organising a event

PopT

Have you ever put a night on at a club before or know some who has if so keep reading and answer my questions please.... In March i am looking to put on my own event but i need a little helpHow Does Putting On a night in a club work?How does paying the club for the premises normally work?If i am organising the night do I supply drinks or do the club and that’s how they take profitSay I was to book someone like Mac 10, Ace n Vis, and Rampage (not all of them for that one night individually How much do you think they will charge? ... (Tinchy Stryder)Do you normally pay the DJs and artist upfront?Does The Club usually pay for security?Would I go to the bank asking for a loan?How Much Is spent on promotion... well flyers?is the return usually good

This is nothing but a plan.... I think it’s a good idea because i am doing a music industry management course at univeristy at the moment..... and when I graduate I want to be doing bigger things like festivals and live events... errm the night is catered for students that I plan to put on I see a niche there is 3 universities in a 5 mile radius and I see money as well I just need help... thanks for all you lots feedback thou...

how ive experinced it, both doing a few nights and more recently working in a clubyou pay for a venue and take all the money you earn on the door, tho some may want say 5%they keep all the money from the bar, and they obviously supply the stock.security should be factored into to the hire of the venue, but we have had to charge extra if there is a greater risk of trouble. if you break it you pay for it, last month i invoiced a dj who spilt a drink on the cdj cost of booking acts varies, a guy who i worked for book jazzy jeff for £800 as he had a 2 day break in his uk tour and was relly just an extra £800, Kate Lawler was around £1,000 layo and bushwacka were nearly £3000 (rip off) (these were not booked for my nights)promoting a night is expensive, i only did 3 nights in a 200 capacity bar and had 150 inside, after all was said and done i made f*ck all profitEDIT- i never took it too seriously, just wanted to put good music on, outside in the summer so wasnt too bothered about making P

Ring the club, ask them if they wil put on the event and talk prices.They should probably give you some deal whereby you only pay a fee of about £500 or so, as long as you book the venue for a certain amount of people (the more people = lower cost to you, cos they make more off the bar). Club should take care of security etc.Sell tickets/charge on the door and that's where you make your money. Make sure you work out the price based on how many you REALISTICALLY think will attend, then take 10% off that and set the price accordingly. You're best to make your first one a cheap night, then if it's live and people would be keen to attend a next one you can raise your ticket price.Got no idea how much Mak10 or Stryder charge, but I wouldn't advise putting on a grime night if you wanna make a profit.

I've put on many events & have plenty of experience. Organisation is KEY.1. Decide on a date/possible clubs/events to have it in & book it (it should reflect your clientelle). Have a budget, provisionally book all the DJ's/Mc's/Artists. Insist on paying dj's with tickets, the big names will want p but most of them will be cool with tickets, just work something out.A deposit will be needed & the rest will have to be paid 2/3 weeks before your event. Depending on where your event is, you will also need to submitt a risk assessment form which requires you to know REAL names/addresses/dob of all DJ's/MC'S/Performers on the night. Again depending on where you book, the club bosses will already have most of their details.2. Confirm (with contracts if poss) all the DJ'S/MC'S/ARTISTS or any other person/equipment needed on the night. Get your flyers done, get your tickets done, get your radio adverts done, free promo cd, t-shirts & HAVE SOME DEALS LIKE buy 5 tickets get 2 free etc basically all things required to promote. Get some good free dj's JUST incase. Look at other ppl's event flyers for things you may have missed.3. THE MOST IMPORTANT.Promote, plug, advertise like crazy. This is what will make you the money. Use all the online promo sites like urban world, time2rave etc. Hit up people on myspace/facebook/facepic etc with flyers. Get the youngers on board on forums, mobs etc.Get one of dem online mobile texting accounts & hit ppl's mobile, send e-flyers to e-mail addresses. Get flyers on road, posters in strategice places, barber shops, record shops, give some to the venue too. Do all this minimum 6 weeks before event & INTENSE the promotion as you get closer to the actual event.4. Make sure you all contact details of everyone, dj's/mc's. On the night make sure you have plenty of change, dem fake note detector pens, someone you TRUST 100% on the door. Move the money out of the till to somewhere else when it hits say £300 but keep change about.If your the hnic, try NOT to be near the door when the doors open coz bare ppl you know or not will be asking for freeness but be close by.5. Have a schedule of the night & make sure entertainers follow it coz this could cause problems. Remember you have paid for some dj's, them not playing or just playing for a shorter time is bless with them but not money well spent for you.6. On the night have a mailing list, give aways etcOff the top that's all I can think of now but good luck.

I've put on many events & have plenty of experience. Organisation is KEY.1. Decide on a date/possible clubs/events to have it in & book it (it should reflect your clientelle). Have a budget, provisionally book all the DJ's/Mc's/Artists. Insist on paying dj's with tickets, the big names will want p but most of them will be cool with tickets, just work something out.A deposit will be needed & the rest will have to be paid 2/3 weeks before your event. Depending on where your event is, you will also need to submitt a risk assessment form which requires you to know REAL names/addresses/dob of all DJ's/MC'S/Performers on the night. Again depending on where you book, the club bosses will already have most of their details.2. Confirm (with contracts if poss) all the DJ'S/MC'S/ARTISTS or any other person/equipment needed on the night. Get your flyers done, get your tickets done, get your radio adverts done, free promo cd, t-shirts & HAVE SOME DEALS LIKE buy 5 tickets get 2 free etc basically all things required to promote. Get some good free dj's JUST incase. Look at other ppl's event flyers for things you may have missed.3. THE MOST IMPORTANT.Promote, plug, advertise like crazy. This is what will make you the money. Use all the online promo sites like urban world, time2rave etc. Hit up people on myspace/facebook/facepic etc with flyers. Get the youngers on board on forums, mobs etc.Get one of dem online mobile texting accounts & hit ppl's mobile, send e-flyers to e-mail addresses. Get flyers on road, posters in strategice places, barber shops, record shops, give some to the venue too. Do all this minimum 6 weeks before event & INTENSE the promotion as you get closer to the actual event.4. Make sure you all contact details of everyone, dj's/mc's. On the night make sure you have plenty of change, dem fake note detector pens, someone you TRUST 100% on the door. Move the money out of the till to somewhere else when it hits say £300 but keep change about.If your the hnic, try NOT to be near the door when the doors open coz bare ppl you know or not will be asking for freeness but be close by.5. Have a schedule of the night & make sure entertainers follow it coz this could cause problems. Remember you have paid for some dj's, them not playing or just playing for a shorter time is bless with them but not money well spent for you.6. On the night have a mailing list, give aways etcOff the top that's all I can think of now but good luck.
what he said.

Goddaz knows...i got tinchy for £125 but thats only cos i know some of his people at UEL...RAMPAGE i do not rate and for ALL of them 'YOU' are looking @ £400+. best to go through someone who has booked them b3fore or knows them as you will get blessed.Ace & VIs again i think are sh*t but about £200....but you can knock them down!promotion....all i can say is FACEBOOK IS A GOD SENT! FACEBOOK PROMOTION IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE FORM OF PROMOTION....I DO NOT CARE....profession flyer designs can range from £30 - £125 and a5 flyers about 5000 would be around £250/£300 to print...i advise a ratio of 1000 flyers for every 100 people you want.... so if your club is a 600 capacity club go for 6000 flyers....goddaz pretty much said the rest....oh yeah never except a dj's 1st price!!! NEVER!