Arsenal v Aston Villa, Saturday 15th November, KO 3pm

TF S4DK

Arsène Wenger has to decide on the fitness of Manuel Almunia and Emmanuel Adebayor ahead of the weekend clash with Aston Villa at Emirates Stadium.The Arsenal keeper is still recovering from the head injury he suffered against Manchester United last Saturday. The 31-year-old has returned to training but he needs to be fully tested in a match scenario. That will happen on Friday. Until then he is 70:30 to play.Adebayor’s chances are slightly more remote but it is still very possible the Togolese striker could return after missing the last three games with an ankle injury. He is rated at 50:50.Robin van Persie (suspension) and Emmanuel Eboue (knee) will be missing again.“We will assess the situation of Adebayor on Friday,” Wenger told Arsenal TV Online on Thursday afternoon. “He is 50:50.“We have to assess Almunia too. He got that knock on his head against Manchester United and until now we have not exposed him. He has to go into a normal game [in training] to see how he deals with it. So he is 70:30 at the moment.“Van Persie is still suspended and Eboue is not fit.”
I heard Carew is a doubt, which is great if he out.

You never know wether MON's bluffing or not with Big John.As if he's not available, we will have to completely re-arrange our attack, so making him out to be worse off than he is could lead to you preparing for something else.We need him though.Stan Petrov being back is such a boost, he's been our player of the season thus far, only player in midfield who can put his foot on the ball (as Barry has suddenly become anonymous).We missed Stan last two games.If we're gonna get something we need Friedel, Barry and Petrov (if hes fit enough to come straight back in) to have top games, hope Carew (if he plays) can dominate your back two and Gabby and Ashley can hit you on the counter.Hopefully Laursen will cause you a few problems on set pieces too...Either way I see Arsenal winning, I think we'll do OK though, 2/3-1 Arse. I just hope we score first so we have something to celebrate.Team I'm hoping for (* = doubt):Friedel,Young*, Laursen, Davies, Shorey,Milner, Petrov*, Barry, Young,Carew*, Agbonlahor.BUT, if Carews out he will most likely put Nige in, go 4-5-1, move Milner to the left and play Ashley off Gabby, or he might just go 4-4-2 and put Nige wide right and Milner upfront.And Cuellar could easily play right back, or even instead of Davies, as we're still yet to see what his preferred defence is.