David "Haymaker" Haye vs. Monte "Two Gunz (no Perico)" Barrett

Numero001

Monte Barrett launched a remarkable tirade of abuse at David Haye and his promotion of their heavyweight clash at the O2 Arena in London on Saturday night. The fight represents former cruiserweight champion Haye's second experience in the heavyweight division but one that he hopes will propel him to a world title challenge in 2009.But his American opponent, who challenged WBA champion Nicolay Valuev for the title in 2006, insists he will send the Londoner into early retirement and make him pay for what he says is a sloppy preparation for their 12-round encounter."This fight is going to be stopped, I tell you," he said. "Somebody's going home in a body bag and it's not me. David says he's going to quit boxing if I beat him, then he can work on his promotion company because right now it's s***."Barrett laid into Hayemaker promotions and Haye's trainer and mentor Adam Booth for his shoddy treatment leading up to the fight."I respect David for taking me on but as a fighter with a promotional company you've got to treat the fighters right," he continued."We have no signed contract for this fight. I know David wants it just as bad as I do but there's a rematch clause in the contract and I want to tell David man to man, once I knock you out I'll give you a rematch but I don't see why I should do it for less money than I'm getting now?"This is about business. They've got me in a s***** hotel, they had me fly here business class, not first, and I'm a heavyweight but they give me £30 a day to eat. It costs me £22 for dinner. I'm in a 14 by 14 room."Adam is wearing too many hats. You're the trainer, you're the manager, you're the promoter and you're the friend. You've got to cut one of those hats out."Then he turned on Haye's American sparring partners Terry Smith and Zuri Lawrence, claiming: "They're no good. I knocked Lawrence out cold for 15 minutes in training and Smith too. I'm no joke man."However, Haye was largely unmoved throughout, and is clearly intent on making a statement to the boxing world on Saturday."It will be sorted on Saturday night when you get stretchered out," he said. "I don't want you to go in there and run, I want you to stand and fight like a man because I want to knock you out."Afterwards, Haye reflected further on Barrett's abusive comments, adding: "It's pretty sad really and just confirms he's not the mean, rugged guy that he's made out."He claims he's this warrior then spends 15 minutes moaning about everything. It seems like he's looking for a way out."People thought I was an exciting, entertaining fighter at cruiserweight but you haven't seen anything yet."
Whats everyone saying for this fight? Every boxing fan that cares about the sport needs Haye to win, regardless of whether you feel he has a glass jaw or too cocky, he has the potential to Mike Tyson the Heavyweight division and get the masses back on board.As we've already seen this year, Lil Wayne, Bolt, Hamilton and Obama have all made us care about something we had either lost interest in, or were fully on board the bandwagon in the opposite direction. Haye brings KOs, skill to a dead division. Whats more, the girls will love him which will mean newspaper space/TV time in slot foreign to most boxers. With Calzaghe retiring/retired, Hatton has about 3 fights left in him and Khan exposed, he's also the only credible UK fighter.Hopefully, Haye KOs his claart. Been saying he's the man to watch for a very, very long time. Always been confused as to why Warren never picked him up, but it's deffo for the better than Frank "Protect Fighters" Warren.Rumours are, if he wins, they'll line him up for Wlad Klitsh. Vitali will be in Setanta studio's scouting. He'll have up Wlad, Vitali will prove the real testDisclaimer: By first step, I mean first proper step, not a one fight and back down to knock Macarenneli's head off ting.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

davud haye is reppin

That said, it's still a sad state of affairs that some overrated (or should that be over hyped?) Englishman (Haye) who isn't even a natural heavy and has a suspect chin, should be the one to carry the heavyweight flag.Bring back Big Daddy please!
Evander wasnt a natural Heavy though, and who would argue that he has not been one of the greatest heavyweight of the last 20 years? In related news, he's fighting for a World Title on Dec 20 SMH.Whats going on?As far as this suspect chin talk, I dont really hear that, in all honesty. Both Carl Thompson and Jean-Marc can bang. He adopted the wrong stategy against Thompson and tired himself trying, and obviously failing in his efforts to look impressive for the crowd. With Mormeck, he got up and banged him out. Sometimes, I feel like if you havent got a iron-cast chin, people assume its glass/suspect. Now I've said this, he'll probably get KO'd by a guy who isnt a noted puncher lol. But real talk, I dont think its that suspect, just not solid.I hear your point though. Its everything opposite to whats supposed to be the flag bearer.Do you personally feel he is overrated? If so, how?

That said, it's still a sad state of affairs that some overrated (or should that be over hyped?) Englishman (Haye) who isn't even a natural heavy and has a suspect chin, should be the one to carry the heavyweight flag.Bring back Big Daddy please!
Evander wasnt a natural Heavy though, and who would argue that he has not been one of the greatest heavyweight of the last 20 years? In related news, he's fighting for a World Title on Dec 20 SMH.Whats going on?As far as this suspect chin talk, I dont really hear that, in all honesty. Both Carl Thompson and Jean-Marc can bang. He adopted the wrong stategy against Thompson and tired himself trying, and obviously failing in his efforts to look impressive for the crowd. With Mormeck, he got up and banged him out. Sometimes, I feel like if you havent got a iron-cast chin, people assume its glass/suspect. Now I've said this, he'll probably get KO'd by a guy who isnt a noted puncher lol. But real talk, I dont think its that suspect, just not solid.I hear your point though. Its everything opposite to whats supposed to be the flag bearer.Do you personally feel he is overrated? If so, how?
You missed one name of the list of knockdowns...Lolenga Mock (you'll have asked yourself, "who's that?")I'll answer the rest later...I'm now off the the boxing gym myself!!!

David Haye is an exciting fighter. Big, strong guy but best of all is hes an offensive fighter with great speed. That's the opposite to the now stereotypical slow, defensive heavyweight fighters we're used to seeing.Haye's jaw has me nervous though when watching him fight. When he fought Jean-Marc Mormeck I remember he looked like he was gonna get KO'd.

i saw haye fight at york hall like 4 years ago and he has come along way *also upped weight etc*I still think he runs his mouth 2 much which i do find funny but i think klitchko will bang him when they fight *if it happens i dont know*. Tonight will definitely be a indication of what he can do much more in this weight class.What time is his fight approximately?