2nd Life Ruins Real Life

Gambino

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1929886.eceA FAN of online virtual reality game Second Life is being divorced as a love cheat — after his wife caught his cyber character having sex with a woman stranger’s.David Pollard’s shocked missus walked out on him in tears over the fling between his randy computer “self” and the other player’s busty two-dimensional hooker.Last night she accused the 40-year-old of being so besotted in real life that he had asked her love rival’s creator — whom he has never seen — to become his second WIFE.BetrayalHeartbroken Amy, 28, who wed him after they met in a chatroom five years ago, fumed after filing for divorce: “It’s the ultimate betrayal.“The solicitor wasn’t at all surprised — she said it was her second divorce case involving Second Life that week.”About 15million fans play the game in which they create online alter egos who live full lives, including having jobs, relationships and children.Amy’s divorce cites the fictional flings as “unreasonable behaviour”.She told how she and 20st David — who is jobless — met in a Yahoo chatroom in May 2003.After six months of emails and phone calls she quit London and moved into his flat in Newquay, Cornwall.They would both play Second Life — and in the game their humble register office wedding in July 2005 was turned into a Beckham-style extravaganza.But before long, Amy — who named her character Laura Skye — grew to fear that her husband’s, called David Barmy, was up to no good.She said: “He never did anything in real life.“But I had my suspicions about what he was doing in Second Life.”Hitch ... Second Life version of couple's humble weddingHitch ... Second Life version of couple's humble weddingShe caught the character having sex with the hooker in February — and hired an online DETECTIVE to investigate.Amy said: “I went mad — I was so hurt. It’s cheating as far as I’m concerned. We made up after he promised never to cheat on me again.“But two months later I caught him cuddling a woman on a sofa in the game.“I ended up going off to his mum and dad’s in floods of tears. He confessed he’d been talking to this woman player in America — then said our marriage was over.”The couple have already “divorced” in Second Life.Amy, who has now found a new fella via the game World Of Warcraft, claimed David and the woman in the US had agreed to wed.He insisted: “I don’t think I was really doing anything wrong.”David’s online self has now hooked up with a NEW avatar — named Modesty McDonnell.nbsv3r.jpg2hftbiv.jpg24pynv4.jpg

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1929886.ece
Heartbroken Amy, 28, who wed him after they met in a chatroom five years ago, fumed after filing for divorce: “It’s the ultimate betrayal.
After six months of emails and phone calls she quit London and moved into his flat in Newquay, Cornwall.
They would both play Second Life — and in the game their humble register office wedding in July 2005 was turned into a Beckham-style extravaganza.But before long, Amy — who named her character Laura Skye — grew to fear that her husband’s, called David Barmy, was up to no good.She said: “He never did anything in real life.“But I had my suspicions about what he was doing in Second Life.”
The couple have already “divorced” in Second Life.
Amy, who has now found a new fella via the game World Of Warcraft, claimed David and the woman in the US had agreed to wed.
He insisted: “I don’t think I was really doing anything wrong.”David’s online self has now hooked up with a NEW avatar — named Modesty McDonnell.
HOW SAD.