What songs...

Fuschia

well im going to my dads funeral in 3weeks time and i want to sing a song for him.i want to do this because he knows i can sing and he´s asked me if i would sing on his funeral when i was in year 7 or 8and now the time has come i´m more then shook because its just soo unexpected and im lost i dont even know what songs there are to sing at a funeral :( so...im kinda asking u lot to help me find any songs, would be very much appreciatedthanks in advance guys

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DN Braund
I heard there was a secret chordthat david played and it pleased the lordbut you don't really care for music, do youwell it goes like this the fourth, the fifththe minor fall and the major liftthe baffled king composing hallelujahhallelujah...well your faith was strong but you needed proofyou saw her bathing on the roofher beauty and the moonlight overthrew youshe tied you to her kitchen chairshe broke your throne and she cut your hairand from your lips she drew the hallelujahhallelujah...baby i've been here beforei've seen this room and i've walked this floori used to live alone before i knew youi've seen your flag on the marble archbut love is not a victory marchit's a cold and it's a broken hallelujahhallelujah...well there was a time when you let me knowwhat's really going on belowbut now you never show that to me do youbut remember when i moved in youand the holy dove was moving tooand every breath we drew was hallelujahwell, maybe there's a god abovebut all i've ever learned from lovewas how to shoot somebody who outdrew youit's not a cry that you hear at nightit's not somebody who's seen the lightit's a cold and it's a broken hallelujahhallelujah...

Wow, sorry to hear that. My condolences to your fam. If you remember any of your Dad's favourite songs you should just sing one that is soulful and you feel will touch people.Just had a quick search through itunes and found these. Maybe they would be right for you.Musiq - You Be Alright (from Aijuswanaseing)Kelly Price - Don't Say Goodbye (from Soul Of A Woman)Floetry - Now You're Gone (from Floetic)Donny Hathaway - A Song For You (from A Donny Hathaway Collection) [listen to it first to see if you feel it would be appropriate but it's a beautiful song]I reckon if you had some people to do the backing vocals it would sound better.My condolences again.