Ludacris - Theater Of The Mind

MrJibbles

Theater_of_the_Mind.jpg1. "Intro" The Runners 2. "Undisputed" (feat. Floyd Mayweather) Don Cannon 4:363. "Wish You Would" (feat. T.I.) DJ Toomp 4:504. "One More Drink" (feat. T-Pain) Trackmasters 3:435. "Call Up The Homies" (feat. The Game & Willy Northpole) Clinton Sparks 4:066. "Southern Gangsta" (feat. Rick Ross, Playaz Circle & Ving Rhames) StreetRunner 7. "Everybody Hates Chris" (feat. Chris Rock) Don Cannon 8. "What Them Girls Like" (feat. Chris Brown & Sean Garrett) Darkchild 4:069. "Nasty Girl" (feat. Plies) Swizz Beatz 10. "Contagious" (feat. Jamie Foxx) Scott Storch 11. "Last Of A Dying Breed" (feat. Lil Wayne) Wyldfyer 4:0712. "MVP" DJ Premier 13. "I Do It For Hip-Hop" (feat. Nas & Jay-Z) Wyldfyer 5:2214. "Do The Right Thang" (feat. Common & Spike Lee) 9th Wonder 4:36Can't be arsed to find links for loads of the tracks that leaked. "I Do It For Hip-Hop" with Nas and Jay-Z did hit the net the other night.Album released 24th November, will leak during the week, so post away on what you've heard so far and the album reviews when it drops.Luda is back!

Guest DN Braund

Undisputed is f*ckin largeonly other track i've heard is one more drinkits mehsee the other 2 singles he put out but anytime i see anything with them wack guys like Chris Brown or whatever i immediately avoid it coz i know its jus gonn ab a pile of sh*t

Guest DN Braund
nar man dey dont KNOOOW! hes not on da jay-z /lil wayne/ eminem/50cent levelhe shud be
yeathen when he is u'll start cryin that u knew bout him before, everyone's bandwagonning, why didnt they like him beforei could go on

Wasnt excited until I read this:

If Chris Bridges were to walk into your office for a job interview, he’d be able to leave most of the talking to his resume. Seven albums. A record label that has some cache behind it. A charitable foundation that actually gets stuff done in the hood. A respectable acting career. A stake in a posh Atlanta restaurant called Straits. But ask the 31-year-old Illinois native the kids call Ludacris to name something else he’s good and the man goes, “I would consider myself really good at playing real-life Monopoly, the real estate business. I would say I’m good at real estate. Now is not the time to sell. People are always going to need a place to stay.”Follow the bar-spitting broker over the next month or so and the label of brilliant time manager could join dude’s list of jobs. Luda’s action-packed Max Payne just opened to big box office numbers on October 17. On October 31, another film he co-stars, RocknRolla, comes out. Then, on November 25, Ludacris unleashes his seventh CD, Theater of the Mind, on the masses. Hell, we’re ready for a nap from just reciting the man’s itinerary. We didn’t wanna just assume how Luda was feeling about it all, so we recently met up with the tireless artist at an Atlanta hotel to get his thoughts on the new movies, new DTP projects and new ways consumers are using their entertainment dollars. HipHopDX: You have two big movies dropping in October. What does that feel like? Ludacris: It feels good, man, but I’m always trying to strive to do better ‘cause I still feel like I’m new to the acting game—even though I’ve been doing it for, like, five years. It’s different from music. I’ve been doing that since I was, like, nine. I’m lovin’ it. I’m just glad I’m makin’ smart choices and I want to continue doing that, picking diverse roles. That’s what I’m all about, not tryin’ to play Ludacris in any movies. I’m tryin’ to do different stuff. DX: These flicks are kinda dark. Ludacris: Yeah, they got that film noir, Matrix feel. DX: That’s a definite contrast to your light-hearted albums. Is that done consciously?Ludacris: Absolutely. When I say increase my body of work, I strive to do stuff that’s going to surprise everybody else and do just different things. That’s exactly why I did that. I just like to have that range. I think I have that. I’m very versatile and I’m just trying to show that versatility. DX: Tell me a couple of actors that fans would be surprised to hear you like.Ludacris: Jeffrey Wright. Shirley McLaine. Of course, Denzel [Washington]. Dustin Hoffman. Jack Nicholson, just to name a few. DX: What’s special about Theater of the Mind?Ludacris: In Theater of the Mind, I themed every song to be like a movie. Instead of having features, I feel like I have co-stars. Everything is movie-esque. Say, for instance, I have a song with [boxer] Floyd Mayweather [click to read] called “Undisputed.” I’m in a boxing ring and you can hear the punches. He’s my coach and he’s kinda coaching me through the industry. I got a song with Common [click to read] and Spike Lee called “Do the Right Thing,” kinda themed after the movie. Some of them are storytelling songs. Some of them you hear sound effects. It’s basically, I’m providing you the audio; the rest is up to the theater of your mind. It’s something totally different than what everybody else is doing right now. DX: In your eyes, have you done a great album yet?Ludacris: Hell yeah! I definitely think I’ve done a great album. I wouldn’t say every one of them is a classic, but I definitely think I’ve done some great albums. DX: For that person who only knows the commercial stuff, what album do they need to listen to for a true definition of Ludacris?Ludacris: I would say every album, but if I had to choose one, I would say the Theater of the Mind album. It basically soaks up all of the albums in one. DX: When you look at Hip Hop across the musical landscape, are you pleased with its current position?Ludacris: You know what? I think that it kinda puts the pressure on everybody to try to put out greater projects as a whole; not just having one or two great singles out but having a great album. It seems like consumers are getting smarter. They can just go buy one song and not buy an entire album. But if you have an entire album that’s good, then I feel like [that’s good]. On the one hand, I’m not happy with it. On the other, I am. It’s, like, good and bad. I just think consumers are picking and choosing which albums they wanna go out and buy. DX: You don’t knock’em for that, right?Ludacris: Hell nah! I’m the same way. That’s why I took my time with this [album], and I made sure I’m about to give them their money’s worth—always. DX: I got an email the other day about an I-20 record. Pardon the ignorance, but who is in DTP these days?Ludacris: 20 is definitely family. You got Shareefa. You got Playaz Circle [click to read], the “Duffle Bag Boys.” You have a new artist by the name of Willie Northpole. He’s out of Phoenix, Arizona. We have a new group by the name of Block Exchange. Oh, and Shawnna. We’re actually working on some stuff with Shawnna now.DX: How is ’09 gonna play out for you?Ludacris: In ’09, I’m definitely dropping another album. I’m working on a Battle of the Sexes album and a Theater of the Mind 2. With Battle of the Sexes, I’m trying to do some stuff with Shawnna. There’s another movie coming out [next summer] called The Game, which stars Gerard Butler. He starred in 300 [click to read]. That is a kinda futuristic action movie. Imagine convicts in a battle zone, but [they’re] being played as actual video games because they have a chip in their heads. So, it’s human beings playing other human beings in a battle zone. They do it to shave time off their sentences, or to get outta jail. It’s going to be crazy. DX: This economic situation is affecting everybody in some way. How is it touching you?Ludacris: Well, I mean, as a businessman, I have businesses, so everybody is affected. The one thing I can say is that it affects me in a way that I feel responsible and people are really stressed out right now. They need forms of entertainment to help them get through. So, providing them with Max Payne or RocknRolla or giving them this Theater of the Mind album on November 25 is kinda needed. I think that helps people relieve a lil’ bit of stress and that’s what I’m trying to do. DX: And with all of that comes a level of expectations. Do you pride yourself in being someone who’s looked up to?Ludacris: Absolutely. I definitely understand that I’m a role model. If I come out with “parental advisory” stickers [on my CDs], I can’t control where my music goes sometimes. But I definitely take on my role as a role model. That’s why I have my own foundation. I do a lot with kids and work a lot with underprivileged youth and continue to give back to my community
Interesting concept

Wasnt excited until I read this:
DX: What’s special about Theater of the Mind?Ludacris: In Theater of the Mind, I themed every song to be like a movie. Instead of having features, I feel like I have co-stars. Everything is movie-esque. Say, for instance, I have a song with [boxer] Floyd Mayweather [click to read] called “Undisputed.” I’m in a boxing ring and you can hear the punches. He’s my coach and he’s kinda coaching me through the industry. I got a song with Common [click to read] and Spike Lee called “Do the Right Thing,” kinda themed after the movie. Some of them are storytelling songs. Some of them you hear sound effects. It’s basically, I’m providing you the audio; the rest is up to the theater of your mind. It’s something totally different than what everybody else is doing right now.
Interesting concept
yeah