Southport Weekender

zeke

not me :(

reckon there will be pure cunts this year tho.

hitting parklife instead.

not me :(

reckon there will be pure cunts this year tho.

hitting parklife instead.

This is me..Im doin Parklife defo.

How can "Southport" Weekender not be in southport? 

I aint been since it moved but the veterans I know who went to the last one said it was sh*t compared to the old southport ones.

plus the chalet parties are what made the weekender different to any other festival/event.

Venue and setup is 100x better barring no propa chalet parties.

just the cunts have multiplied dramatically, man were rushing doors and robbing the little shops last year.

Suppose it was always gonna happen with the capacity doubling.

/

You reaching Parklife flo?

i cant really speak on the previous southports cause i've only been twice, but i think the organisation venue
(with suncebeat dome now) and line up's are really good.
Who cares about a chalet party they are fun and everything and they keep the mashupness/vibes going but i paid to see some of my favorite dj's throw it downn not people from the ends.

• 2 weeks later...

Reviews?

everyone sayin it was the shittest one so far

no chalet parties allowed gettin shut down by security and threathened to be evicted

to many hood niggas making the regulars feel shook

2 hour ques in the rain to get in to partys that have been prepaid security in no rush as the money has already been taken

hence man dem rushing the doors

generally the begining of the end

I always have an amazing time plus i'm too mash up so i don't notice the bullshit. This was my fb status on my experience:

southport highlights in summary: having a dance off with black coffee, lee foss & his death disco set, atjazz's beautiful closing set, monique bingham's mesmerizing performance, deniss ferrer, miguel campbell and those broken mash up tunes, karizma&spen doin their crayzay b2b's, the after parties on the beach and all the amazing music i felt bassing through me. Southport organisers you are wonderful peace also to all the lovely people i vibed&connected with thankyouu & goodnight.

they did look they were trying to stop the chalet parties but they still continued on the beach and it was badddd security didn't stop us from continuing it on the beach so it was like whatever. As a music geek it was facking heaven i also met kerri chandler, and rich medina just walking around on a humble one. Faze you woulda love Atjazz in sun&moon he f*cking killed it with some afro broken beats business.

The organizers proper work hard to ensure smoothness i never had to que for nothing. Funkbase on the other hand cause its small
looked like a joke I wanted to see mos def but dashed that when I saw the que. They need to get rid of funkbase anyway who's going all the
way up there for facking rnb.

I don't really give a fuck about the big names nowadays no time for that soulful shit anymore. So I hung about to hear if the chalet partys were gwaning after they were tryna lock them last year. My boy there phones me and all he said was, "dont bother."

Was reading a couple of the posts on facebook,

pure varying reviews, never seen so many negative posts......

was like that last year, lovely stuff.

Was reading a couple of the posts on facebook,

pure varying reviews, never seen so many negative posts......

I don't know what party goers want they never even searched our bags on entry and you could bring your drink in powerhouse (discreetly noone was searchin u like that) etc... after that i think it's up to us to create the vibes they provided all the good music ffs.

All the shuffler fools looked cool too i never saw no trouble even at the chalet when everyone's f*cked.

Don't know if ima reach next year probo will its their 50th but I wanna go ADE now.

arrrrrrrghhhhhhhh im so going next year mannnn

It was live don't believe the bullshit

Blackcoffee set it off nicely although I can't believe he was playing at 10pm on Friday. Dennis ferrer, karizma and spen were wicked as well. Lil Stevie, andy ward and kerri chandlers sets on Saturday afternoon in the dome were sick! Mos def was alright, EZ was EZ tore it down as per. Monique Bingham is sexy and her performance was very good. Pissed that I missed rodigan again. The chalet parties on the beach and at the back of the car park were decent too.

I really can't remember a lot of what happened....same again next year