D Double E

The Somalian

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lets be honest here d double e's lyrical ability and speech impediment is what made him so sick. but i don't know how you would market a guy that says signal as "sig-aaahhh-nuulll".

that said i still think he is a prime example of grime's distinctiveness. word play and delivery over lyrical content, can make for a sick ceremonial master. grime's golden era was about the most entertaining mc, the new stuff is more bars and flow.

in a similar vein, shouts to pres t, he doesn't get enough props.

/

one i don't get is when i hear dons talking about crazy T like he is a living legend, i proper don't get it - i was watching the scene while he was about and at the time he didn't seem like he had that trajectory. nor would i class him as a legend. 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Greens said:

D double was all about the uniqueness of his voice and flow. Would never class him as having anything than average lyrical ability.

Titch would of had the same career as Tempa, pure hype tunes. 

titch already showed his ability as an aartist/ songwriter with sing along 

in todays climate that wouldve gone far 

8 minutes ago, JOHN DOE said:

titch already showed his ability as an aartist/ songwriter with sing along 

in todays climate that wouldve gone far 

Deffo would be killing festivals and would have made a comfortable living.  

Gype Riddim >>

Surprised no one has used it in the current music especially with the influx of flute influence type beats.

• 8 months later...

He is a legend. He saw his lane and stayed in it. His lane was and still is raves and shows on a medium scale. Dizzee may do a large show and let's say get 30 to 50k for 1 or 2 days. Dee will do a weeks worth of smaller shows and get about the same money.

Fame wise, I don't think he cares too much for that. I would not be surprised if he holds down an executive job but also is still an artist. He's definitely a in the 6 figure salary region though.

Just because you hear and see a lot of Diz, Kano, Wiley... does not mean Dee is not in the background pulling a few strings, advising, recruiting, involved in many parts of several artists projects and journeys. You need a dudes like Dee in the game

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Debut album dropped today

?