Excellent Site for Studying for IT Certs

Mr. Gayle

Its sick, has nuff study guide, cram sheets, pratice exams and questions.Has a good forum with so much information.Has CISCO, Microsoft, A+, CIWI was already doing my A+'s anyway, but this site has def helped with my studies, gunna do my 1st exam end of month.http://www.proprofs.com/----------------Now playing: Notorious B.I.G - notorious thugs

Its sick, has nuff study guide, cram sheets, pratice exams and questions.Has a good forum with so much information.Has CISCO, Microsoft, A+, CIWI was already doing my A+'s anyway, but this site has def helped with my studies, gunna do my 1st exam end of month.http://www.proprofs.com/----------------Now playing: Notorious B.I.G - notorious thugs
Been revising for my a+ too. How long you been studying?

Guest DN Braund

im doin a minor oneMCTS Vista configuration, may do deployment aswelldont want a career in IT, but jus want them to prove i can do sh*t with windowsi find it better to jus download the video tutorials on torrents, that wot i didthen i might do MCITP, enterprise support technician or consumer support technician

Only a few weeks, still getting my head around IRQ's and thatWhat about you

Only a few weeks, still getting my head around IRQ's and thatWhat about you
bout half a year on and off .don't bother with the irqs much as I been told they are no longer included in the exam. check proprofs for a list of the things to study for. only thing that gets me is the different speeds of processors. theres to many. looking to take the exam after xmas.

• 1 year later...

good lookin out

im doin 1st line tech support atm

I just lost my job doing this ^^

Don't know what to do, applied for similar roles but definatly want to take up some more training.

There was a zenos apprenticeship course that had a few of these Microsoft and CompTIA exams for free but i missed out as I'm over the age barrier now (should of done that instead of college)

I am very good with computers and want a career in IT for the rest of my life tbh, I don't think i'll need much revision for these exams.

Which ones do you all recommend?

2 year old topic

i ended up starting a CCNA just over halfway thru

you mention nuggets i guess you have heard of http://www.cbtnuggets.com/ then?

Do you have network exp, i was thinking of CCNA's but wanted at least a basic grounding, didnt wanna just jump into it without knowing anything

You ready for any exams ?

good lookin out

Don't know what to do, applied for similar roles but definatly want to take up some more training.

There was a zenos apprenticeship course that had a few of these Microsoft and CompTIA exams for free but i missed out as I'm over the age barrier now (should of done that instead of college)

I am very good with computers and want a career in IT for the rest of my life tbh, I don't think i'll need much revision for these exams.

CompTIA is pretty simple, looks good on ur CV

MCDST is good also

/

Another thing you can do is say your studying them on your CV, also state a skill set on your CV.

This is what I used on my last CV 2 years ago

Technology Summary

Certifications: Currently Studying Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST), ITIL Foundation

Applications: Remedy, Dreamweaver, Microsoft FrontPage, Microsoft Office 2007/2003, Microsoft SharePoint, Blackberry Enterprise Server (Mobile Analyzer), AVG, Adobe Photoshop CS, Active Directory (Active Roles Server), Exchange, VPN Remote Access, BEW,

Systems: Windows Vista/XP/Pro

Hardware: Blackberry, Netgear ADSL routers

Languages: HTML, C+

2 year old topic

i ended up starting a CCNA just over halfway thru

you mention nuggets i guess you have heard of http://www.cbtnuggets.com/ then?

Do you have network exp, i was thinking of CCNA's but wanted at least a basic grounding, didnt wanna just jump into it without knowing anything

You ready for any exams ?

Nah, no network experience as such.

Well, I did comp sci at uni but the only networking was a 1 semester class but it covered a bunch of stuff ive never used since eg token ring (wtf is the point in teaching that?).

we did cover OSI layers etc but the first semester (of 4) in the CCNA is Networking Fundamentals which covers all the basics you need to know.

If you wanted you could probs download CCNA 1 and have a look at it before starting the course.

edit: exams - theres 1 for each semester and then the big external one at the end. ive completed semester 1 and 2 so far

good lookin out

I lost the job that my previous post referred to. Thats temp work for you. A year, then a weeks notice - "bye..."

TBH Ive no idea - my dad lectures computing at college so I went to his place and asked a few lecturers what they would recommend. One guy said "well im teaching the CCNA its a great course, starts tonight, I leave in 1 hr. You can get a lift there and back each lesson if you want" so i just thought f*ck it why not. Turned out to be a good decision :lol: