Walcott & van Persie new deals, and Wenger to raid Southampton again?

TF S4DK

Still paper talk for the minute...

THEO WALCOTT will open contract talks on a new £3million-a-year deal later this week.And his Arsenal team- mate Robin Van Persie is close to agreeing a four-year extension taking him to 2013.The Gunners are desperate to tie England star Walcott (right), 19, to a long-term deal.He has 18 months left on his current deal but such is his magnificent form for club and country, boss Arsene Wenger is ready to double his wages to £60,000-a-week.Walcott, a £12m signing from Southampton in January 2006, is happy at the Emirates despite Chelsea and Real Madrid interest.And it could be double delight for Wenger as Van Persie will snub Italian attention to pledge his future to the club.He wants to double his money to £80,000-a-week but Arsenal remain concerned he has had a major injury in each of his five seasons at the club.And it is also believed that he does not show up well in the psychological profiles Wenger puts such emphasis on.So a deal is likely to be struck at around £65,000-a- week for the striker, who is settled in Hertfordshire with his wife and child.
ARSENE WENGER shows no sign of altering his transfer policy - by lining up another young, inexperienced foreign star.The Arsenal boss will move for Southampton's French teenager Morgan Schneiderlin in the transfer window, having had his hand forced after growing interest from Manchester United and Tottenham.The 19-year-old defensive midfielder joined Saints from RC Strasbourg earlier this year but Wenger has followed his career for a long time and was thought to be happy that Schneiderlin would get experience at the Championship club.There were even rumours that there was an unwritten agreement the player would eventually join the Gunners.But Schneiderlin has made a big impact on the South Coast and that has alerted United and Spurs, while Fulham are also thought to be prepared to offer £5million for the France Under-19 captain.The lengthening queue of clubs means Wenger will have to bring forward his planned move for Schneiderlin, even though a rookie defensive midfielder would not seem to be at the top of an Emirates wanted list.

Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, linked with a move to Arsenal in the press, has revealed to setantasports.com in an exclusive interview that playing for the North London side would be a ‘dream’ to him.Arsene Wenger is believed to regard the 19-year-old as a highly promising player, and when asked about The Gunners’ interest in his services, the Frenchman expressed his excitement.Schneiderlin left Strasbourg at the end of last season and has already imposed himself within Saints’ team.And reports claim the midfielder’s impressive performances in The Championship could earn him a massive transfer to Emirates Stadium."I have heard about Arsenal’s interest in the press, and that is very exciting to be honest," Schneiderlin told setantasports.com.“But my agent is currently on holiday so I have not had the chance to speak with him, but I will when he returns. I am waiting to know what is going to happen.“Moving there? Yes, No, We will see if something is made to happen.“To be honest I feel good at Southampton, as I learnt a lot in 10 games. I am aware I must improve in some areas of my game, and Arsenal may be the best place to do it, but I can develop as a player at Southampton.“Seeing my name and Arsenal’s in the same phrase makes me happy, as their football is what I like watching. They are one of the clubs that a footballer cannot refuse to join.”Schneiderlin watched Arsenal’s entertaining 2-1 win over Manchester United and reckons it was a great show.“This was a crazy game, as the clashes between them are always magnificent," he enthused. "It was superb, a show, and Arsenal keep the same values.“When I see that I tell myself I must improve my football to reach the top level.”The youngster is happy with his move to Southampton and is settling well in England.“Daily life is great, I am adapting well, my English is better day-by-day and I have made friends,” he said. “I am very happy, this is a different culture and English football is special.“I do not know if I will remain in England during my entire career, because footballers are meant to move, but why not, as The Premier League is the best championship.”
Morgan Schneiderlin’s agent has confirmed to setantasports.com that the Southampton starlet has been approached by Premier League clubs willing to sign the Frenchman this winter.The 19-year-old midfielder told us on Monday how excited he is to be linked with Arsenal, and his representative has added that other top-flight clubs have contacted him.But Richard des Voeux refused to name the interested parties, as he thinks such revelations could make any possible deal collapse.The agent did admit that a January move to a Premier League club is an option for the Saints powerhouse.“I have had interesting discussions with Premier League clubs and a few of them are following Morgan actively, whereas nothing has been agreed yet,” Des Voeux told setantasports.com.“A January move is possible, as people who have been speaking with me are very interested in doing a deal.“To be honest, it is difficult to confirm any specific club, because you know that clubs don’t like to be named in big media like yours when they are keen on a player."