Sign in to follow this  
Captain Planet

Maths people...

p(x)=6x³-7x²+1 has factors (x-1) and (2x-1) express p(x) as a product of 3 linear factors.I got (x-1)(2x-1)(3x+1) I'm bare silly. Hence solve the equation:6e³ʸ-7e²ʸ+1=0Should I just rearrange and take ln of each side?Maths is gay :(.

Factorising the cubic equation gave you a straightforward way to express the exponential function.I think you just substitute x as e(y) in the factorised form[ e(y) - 1 ] [ 2e(y) - 1 ] [ 3e(y) + 1] = 0Equate each part to zero and solve for yDisclaimer: haven't done maths for many a year.

I'd love to know all this sh*t just for the sake of knowing itBut i really aint got the patience for maths
AgreedIt would be lovely to know.

Dont think You have to solve for exponential, just e.Basically what superstition said and with my answer.Done deal.

p(x)=6x³-7x²+1 has factors (x-1) and (2x-1) express p(x) as a product of 3 linear factors.I got (x-1)(2x-1)(3x+1) I'm bare silly. Hence solve the equation:6e³ʸ-7e²ʸ+1=0Should I just rearrange and take ln of each side?Maths is gay :(.
basically had the answer just swap the x for e^yit's really easy to over complicate things in maths

i understand the

p(x)=6x³-7x²+1 has factors (x-1) and (2x-1) express p(x) as a product of 3 linear factors.
bit but what the f*ck the rest means i have no clue. what are e's and y's in this i completely dont know.ohhhh just clocked. easythe way i had no flipping idea what i was supposed to do with any of that sh*t for about 40seconds >>>>

sh*t, just reminded me of something I was supposed to do for someone.
wot? how did that remind u? unless u forgot u was supposed to design a quantum accelerator for someone.