute Rafael made for a nerve-jangling finale. But the home side held on in precisely the way it had not against Tottenham 10 days earlier.However, overall, Fabregas feels Arsenal’s style is sound. They just have to keep their faith and their work-ethic.“Sometimes we have lost a game like this when we’ve played the same way,’ said the 21-year-old. “And everyone would say we are not good.“When we win this way and everyone will say we are good. We have always been playing the same but sometimes you have more fortune in front of goal. “That is football, but the good thing is that this team have never put their heads down and felt sorry for ourselves. “We want to get better, play better and I think we showed it in this game.”
Not for the first time the 'Big Four' are the Premier League's top four, but Arsène Wenger still expects the 'second tier' of the top flight to have a major say in the title race.The Frenchman watched his team get their own title challenge back on track with a thrilling victory over Manchester United on Saturday. The result and performance repaired some of the damage done by the recent draw with Tottenham and a trio of defeats to Fulham, Hull City and Stoke.Those losses were interpreted by some as a sign that Arsenal have got worse but Wenger has a different take. The Frenchman believes that standards have improved further down the Premier League and predicts a closer title race as a result."It could be tighter than everyone expected it to be," said Wenger."Nowadays, the teams in the second part of the league have improved and to go away and win at Stoke, Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan is difficult, more so than 10 years ago."I believe as well that to deal with the Champions League and all these games is very difficult."
The formation which helped see off Manchester United at the weekend could become a common feature of Arsenal's season.Arsène Wenger tweaked his tactics for Saturday's 2-1 victory, deploying Nicklas Bendtner as a lone striker while a fifth midfielder - Abou Diaby - operated in an advanced role when Arsenal had the ball but added ballast to the central areas when they lost possession.Wenger has enjoyed success with a 4-5-1 formation before. Freddie Ljungberg played behind Thierry Henry during Arsenal's run to the 2006 Champions League Final, Alex Hleb flourished behind a solitary front man last season and Diaby filled the same role with distinction at Fenerbahce last month.The absence of Emmanuel Adebayor and Robin van Persie forced Wenger's hand to some extent at the weekend but the Frenchman revealed that he could persevere with the formation even when his two top scorers return."I will use it again because going forward we have scored many goals but defensively we have conceded too many from outside the box," explained Wenger."I don't know [about what will happen when all the strikers are back]. I took this decision because I tried to balance the team with the players that were available."
Samir Nasri believes that the French community at Arsenal has made the Club his home from home. Nasri, who scored his first professional brace against Manchester United on Saturday, was one of six French starters in the Arsenal line up – a record anywhere outside the French leagues. The midfielder revealed that the Gallic contingent that has been a mainstay of Arsène Wenger’s reign in North London has affected the way that the Club is viewed across the channel.“In France we consider Arsenal as the 21st team in our league,” said Nasri. “I used to watch Arsenal on TV when Robert Pires, Patrick Vieira and Thierry Henry were there. I was a bit too young when Eric Cantona was at Manchester United. But that Arsenal team was definitely the one I was watching. “It seems like a French team. The manager is French, we have African players who speak French and there is a lot of French talking everywhere.”