Sky pundits? I would not trust those people to walk my dog,

Jens_Lengman

Roy Keane has launched a withering attack on Sky Sports presenters and pundits, branding them 'crazy' and accusing them of seeking to brainwash viewers.Sunderland boss Keane, incensed by televised criticism of both Arsenal and Portsmouth counterparts Arsene Wenger and Tony Adams this week, is so dismayed at what he sees as a culture of over-the-top analysis that it may even shorten his own managerial career.Boiling over: Keane has been angered by ex-players spouting on TVBoiling over: Keane has been angered by ex-players spouting on TV'Because of the industry now and the way it is, there are knee-jerk reactions and there seems to be a crisis at some sort of club every week. It's crazy,' said Keane.'I certainly don't see myself being in management as long as some of the others because of the media side of it, particularly Sky Sports.'A lot of punters are being brainwashed by what's real and what's not real and that gets to the players sometimes.'We're on about league tables after a week, teams losing two games and it's a crisis. That's constantly being thrown into people's faces.'There was a debate this week about Arsene Wenger. How crazy is that? What that man's done for the game - and we're giving these people air time. I wouldn't listen to these people in the pub, and yet they're on television constantly, explayers, ex-referees getting interviewed giving out their opinions. I wouldn't trust these people to walk my dog.'They're brainwashing people. People say it's good for the game. It's not good for the game, interviewing people about Arsene Wenger after what that man's done for English football. It's amazing.'Will Arsene Wenger be remembered in 100 years' time for what he has done for football? Bet your life he will. Will these people on the television be remembered for what they've achieved? None whatsoever.'I was asked by ITV to do the Celtic-Man U game but never again unless I fall on hard times. I think I've done it once for Sky but I'd rather go to the dentist.'You're sitting there with people like Richard Keys and they're trying to sell something that's not there. I tell people any time they watch a game to switch the commentators off, don't listen to experts, gather your own opinion.'Keane's outburst occurred after a Sky reporter asked him to comment on Wenger's attack on Stoke City's tactics last weekend.The Sunderland boss had made it clear before the Press conference that he was not willing to address the subject.Sky last night declined to comment but it is believed there is genuine unease at Sunderland that Keane has attacked the network, who can put around £26million into the coffers of the club every season and determine live matches which can bring a further £500,000 per game.In November 2005 while Manchester United captain, he gave a controversial interview on the club's own station, MUTV.He bitterly criticised record signing Rio Ferdinand and a group of younger players after a 4-1 defeat at Middlesbrough when United were struggling.The club decided to pull the interview, which was never aired, but it prompted his departure after 12 years at Old Trafford.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...s.html?ITO=1490some good points from keaneo still, views?

Been saying this for years...however i do like to hear what they say because that is what the average fan believes now.....i always make my own opinions, sometimes people think its outrageous but onlyy because they have been brainwashed by sky.

all they do is sell a product, their " match analysis" is another advert for sky its disgracefull tbh less knowledgable viewers take their analysis as fact when its all wash all i can do is LOL at Andy grayhe has the gall to say serie A and other leagues are inferior to the prembut he wouldnt answer questions that attest to the integrity of the refereeing in the league (wether certain teams get preferential treatment)mug

yh sorry posted in the wrong room i agree its mainly applies to the 'clueless' fans who cant form their own opinions and only go by andy gray's words as if he is the messiah of football, even though he does chat a lot of sense, people like lawreson and some them guys on sentena who have much more biased views are bigger culprits

lolKeane is the realest guy in football, serial disco doner.Some pundits chat sh*t and some chat sense, sometimes its just a difference of opinion.People laugh when I say it but one of the pundits/commentators who chats the most sense is David Pleat. He tends to give an unbiased view of the game and clearly has a wide knowledge of the game, the only problem is his age is catching up with him and he makes gaffes that leave you creasing so you tend to miss the realness he drops.