The Kids

HangTheDJ

The British ones.What ones do you think will make it?Obviously Wilshere and Ramsey look class from what I've seen.What about Simpson, Gibbs, Hoyte, Randall etc, do you think they are gonna be playing for England in the future? Or are they unlikely to have the required quality to make it at the highest level?Are there any others coming through that I have missed?

Jack Wilshere seems the obvious one, to go all the way and be a international, wouldnt suprise me at all if he was pushing for a going World Cup. Dunno about him going into the middle tho, but Wenger is talking about how he'll compliment Fabregas well, smh.Aaron Ramsey obivously as he was a purchase. Just got called up to Wales squad. Played in the Championship, Prem & Champions League.Gavin Hoyte sadly will go the same route as his brother at Arsenal IMO, but going the same as Justin is still a career of ultimately playing in the U21s & the Prem.Kieran Gibbs at Arsenal depends on how he adapts to life at left back & Armand Traore.Mark Randall, is touch and go, IMO will definately spend the majority of his career in The Prem, he has to be patient tho & not seek the desire to just play & go anywhere. At Arsenal he has to hope he doesnt drop too far behind the ones that are already in front of him & the ones that will over take him. Basically take your chances & even then...You aint seen Henri Lansbury really in this Carling Cup run, he was involved from the bench in last seasons so technically then he was ahead of the ones like Randall, Wilshere, etc... but his illness f*cked him up so now he behind all of them. Plus he too concerned with his hair styles so I think it gonna go belly up for him, altho he was the hotly tipped one not long ago.To me Simpson seems a Championship player, but he taking his chances.Then there is still Luke Freeman, Rhys Murphy, Jay Thomas, Ogogo & a couple more that the club dont wanna bait up the names that are tipped to swiftly more from U-16s to reserves like Wilshere did.But ultimately its just Wilshere & Ramsey, as the "sure things" & both are technically in the first team squad already.

I think Randall & Lansbury stand a good chance. Reason being I think Wenger has a better understanding of English players instincts now and realises he was maybe a bit too rash with his decisions with previous youngers like Bentley & Pennant. He constantly strokes their egos publically too now, more than he ever did in the past.

Arsenal's academy will probably be the first since Man Utd's early 90's one that will produce half a team of europe/world class players. Just like any sport, only 1 or 2 will turn into superstars while half will make a decent living and the rest will fade into obscurity.Lots of people are judging the kids based on watching a couple of Carling Cup games and a few Youtube videos. I only really trust the opinion of those who have seen these players perform week in week out. I've seen quite a few youth/reserve games plus read the opinions of some of the backstaff and I would say the following are going to have stable Premiership careers.RamseyVelaWilshereGibbsSimpsonHenri Lansbury