D Double E

The Somalian

D Double E biggest failure in Grime?

My brother made a good point to me last night he said to me that dee is grimes biggest failuresaying that the biggest thing he has ever done was fwd riddim when at his peakhe was as popular as dizzee everyone knew his bars all the boys and girls and with hishype he has not really done anything?Do you think dizzee noticed dee's popularity and signed him to put him on ice :lol: (obviously not)do you agree ?because i was thinking about what he said and agreed because dee's potential was phenomanal

• Upvote 1

ye he was THAT mc back in the day.and its a shame he didnt really go anywer with all that hype. it may be cos of dizzie and dirtee stank or woteva...but the reason that looks more obvious to me is that, the game changed and left him behind. when it started gettin all about deep bars and metaphors and stuff he just wasnt on the same level as other heads (on dis aspect). u can see it in his freestyle on one of the lord of the decks (cant remember which one) he came wid these new bars that were more complex by his standards, rather than catchy hooks and flow focused stuff.kinda sums up grime tho.

without a doubt he is a legend he has done tours and all that throughout the world the point im putting across in his absoulute peak he was just as popular as dizzeed izzee has gone on to great things we all knowand dee had the potential to be where dizzee is now instead he is the supporting act instead of the headlinerwhich is ashame

i agree.but i feel it's of no fault of his own.he was managed badly.plus during that time NO-ONE except Dizzee and J2K (wide one) knew what it took to get signed etc.it's a shame though cause as others have pointed out he WAS THAT GUY.no-one could touch him.i remember when i first heard him i wasn't feeling him too tuff.then one older in the bits blessed me with a tape that i still cherish till this day. madness!

As selfish as it sounds I'm glad D Double didn't amount to much mainstream wiseThe fact is he's an undeniable underground legend, and gets ratings from EVERYBODY in the scene, from MCs (Kano, Tinchy, Ghetto) to producers, and of course the listenersI don't think there's anyone in the scene as well-respected, not to mention he's living very nicely from bookings etc. so the urge to blow isn't really there either

As selfish as it sounds I'm glad D Double didn't amount to much mainstream wiseThe fact is he's an undeniable underground legend, and gets ratings from EVERYBODY in the scene, from MCs (Kano, Tinchy, Ghetto) to producers, and of course the listenersI don't think there's anyone in the scene as well-respected, not to mention he's living very nicely from bookings etc. so the urge to blow isn't really there either
co-f*ck*ng-signed

BIG POST!

dee is a very humble guy. he simply isn't one of these fame hungry rappers that the "scene" is polluted with today. he is a true music man and there aint many of them in grime. for me, dizee is a failure... i don't listen to none of his music no more, the old cd's were good but now hes garbage. i think only 1 hard tune was made by dizee in recent years: wheres the g's.if more people were there 4 the music and stayed real and didn't try 2 imitate what they see on TV then grime may have a small thread of life left in it today. fact is people are too fake and plastic, the fact that u think he is a failure is just a reflection of this. from when u can live off music and stay true to yourself and be recognized as the biggest MC in grime from its inception to its dying day without even releasing a single album you are a flippin badman. about failure u plum.so big up d double every time cause man is real in music and everywhere else.

thank youi dnt wanna hear any washed out commerical tunes or image, we know grime dont work mainstream, kept it raw like rwanda undergroundeternal ratings

dee is a very humble guy. he simply isn't one of these fame hungry rappers that the "scene" is polluted with today. he is a true music man and there aint many of them in grime. for me, dizee is a failure... i don't listen to none of his music no more, the old cd's were good but now hes garbage. i think only 1 hard tune was made by dizee in recent years: wheres the g's.if more people were there 4 the music and stayed real and didn't try 2 imitate what they see on TV then grime may have a small thread of life left in it today. fact is people are too fake and plastic, the fact that u think he is a failure is just a reflection of this. from when u can live off music and stay true to yourself and be recognized as the biggest MC in grime from its inception to its dying day without even releasing a single album you are a flippin badman. about failure u plum.so big up d double every time cause man is real in music and everywhere else.
Big statement dere.

nail on the head.

Some very big statements and it is good he stuck to the roots of how the I'm underground scene movesWhich for me is a big thingBut like my brother said he had the potential to be on a bigger stage than he is at the momentNever the less I have respect for this guy because he has gone around theworld pushing the real grime sound

what im sayin
Big statement dere.

tbh he has done quite a bit, all the bookings and the touring round the world but it just dnt seem as noteable as it shud cos it was in dizzie's shadow as a supporting act.he was the best in grimes early days, the way frontline got rinsed was alot...but i dunno if its fair to call him a failure, cos he had potential, but potential to do what? get signed and focus on mainstream audience? that wasnt his aim with the music, but that was the collective aim of the genre which is partly wot f*cked it up. it was underground music that the mc's doing it wanted to be mainstream music, cos of money.f*ck all dat. he had potential, but not to be wot dizzie is but to be the king of a worldwide underground scene.