FAO Car Heads...

Guest DN Braund

Guest DN Braund

i wanna put a second battery in the boot of my car to run a computer...will i need to somehow connect this to the original battery at the front asnd the engine or whatever?or can it just be back there

Durrty depending on how much usage this will get.It will probably be counter productive.Your alternator's lifespan will be rapidly reduced depending on how you hook it up.What equipment do you wanna run in the van?In any case remember the negative goes to grounding point. And the positive to positive.

Guest DN Braund

i jus wanna runa computer and was told it may eat into my main batterydo i need to conenct the second battery to the main battery or can i just have it in the back connected tot he computer?

You're best bet might just to be to upgrade your battery/alternator etc. to some high powered ones...It would be cheaper and would give you less hassle/more room for expansion if you eventually did need more power..But if you still wanted to.You'll need a battery isolator.This lets your alternator charge both batteries at the same time, without one draining the other and ballsing up your ancillary functions in the car etc.Most people who have two batteries are running some serious sh*t though, so have one battery for the car/air con/accessories etc., and the other for purely ICE.But you're going to need to upgrade your alternator anyway, because it will have to work harder to charge 2 batteries at the same time as opposed to just one.

Guest DN Braund

whats this sayin tho?http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INTELLIGENT-Voltage-...1742.m153.l1262havin a computer in there so i can play all my music n music videos, direct ipod connection so i can control my ipod through the touch screen, n also monitor the cars health through the OBD II sh*tbut mainly just for fun, plus i cud download all my music through wifi from outside my house before i leave without havin 2 burn CDs or put music on the ipod or whatever n also conect my fones to it usin bluetooth so i can use the entire ystem as ahandsfree thingbut main thing im jus doin it coz i can

I went to a local car meet once and some guy had a megane with a computer and 4 screenshis set up was different as everything was running off the car battery, but because it was a diesel and him keeping the engine running it wasnt a problem for his carhowever i went to another meet and some chinese boy done the same thing with his ICE, this time in a petrol car, but had a second battery in the boot which was getting recharged by the main battery while in usehe was looking to sell his ICE cause it was more hassle for himdurty if ur gonna get a battery, get a diesel one or a yellow top onethere durable and ideal for your plans

Guest DN Braund

so basically itll b easier for me to just use the existing battery? or buy a more powerful one or whatever?the power supply on the PC will be 125w MAX n the amp will be pretty sh*t n a bog standard cd player (to control the sound from the computer)buyin a battery every so often isnt a thing for meplus i changed the battery to a new one a few weeks agocan u link me to a battery i should get?

i wanna put a second battery in the boot of my car to run a computer...will i need to somehow connect this to the original battery at the front asnd the engine or whatever?or can it just be back there
not sure you know but i do know you will need a second alternator for that second battery.tbh it seems long this is one of them times when you need an asian friend in east london that boosts cars.if ya this much into cars one of these friends is a must tbh.

If you get a yellow top battery you wont need a second onethe way they work is that after the engine has switched off, you can basically use the battery up until its nearly low (which take hours to drain) then once you start the engine up and recharge you will top up the batterys life without loosing any cells