FAO : UFC Fans

Numero001

I refer to this quote:

sickest uppercut i seen in my life
A boxer would have never been caught with that. Man brought that all the way from behind his back. Dude saw the punch, kinda moved his head and got caught with that. Wasteman should quit. Sick uppercut tho, very amateurish defence.I really tried to watch this whole thing in bias of UFC, giving them compliments throughout. I even managed to convince myself that the wrestling on the floor is interesting. But at the end, all I could commend was their marketing. Fights were sh*t full of anti-climaxes. Only good stoppage was the one mentioned above. The fat Brazillian dude one was alright as well. No edge of the seat, fight swinging back-and-forth action. Lol @ getting stopped on submissions. Come like a boxing fight getting stopped on cuts due to clash of heads in the 1st round.What happened to Brock's muscules? Man's fleshy. His slow-mo jabs were funny
As mentioned, I really tried to be biased towards UFC, I really did, but I just dont see the hype.I know that 12 rounds of boxing can be boring, especially when there are two waste people lacking ambition fighting, but I dont see a structure for this to be better. The fights ended early, which should be a plus, but I just feel like they were what we'd (boxing fans) call premature stoppages. Dudes were calling the Roy Jones fight boring and it was action-packed in comparison to the whole bill last night.Only thing that could bring me to enjoy it, is if I was a fan of a particular fighter, but watching as a neutral, it is sh*t.Was that a sh*t bill last night? Do you really get hyped up watching it? How about the endings, dont you feel deflated 'cause the actual fight was better than the ending. Dont get it twisted, as much as I am a boxing fan, I do appreciate other sports and this is in no way a Goddaz style topic where I act like I want to know what others are saying, when in actual fact I'm just tryna get a point across. If poss, point me in the way to some classic UFC fights

TBH it wasnt the best card last night. Try and watch UFC 87, that was a very good all round event. But yeah, im a boxing fan & a MMA fan. I try watch both as much as I can but I prefer MMA simply because 9/10 the fights are more interesting & entertaining than boxing.Heres a decent vid..Some good UFC fights to watchForrest Griffin vs Stephan Bonnar Victo Belfort vs Wanderlei SilvaGonzaga vs Cro Cop (knockout in this case)

I used to hate MMA. All my mates used to watch it so I just used to tolerate it. Then the Ortiz-Shamrock feud was happening and the excitement for that was too much.From then on I just used to watch it whenever stand-up guys would fight like Liddell. Hated it whenever they would go to the ground.However I then started supporting a few guys which makes it A LOT more enjoyable and then I started to learn the importance of the takedown. If 2 guys are evenly fighting and then 1 scores a takedown they'd win the round. That's why you hear huge roars from the crowd whenever there's a takedown.After you watch a few events you start to learn the Jiu-Jitsu and ground aspect of the game. You start to see how a fighter is working toward an armbar or rear naked choke. I thought UFC 91 was sh*t tbh. Make sure you watch UFC 92 on December 27th cos it's gonna be the best card of the year.Rashad Evans (guy that knocked liddell the f*ck out) is fighting Forrest Griffin for the light heavyweight titleThe interim heavyweight champion Nogueira will be fighting Frank Mir (these are the two coaches on the ultimate fighter) and the winner will fight Brock Lesnar for the real heavyweight title.Rampage Jackson will fight Wanderlei Silva. This will be the best fight of the night. Both fighters HATE eachother and have had a long rivalry since back when they used to fight in a different organisation called Pride. Wanderlei basically KO'd Rampage twice before so Rampage will be looking to score one over his rival. Wanderlei has a fantastic aggressive style that new mma fans love and rampage is a big powerful dude too.Also homegrown fighter Mostapha Al-turk is fighting Cheick Kongo which should be great too.Just make sure you tune in to UFC 92 because that will give you a better impression of MMA. I thought UFC 91's card was BULLSHIT.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now to answer what you said about a boxer not getting caught by the uppercut. What you have to understand is that an MMA fighter has to try defend Takedowns, kicks, knees, elbows and punches. Therefore the whole defensive aspect of MMA is different to boxing's. It's not as simple as slipping a punch because, if you watch mma knockout highlights, you'll notice a lot of KO's happen from the victim slipping a punch straight into an upcoming knee.Like boxing, in MMA some fighters are more exciting than others:Rampage JacksonWanderlei SilvaForrest GriffinUrijah FaberChuck LiddellAnderson SilvaGeorges ST.PierreFedor EmelianenkoRoger HuertaGenki Sudo (if you appreciate the comedy factor)Shogun RuaThe majority of their fights are very entertaining. Tito Ortiz is very entertaining because of the pre-fight hype he brings but a lot of his fights are lay'n'pray (term for fighters that take their opponent down and just lay on them to grind out the round).So yeah search for some of their fights to get a good idea of exciting fights.

UFC's the future simple as Boxing should send their top 5 top guys in the LightweightWelterweight Middleweight Light Heavyweight ANDHeavyweight and see what happens coz i'd love to see Brock Lesner Vs David Haye even though the Brit would lose heavily
That's dumb. Obviously the UFC fighter will win in his ring under his preferred near-lawless rules. Same way if you sent top 5 UFC to boxing they'd all get K'd the f*ck O. You are right in that UFC is the future. We live in a throwaway society full of channel flickers. Who wants to watch 12 rounds of two pugilists plying their trade at the highest order, when they can watch a fat bastard and an ageing dude fight for approx 3 mins. Its like no one appreciates 50 overs of crickets of 5-day tests and would prefer to watch 20/20. UFC's marketing is on point, its just real-life WWE minus the steroids@ Steven, I appreciate the on-the-ground sh*t - think its real interesting seeing guys working sh*t out. Not as exciting as when they are on their feet for obvious reasons. My main gripe is early/premature stoppages. Also, the fight doesnt swing both ways as much as boxing, nor does it have anywhere near the twists and turns of some fights. I rate their fighters attitude; they seem hungrier than most boxers. A lot of boxers prefer to play boxing: fight off the back of a jab, rarely throw a right cross with any meaning rather than fight and want to knock a man out. My dad's always telling me the fighters of the 80s were of a different breed, never fails to reels off names like Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran. These ones are too pampered, nah nuh pride, plus the countless organisations does little to curb the problem. I'm hopeful Ring magazine's belt will get everything in shape and take the power away from the money-hungry organisations such as WBC WBO IBF and WBA.Them UFC fighters are straight nutters, for example, the dude who ran head first into the cage just off sheer adrenaline. Their aggressive and want to get the job done quicker. If they were to have a standing 8 count it would sort out the problem IMO.